The Future of The Simpsons Ride/Springfield (Orlando) | Page 3 | Inside Universal Forums

The Future of The Simpsons Ride/Springfield (Orlando)

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Minion Mayhem will fit into the BTTF building no problem, already has been done in Japan.

Ideal situation would be for Minion Mayhem to move into Springfield. I can see them leaving the Minion Shooter up in the front of the park, but something different in the Mayhem building. Retheme twirl n hurl into Silly Swirly.

Minion Mayhem will fit into the BTTF building no problem, already has been done in Japan.

Ideal situation would be for Minion Mayhem to move into Springfield. I can see them leaving the Minion Shooter up in the front of the park, but something different in the Mayhem building. Retheme twirl n hurl into Silly Swirly.
Don’t see them dumping money into Minions Cafe and villain Con just to change a few years later. Just make it Tokyo and give us Godzilla/Sanrio.

Additionally, how do you retheme Duff Brewery and Moe's?!?!?!?!
If we were going for a Tokyo aesthetic as the person you quoted said, Duff Brewery becomes a Sake place and as for Moe's... well that can be turned into literally anything. Hell, a nice Japanese restaurant is on the table. That structure has existed since 1990 serving food. It can be anything as they're going to have to gut the place like they did with IFFF anyway.

If we were going for a Tokyo aesthetic as the person you quoted said, Duff Brewery becomes a Sake place and as for Moe's... well that can be turned into literally anything. Hell, a nice Japanese restaurant is on the table. That structure has existed since 1990 serving food. It can be anything as they're going to have to gut the place like they did with IFFF anyway.
Already have ramen in comic cafe so easy add to Tokyo area for food. Tonkatsu should be difficult to add either.

Just make it Tokyo and give us Godzilla/Sanrio.
NEVER considered Tokyo. If they can pull it off and make it authentic, it’d be such a design miracle - even Disney skews more rural with their Japan pavilion.

I’m in the camp that thinks Star Trek/Starfleet would be a grander replacement, especially because of the proximity to the San Fran land - bonus points if they can soup-up the existing ride building if they intend to keep that system - but, my gosh…some variety of Godzilla Encounter would be unreal.

Last edited:
If Minions are taking over Production Central, I say convert Springfield into a "backlot". Use the Simpsons ride building for Universal's take on the Great Movie Ride. Transition from Hollywood Blvd to an area themed to movie making. Could even extend that theme to the back area, with the Special Effects Show going in the Fear Factor stage

Reactions: biggerboat16
Springfield, nearly 6 years away at the earliest, if it happens at all. Plenty of time for an IP to rise to prominence by then, if needed. Guessing Universal will milk it for as long as they can, since Springfield is
pretty profitable.

Springfield, nearly 6 years away at the earliest, if it happens at all. Plenty of time for an IP to rise to prominence by then, if needed. Guessing Universal will milk it for as long as they can, since Springfield is
pretty profitable.
Not sure by what you mean "if at all". Disney isn't letting Universal keep the IP, I can almost assure you of that. The Simpsons will have been on Disney+ for nearly a decade by 2028 and with the many different Simpsons animated shorts that Disney has commissioned for synergistic purposes (while letting the writers take jabs at Disney all the while), the Simpsons will become more and more known as a Disney owned brand by then.

Even if the show is off of the air, it's still a profitable IP that I can see being put into DHS or DCA, replacing either Animation Courtyard or Hollywoodland at the respective parks if they wanted to do a land. If they don't want to do a land, there's still plenty of money in merchandising, alcohol sales, and M&G's (some guests might be more likely to buy a photo of them with the Simpsons family in the Simpsons house than of some random character on the street for example).

I can easily see a small area with a ride or two, alcohol sales and merch. Much like what UOR has now, but hopefully the main ride would be better considering they wouldn't be working with a 1990 ride system and it would be ground up construction.

Not sure by what you mean "if at all". Disney isn't letting Universal keep the IP, I can almost assure you of that. The Simpsons will have been on Disney+ for nearly a decade by 2028 and with the many different Simpsons animated shorts that Disney has commissioned for synergistic purposes (while letting the writers take jabs at Disney all the while), the Simpsons will become more and more known as a Disney owned brand by then.

Even if the show is off of the air, it's still a profitable IP that I can see being put into DHS or DCA, replacing either Animation Courtyard or Hollywoodland at the respective parks if they wanted to do a land. If they don't want to do a land, there's still plenty of money in merchandising, alcohol sales, and M&G's (some guests might be more likely to buy a photo of them with the Simpsons family in the Simpsons house than of some random character on the street for example).

I can easily see a small area with a ride or two, alcohol sales and merch. Much like what UOR has now, but hopefully the main ride would be better considering they wouldn't be working with a 1990 ride system and it would be ground up construction.
It may be close to probable, but it's not a fact. Money makes strange bedfellows. Disney has a plethora of marketable IP's and many of them have small presences in the parks.

Last edited:
Reactions: GA-MBIT
I like the movie of the ride but never found the ride fun....its always been bumpy and just not that fun to be on. I also love the land so it will be bittersweet to say good bye in a few year....especially if Disney just ignores the Simpsons their theme parks.

Would not be shocked if they close the ride before the contract expires, but keep the land open. Either that or a MAJOR rehab (which, what would be the point since they're probably gonna demo the whole thing when it's time for the land to close anyway)?