Fast & Furious: Supercharged - General Discussion | Page 438 | Inside Universal Forums

Fast & Furious: Supercharged - General Discussion

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
This is tied with “why hasn’t volcano bay opened a new ride yet” as the most insane things on this forum. Oh and the assertions that x is the worst scare zone ever.
I really do live rent-free in your head :lol:

But back on topic for the others - you can’t just scrap brand new things that cost this much because you have to take a write-off to clear the book value of the attraction from the balance sheet. It’s no different than people saying they can just get rid of the subs at Disneyland - getting rid of the lagoon is really, really expensive beyond the construction cost.

No evidence for this at all, just pure wishful speculation. With supercharged in need of being scrapped and Rip Ride Rockit coming to the end of service life, how would people feel about replacing HRRR with the fast & furious drift coaster, closing supercharged and using the shell of the building but gutting the inside for something else - maybe pokemon?

No evidence for this at all, just pure wishful speculation. With supercharged in need of being scrapped and Rip Ride Rockit coming to the end of service life, how would people feel about replacing HRRR with the fast & furious drift coaster, closing supercharged and using the shell of the building but gutting the inside for something else - maybe pokemon?

I like it

Any idea that guts F&F is a good idea. :grin:

Rockit was built barely 14 years ago. Yes, the park is open virtually every day but I am almost positive you'd bet at least 30 years or so out of it.

Rockit was built barely 14 years ago. Yes, the park is open virtually every day but I am almost positive you'd bet at least 30 years or so out of it.
How long was Hulk open before it was re-tracked? I would hope they’d rather replace Rockit rather than rebuild it, especially if the drift coaster is a success in Hollywood.

How about close Supercharged and replace with a modified version of the coaster from USH? Each park now gets their top thrill machine and RRR can be quietly taken down whenever the time is right.

Ok, Based on that timeline, how long does mummy have? Hippogriff? Even the flyers lol. I look at hulk as a unique situation, not a standard procedure of operations.
Mummy’s not impacted by the elements, and I assume none of the others have structures that experience as much stress at Hulk. I’m not an insider, but I assume these are all major factors for an attraction’s lifespan.

Reactions: Coolbfitz

A Fast & Furious coaster replacing HRRR at the front of the park would be excellent. Weaving it in and around the soundstages, with maybe some additional urban theme-ing where possible, would feel totally thematically appropriate to me.

As for Supercharged's plot in that scenario, absolutely put a dark ride there.

How about close Supercharged and replace with a modified version of the coaster from USH? Each park now gets their top thrill machine and RRR can be quietly taken down whenever the time is right.

I haven't been following the rumors of the USH attraction all that closely, but given that it will be going up and down the side of a big hill (that is still the plan, right?), I think it would likely require so much modification for USF that you'd just be better off designing an entirely new coaster from scratch for the Supercharged/San Francisco plot. If that's really where you want to put another coaster in the first place.

Reactions: Coolbfitz
I think ride in Hollywood is using the hill, but I’m not an insider.

I think having that replace HRRR is the perfect solution. Then the F&F plot can be properly used.