Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Drones Coming to UOR

Dec 7, 2021
Hollywood gave these a try for the Hogwarts Dark Arts show a few years ago but maintenance caused it to go way over budget resulting in entertainment cuts. Now that the tech has likely improved and stabilized, looks like Universal might be taking another stab at it? Testing has started today!

Very interesting. Looking forward to seeing how or if they use drones in the near future.
What would be cool is if they brought a drone show to the lagoon at Islands.

UOR needs a big night show at either IOA or USF. I’m sure Epic will have one but it’ll be nice to have one at these 2 parks.

If they have a landing pad in the proper area so that these don't have to fly over guests, then it can definitely work. I could see it for Hogwarts or theoretically it could work over the lagoon in either park. They would again just need to build a landing area that doesn't go over guests heads.

UOR needs a big night show at either IOA or USF. I’m sure Epic will have one but it’ll be nice to have one at these 2 parks.
Drones do not make a big night show. Drones are *part* of a great night show.

Interesting, I think 50/50 it’s a new show test or just something for a park buy out
I was thinking possible thing for a buyout as well. Universal can make whatever you want happen if you pay enough. If say IBM bought out the park and wand Universal to program a show, for example.

That fish is very random. Part of me thinks it is either a product demonstration or for a private event.

I also don't know how they can pull off Cinematic Celebration without reducing the amount of pyro unless they launch them from the top of Transformers?

Food for thought if the costs have lowered I wonder if this means shows like Dark Arts might finally get drones incorporated (not just for Orlando either if we wanna talk on reincorporating).

If they have a landing pad in the proper area so that these don't have to fly over guests, then it can definitely work. I could see it for Hogwarts or theoretically it could work over the lagoon in either park. They would again just need to build a landing area that doesn't go over guests heads.

Drones do not make a big night show. Drones are *part* of a great night show.
Where could they put the landing area at USF?

Where could they put the landing area at USF?

USF is actually the somewhat most ideal location for a drone show because of the vast amount of flat rooftops they can store them in that are adjacent to the lagoon.

The Mummy roof is pretty large, but holds some of the larger pyro elements for the show at the moment. I think the Transformers building is a better location for it as there's no pyro being launched from it and they can put the drones above the building without interfering with the pyro.

USF is actually the somewhat most ideal location for a drone show because of the vast amount of flat rooftops they can store them in that are adjacent to the lagoon.

The Mummy roof is pretty large, but holds some of the larger pyro elements for the show at the moment. I think the Transformers building is a better location for it as there's no pyro being launched from it and they can put the drones above the building without interfering with the pyro.

I'd go with F&F. Easier to keep them from going over guest areas.

Cinematic Celebration is already very good, add drones in and it would elevate it even further

There are some dead spots I could see them working the drones in

Always funny to see people realize that Universal owns Dreamworks during the show or figure out why a character without a ride/show (Kung Fu Panda/Trolls) has an entire segment devoted to it lol.
Yes, it seems in the coming years we will see more Dreamworks integration in permanent form, not just clips in shows or a float in a parade

This will certainly help to engrain the relationship in people's brains

I appreciate cohesion anywhere