The Future of The Simpsons Ride/Springfield (Orlando) | Page 6 | Inside Universal Forums

The Future of The Simpsons Ride/Springfield (Orlando)

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
I took a long survey that focused on Simpsons and Jurassic Park, they like to double areas up in parks, Simpsons to Camp Crustaceous?

A few weeks ago I took a very long survey asking about Minecraft as a themepark land and the types of rides and attractions I would expect, which I thought was interesting

A few weeks ago I took a very long survey asking about Minecraft as a themepark land and the types of rides and attractions I would expect, which I thought was interesting
I’m sure these surveys use a ton of out there properties. They’re used to gather a lot of data, I wouldn’t look into it too much.

Reactions: salismetho
All this does raise a very good point, why stop at Nintendo? There's other huge properties such as Elder Scrolls or Dark Souls that can make for interesting lands and huge draws.

All this does raise a very good point, why stop at Nintendo? There's other huge properties such as Elder Scrolls or Dark Souls that can make for interesting lands and huge draws.
Nintendo is more than just video games now, it has merchandise and movies and it's probably as iconic as video games can get. It's also family friendly which is a must. The only other video game IP that is likely to get a theme park land is Minecraft, but I doubt it will be at Universal.

TBH, I think It's time to move on and replace The Simpsons. But considering the space behind the Simpsons plot, If they did a dark ride It would have to be either a Midway Mania style ride or the stacked dark ride patent Universal filed a while back

I had a very Simpsons-heavy survey a few weeks ago.

I got one over the weekend that asked about The Weeknd, The Last of Us, and Lord of the Rings. They're all over the place.

Reactions: Nico
A Simpsons dark ride in the vein of MMRR or even Mr. Toad can be placed right next to Bikini Bottom as huge missed opportunities

I try not to look back on things like that, considering Universal's financial state at the time and just general philosophy

Ironically, if the Universal of today was the Universal of 2008, Idk if we would have even gotten "The Simpsons" to begin with

Why not have the Power Plant and Simpsons Hollywood esc background instead? A school is a bummer of a facade, that would be more fun. Can make Homer more of the star too since he’s maybe most famously wide known of the family.

Reactions: Coolbfitz
Why not have the Power Plant and Simpsons Hollywood esc background instead? A school is a bummer of a facade, that would be more fun. Can make Homer more of the star too since he’s maybe most famously wide known of the family.

My speculation was that the show starts intro starts in the school so load is detention before bart enters and the ride starts. They could have any multiple reasons to have it be the school, such as a school festival or something.

Reactions: Nico
My speculation was that the show starts intro starts in the school so load is detention before bart enters and the ride starts. They could have any multiple reasons to have it be the school, such as a school festival or something.
Simpsons is the only IP that could pull off detention as Queue. Hopefully with an AA Bart writing on the chalkboard.

Reactions: Coolbfitz