Pipeline - SWO Surf Coaster (Spring 2023) | Page 19 | Inside Universal Forums

Pipeline - SWO Surf Coaster (Spring 2023)

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
I think they will probably have the circuit complete the first week of January
About that....

I just drove past SWO on my way to work and it looks like they might install the last few pieces today! If not today then tomorrow. The final s-curve is in and part of the final turn looks to be in. The supports for the final pieces are already installed. The crane was still in the air too.

Reactions: GAcoaster
Broke my ankle pretty badly a little while ago, so now I'm extremely interested to hear the impressions about stresses on the lower body with the articulating seats.

This coaster has an interesting buzz around it in comment sections

People have no idea that Stand Up coasters already exist and it's very funny

I think this coaster may be secretly genius

Reactions: anihilnation
It is a "surf coaster" and not a traditional standup. I think it will be an improved experience. But MOST guests have never been on a standup and have no history of the (usually) bad experience of previous incarnations.

People's memories are short and the target audience is a different generation than the group that experienced B&M, Intamin, and Togo's standup coasters.

When I was working for Great Adventure and they introduced Green Lantern most people had never seen or experienced a standup coaster before, despite the park having had one with Shockwave 19 years earlier.

I’m afraid it looks a bit short - that seems to be a trait of first-of-their-kind B&Ms though. Based on that video we’re looking at about a 45-50 second ride time.

Reactions: shiekra38
I’m afraid it looks a bit short - that seems to be a trait of first-of-their-kind B&Ms though. Based on that video we’re looking at about a 45-50 second ride time.

Not the worst since some of their other B&Ms are marathons. Thought it is funny SWO is doing a "hold my beer" after the Tron complaints.

Not the worst since some of their other B&Ms are marathons. Thought it is funny SWO is doing a "hold my beer" after the Tron complaints.
Unlike Tron this wasn't hyped up for almost a decade

However, I have been noticing a trend of coasters getting shorter

There are exceptions, but overall, it's seems to be the case

Granted, as @HandsomePete said, it's a prototype, but still

Reactions: Parkscope Joe
Watching more videos, this ride will really be a make or break on those restraints and the bouncing gimmick.

What’s considered a long coaster ???

Hagrid is a long coaster, Big Thunder falls under that too. Ice Breaker is just a newer, fancier version of those Premier launched shuttles Six Flags bought in the 90s. This is like one of those concept coasters that was bought by the park, like Hypersonic XLC.

Reactions: OrlLover and SkiBum
What’s considered a long coaster ???
Big Bear Mountain is a recent example

Apollo's Chariot, Nitro, Steeve, Millennium Force, Magnum XL, Beast, Banshee are some other examples

I would even put Montu, Kumba, and Kraken in there

An extra 30 seconds or so can make a huge difference

HOWEVER, and this is a big however, the shorter ride time may benefit this ride

Much like Tron which gets uncomfortable after about 40 seconds

Reactions: OrlLover