Super Nintendo World - Hollywood (General Discussion) | Page 201 | Inside Universal Forums

Super Nintendo World - Hollywood (General Discussion)

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
It’s like this is a discussion board and people can be free to discuss all aspects of this land. The good, the bad, and the ugly.

What’s less conducive to this discussion is dismissing those sharing their criticisms.

And? Why shouldn't people dismiss your criticism if they don't agree with it?

I don't think I'm dismissing criticism myself. I've often dunked on things that are downright bad/unacceptable in theme parks (Disney being a very frequent target) but here in particular I don't necessarily think the criticism is warranted and it's fair to criticize the criticism.

I don't support the rose colored glasses approach by any means, but I do think there's a point where fans are overly exacting when they really have no idea what's involved in designing or running a theme park. Personally, I've been involved with corporate projects that weren't everything I would have wanted them to be, but due to various constraints, including structural and time (not even necessarily management) they simply had to be completed and shipped.

All I'm saying here is, based on what we know, it just doesn't seem fair to criticize Super Nintendo World for its location or tiled background, especially when it appears that absolutely everything else in the vision is intact.

It feels like this thread is getting so spicy just because we’re all so antsy to have this thing open already. We’re so close. When the hills are causing several pages’ worth of back and forth, you know the conversation has been completely drained at this point and all that’s left is for everyone to finally experience it for themselves.

Personally, I’m looking forward to reading all your guys’ reactions and stuff to the ride, to the food, to the ambiance, to the interactive things, and on and on (and seeing it all myself) because it’s what this thread desperately needs to get us past the awkward snippiness with one another.

If we want to argue sight lines and trees painted onto a building. But yes, there are no seams in the hills.

Attachments

• Screenshot 2022-11-19 180636.jpg
    Screenshot 2022-11-19 180636.jpg
    111.6 KB · Views: 62
  • Screenshot 2022-11-19 180605.jpg
    Screenshot 2022-11-19 180605.jpg
    155.9 KB · Views: 63
  • Screenshot 2022-11-19 180456.jpg
    Screenshot 2022-11-19 180456.jpg
    244.5 KB · Views: 82
Moving it back to discussion, gonna bring up a prediction (A prediction? How brave).

I'm predicting that Super Nintendo World will have it's opening date announced during The Game Awards. For Universal; I have to think that they'd be valuing the LA Based award show with value to how wide the global pool is to promote external media products like SNW and Illumination SMB. I think having a dedicated presence during the awards show; with a date announced publicly during it with a dance number feels in line with the marketing tactics TGA does.

As for Illumination SMB, a 90 second trailer got rated a few days ago; and unless if it's going to hit for Strange World, having it at TGA makes sense after "Best Adaptation" award is shown.

I agree. Distant sightlines are a obnoxious debate among theme park fans. Like when people complained about being able to see the Cosmic Rewind show building from World Showcase in Epcot. Something like this being visible from a vantage point far outside the land does not impact the guest experience -- unless you're just looking to complain about something.

Now let's get back to the important discussion. Like what's the safest bet to book my next SoCal trip in order to see SNW, even if it's in soft opening.
im thinking feb and beyond. the land isn't done. still a hard hat area.

Reactions: OrlandoRising
It feels like this thread is getting so spicy just because we’re all so antsy to have this thing open already. We’re so close. When the hills are causing several pages’ worth of back and forth, you know the conversation has been completely drained at this point and all that’s left is for everyone to finally experience it for themselves.

Personally, I’m looking forward to reading all your guys’ reactions and stuff to the ride, to the food, to the ambiance, to the interactive things, and on and on (and seeing it all myself) because it’s what this thread desperately needs to get us past the awkward snippiness with one another.
The issue is when people get condescending. And that happens veeeerrry easily here I'm noticing.

"I'm not saying you're wrong, but I'm still more right than you."

Anyway, not going to bring it up anymore and simply won't engage. Can't wait for the land to be complete (if I'm being honest, I totally can as I probably won't be able to go until like late 2025).

Last edited:
Just to chime in on the whole discussion... Theme park execs constantly shove jargon down our throats and advertise this as a "fully immersive" experience where you get to actually feel like you're in the real fantasy world. If your land was FULLY immersive, then why is my first impression of the land exposed steel as I'm making my way to it. You're literally telling guests that the land isn't real before they even have a chance to enter it. And of course I get that this is a theme park and nothing can be perfect, but if you're going to build it, go full out... and they don't.

An example is Toon Town 1.0. I remember imagineering going out of their way to add green fabricated hills to the top of the TDA cast member parking structure acres away just bc the top of it was visible to guests in certain corners of Toon Town... They did that to not ruin the illusion for guests inside the land. Bc there is literally no point in investing all that money in an immersive land when the entire illusion can be lost in a split second bc of a parking structure.

Just to chime in on the whole discussion... Theme park execs constantly shove jargon down our throats and advertise this as a "fully immersive" experience where you get to actually feel like you're in the real fantasy world. If your land was FULLY immersive, then why is my first impression of the land exposed steel as I'm making my way to it. You're literally telling guests that the land isn't real before they even have a chance to enter it. And of course I get that this is a theme park and nothing can be perfect, but if you're going to build it, go full out... and they don't.

An example is Toon Town 1.0. I remember imagineering going out of their way to add green fabricated hills to the top of the TDA cast member parking structure acres away just bc the top of it was visible to guests in certain corners of Toon Town... They did that to not ruin the illusion for guests inside the land. Bc there is literally no point in investing all that money in an immersive land when the entire illusion can be lost in a split second bc of a parking structure.

When you are making your way to it, you are not inside the land. And it is a movie studio, nothing is real. That's how I view it. Plus, I know Nintendo World is not real to begin with.