The Future of The Simpsons Ride/Springfield (Orlando) | Page 4 | Inside Universal Forums

The Future of The Simpsons Ride/Springfield (Orlando)

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Would not be shocked if they close the ride before the contract expires, but keep the land open. Either that or a MAJOR rehab (which, what would be the point since they're probably gonna demo the whole thing when it's time for the land to close anyway)?
I'm fine with the ride being gone...but they better start working on the next attraction then as well and not just have no ride there for 2ish years

Well this and the Tram area. Honestly I hope Nintendoland basically forces them to move the tram area because it along with the hill are alot of space to use for rides/lands etc.

I know the coaster will take over the hill area near the escalator, but if they move the tram and stop using the driveway down the hill they can easily expand the Simpson ride building to house a bigger attraction and while the Q isn't small they could take the SLOP route and make it a ride you need a ticket for later in the day so they don't have to take up more of that area with a bigger Q.

This is the USF thread!

Reactions: Jerroddragon
The land is better than the ride. I haven’t done the ride since 2015 and don’t miss it since it’s nauseating. Just use the Minion Mayhem/Race Through New York ride system in a redo.

Reactions: DodgsonHere
Just use the Minion Mayhem/Race Through New York ride system in a redo.

The park does not need any more of that!

It's pretty fun to have a beer at Duff Gardens and listen to Kang (or is it Kodos?) taunt the ride-goers on that ride. :cheers: Hope that somehow stays.

That's the thing, there is actually some fun atmosphere in Springfield. But I think the whole thing needs to go.

Reactions: GA-MBIT
I suppose to bring up a very good question:

if NBCUniversal and The Walt Disney Company would see the potential benefits to..keeping the contract currently in place, would they keep The Simpsons Ride? Feel for Hollywood this isn't a question on a fundamental safety level; but for Orlando; this is more interesting due to the state of the venue as it was even back in 2007.

if NBCUniversal and The Walt Disney Company would see the potential benefits to..keeping the contract currently in place, would they keep The Simpsons Ride? Feel for Hollywood this isn't a question on a fundamental safety level; but for Orlando; this is more interesting due to the state of the venue as it was even back in 2007.
Should any of us even want them to keep the ride?

And again, Disney won’t license out character they DONT use in theme parks to Universal for HHN, why would they continue a licensing deal with characters that they for sure would use in the parks in some capacity, even if it’s only a M&G?

Reactions: GA-MBIT
Never liked the BTTF ride, I always got out shaken and sick unfortunately as I love the ip.
Never did the Simpsons version for that exact reason and although the area is fun I won't be sad to see it demolished.

The ride system is getting up there in age and many effects in both USF and USH (like the smoke) have stopped working and they have not bothered to fix it. The Simpsons Ride has had a good run thus far but it's time for something new and fresh. USF as a whole will probably be undergoing some massive changes post EU to make it more appealing and The Simpsons Ride, MIB, abandoned FF stage and even the plot behind the Simpsons are ripe for expansion with possibly several lands to go in the redeveloped space(s).

I don't see the Simpsons ride surviving more than 5 years. Could definitely see Disney utilizing the Simpsons IP for a small attraction at the parks, they sell a boatload of merch.

Reactions: Coolbfitz
Got to remember, we wouldn't just be losing the ride. We'd be losing, duff, FFB, etc. Those are bigger losses imo.

To give the park space for a brand-new land with a couple of significant new attractions would be worth losing some beer.

I think you need to control your expectations. They probably aren't going to build a huge dark ride with all AA's here even if they do get rid of the beer.

But FFB is a significant loss to food capacity in the park. The place is always slammed.

Right but I'm sure Disney would love the opportunity to sell Simpsons merch.

I'm just talking about those who are pining for the end of the ride. If Disney doesn't want to renew it's all gone.

I think you need to control your expectations. They probably aren't going to build a huge dark ride with all AA's here even if they do get rid of the beer.

Trust me, what I expect and what I think the park needs are quite different things.

But I know this: there's NO chance of any new ride of any kind in that spot until they get rid of what's currently there.

I don't see the Simpsons ride surviving more than 5 years. Could definitely see Disney utilizing the Simpsons IP for a small attraction at the parks, they sell a boatload of merch.
Maybe a meet and greet of some kind in Hollywood Studios, but I can't see anything more than that

But FFB is a significant loss to food capacity in the park. The place is always slammed.

I'm just talking about those who are pining for the end of the ride. If Disney doesn't want to renew it's all gone.
They would probably keep FFB open after they shutter The Simpsons ride proper and then reskin it when the Simpsons Ride replacement is close to being completed. At Universal Studios Singapore The Madagascar land is being leveled for Minions and a Copy of SNW but the Madagascar Carousel is still open as it is something that can be reskinned when the Minion land is closer to being completed.

Maybe a meet and greet of some kind in Hollywood Studios, but I can't see anything more than that
M&G, Merch, F&B.

By 2028, I don't think the franchise will warrant a ride, but as long as The Simpsons keep raking in money in other ways, Disney will grab it. There's Animation Courtyard at DHS and Hollywoodland at DCA in dire need for any help that they can get, just saying...