Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Universal in Colorado?

Bringing this thread back up, but something to note...Universal has trademarked a new thing called "Universal Destinations & Experiences".
mark.webp
I think this might be a rebrand of "Universal Parks and Resorts." It's more all-encompassing and works for smaller things like FECs and restaurants.

If that's the case, then wouldn't they rather have it attached to something they have pre existing ties? Not to mention, why go through the potential trouble of starting a new UCDP?

I've heard the Philly location was a test and it's a big initiative now, so making a new division for it makes sense. So what would make more sense with no other rumors would be for a copy of Toothsome in Denver.

I think this might be a rebrand of "Universal Parks and Resorts." It's more all-encompassing and works for smaller things like FECs and restaurants.

I don't think this might be a rebrand. Part of my reason lies that back in September, NBCU was starting to make changes; particularly to that of the merging of Universal Brand Development with UPR's merchandising division into "Universal Products & Experiences".

Could I be wrong--probably, but I have to think they'd be having that change already if that was the case.

I've heard the Philly location was a test and it's a big initiative now, so making a new division for it makes sense. So what would make more sense with no other rumors would be for a copy of Toothsome in Denver.

Counterpoint, what if this is for larger projects than that of Toothsome? We've had Halloween Horror Nights rumored to be coming into the Vegas quadrant prior earlier in the year, and as I have mentioned before; there is no facility or structure in the Denver area that has existing ties. If it was a Toothsomes, I'd have to think it would've been just a Milkshake Foundry like what you guys have in Philly (and that would be to assume that it would be connected to a structure that Comcast has had previous ties for).

Still doesn't explain why Comcast is setting up a UCDP, but perhaps Toothsome could be part of a project that'd require something larger? I saw a mention of Gaylord Palms on a past comment; though NBCU doesn't do in house hotel developments..maybe they could be setting up a "Resort" in the Denver area that has Toothsome, a hotel, and something specific for the Denver area?

Mini theme park quality regional destinations are coming. I feel it.

A fully modular Super Nintendo World "Experience" attached to a mini-Citywalk Denver with a Hotel could be a heck of a way to do something wild. Could explain why there is a need to do a UCDP, because of the need to have multiple assets in place for overall.

Those who don't study history are doomed to repeat it.

Maybe--but perhaps one could argue history could be avoided if studied in a way that presents a different scenario?

Buy and large, DisneyQuest was at full front: a FEC first with Disney branded experiences that had a high level of technical scale (Even if the quality was less than desired). And in the case of DisneyQuest, it could not really function to change and evolve, due to the notion of the technicalities from that space.

What if...they just make a theme park land? Have it plopped at one place, with a 40-50 dollar price range to get in; that allows the same fidelity and experience, with the same attractions of that land offering? Would likely have to require space to allow an expansion pad to give the "Land" more depth later on, but if it had the attractions to justify it..why not?

Wow-- I wonder where else they are looking at?

Without having access to market & demographic info that Universal has.....some of the regions that I would guess:

Northwest/Seattle area
Virginia/North Carolina area
Chicago area
The Northeast....this area encompasses so many large metro areas....I'd like to see something in New England/Greater Boston

Without having access to market & demographic info that Universal has.....some of the regions that I would guess:

Northwest/Seattle area
Virginia/North Carolina area
Chicago area
The Northeast....this area encompasses so many large metro areas....I'd like to see something in New England/Greater Boston
Universal obviously chose Texas because of the weather. I don't think they want to be in cold weather cities if they can avoid it. They want long seasons of being open. Virginia/NC is the most likely of the ones you listed there, but of course the one near Dallas may be it for other parks in the US.