Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Disneyland Resort

Idk who thought that genie+ and single rider merge was a good idea
Yeah, and I think the reason it's now back to the exit is they realized a very key flaw in the whole test. In by merging Single rider with LL, you still end up with empty seats because you're not merging them with stand-by as well...

And thus, it's back to the exit which SM ops have honestly been able to handle just fine.

Well, and let's be real, the system they were trying before (to pair SR up with LL at the entrance) is deeply flawed... because what would be stopping you from not going with your assigned LL group and merging with another group? Especially if you were a group willing to split up as SR. Once you all entered the queue, you could just rearrange yourself into your own group.

Like, I'm a very honest person and follow the rules, but that system was just so flawed. I mean, even at USH, where they pair SR with groups literally 15 feet away from the ride, I still see groups get mixed up. So of course there's going to be problems when you pair them off 20 minutes ahead of time. Whoever thought that was a good idea clearly never had real queue line experience, sounded like an out of touch management situation.

Did SR on Friday [first day they tested this] and Saturday. I asked if this was then final SR solution and they said they are testing several options. I think this is the best solution but it does tie up 1 side on the final ramp which might be a issue when super busy.

As you heard the building in Avengers Campus that has the Quinjet perched on top is getting a gift shop. Dave from Fresh Baked said he has heard from cast members that there has been activity backstage where the E ticket will go. I guess this an encouraging sign we could start to see them break ground on the Multiverse attraction next year? Them constructing this gift shop could also hint at plans for a revamp to Hollywoodland as well if the Avengers shop in stage 17 closes shortly after it opens.

Um, they need to start construction on the Avengers E-ticket now. I honestly believe the window to do that has already passed but if they want to generate any sort of interest after the dud of Avengers campus, they need to get started this year. Not next year. Idk why it’s taking them an eternity to build an Avengers ride.

Um, they need to start construction on the Avengers E-ticket now. I honestly believe the window to do that has already passed but if they want to generate any sort of interest after the dud of Avengers campus, they need to get started this year. Not next year. Idk why it’s taking them an eternity to build an Avengers ride.
Because it's Disney

Some sort of curse with Avengers rides apparently. How long was IOA rumored to get one behind Doom before being scrapped entirely? Now this…maybe too many actor contracts to deal with? Conflicting ideas on the “right” ride system? Whatever is the problem, it sucks because now both parks have completely missed the peak of the IP’s popularity.

Some sort of curse with Avengers rides apparently. How long was IOA rumored to get one behind Doom before being scrapped entirely? Now this…maybe too many actor contracts to deal with? Conflicting ideas on the “right” ride system? Whatever is the problem, it sucks because now both parks have completely missed the peak of the IP’s popularity.
I always assumed Disney would never allow Universal to build something like that

So Splash 2024
Some else 2025
Avengers 2026?
Avengers in 2026 would be a miracle considering there's no sign that the ride is going to be starting a build any time soon. They haven't even broke ground yet and you think Disney can build what's supposed to be an E-ticket attraction in three years or so when it took them 3.5 years to open RotR and it just took them 4.5 years to open Tron?

I honestly think they shouldn't focus on likeness at all. Just focus on making a quality ride with stylized, modern comic book looking animation similar to that from Into The Spiderverse or Puss In Boots: The Last Wish.

Last edited:
Avengers in 2026 would be a miracle considering there's no sign that the ride is going to be starting a build any time soon. They haven't even broke ground yet and you think Disney can build what's supposed to be an E-ticket attraction in took them 3.5 years to open RotR and it just took them 4.5 years to open Tron?
To be fair with anything that has WDW on board it seems to take longer

But your right they have no do anything yet so, we will see when it happens later I guess but you'd hope by 2028

This is getting frustrating. I don't think it would be a conflict with actors as they would probably film the live action portions alongside Kang Dynasty or Secret Wars when all of the major Avengers are together. And I think the new Peter Pan TDS SCOOP like ride vehicle is a great choice for an avengers type attraction. I think it has more to do with Disney resting on their laurels knowing they can be behind in adding new attractions to their parks and people will still come to them anyways. Or cash flow is not good enough to break ground. This makes me hope NBCU gets WBD and knowing Universal's track record they will build a DC land that will blow AC out of the water. And they will make sure it's complete from the start.

Not to get this too off topic, but it bears repeating since I've been seeing this talking point quite a bit lately. No one - and I mean no one - should want NBCUniversal to acquire Warner Bros., under any circumstances, especially for something as petty and inconsequential as wanting a competing theme park land.

This is getting frustrating. I don't think it would be a conflict with actors as they would probably film the live action portions alongside Kang Dynasty or Secret Wars when all of the major Avengers are together. And I think the new Peter Pan TDS SCOOP like ride vehicle is a great choice for an avengers type attraction. I think it has more to do with Disney resting on their laurels knowing they can be behind in adding new attractions to their parks and people will still come to them anyways. Or cash flow is not good enough to break ground. This makes me hope NBCU gets WBD and knowing Universal's track record they will build a DC land that will blow AC out of the water. And they will make sure it's complete from the start.
I think DLR really needs a new indoor coaster like Cosmic Rewind a bit more, but a SCOOP ride vehicle isn’t too bad either. Not only is it frustrating that it’s taking them literally years just to decide what they want to do, but in hindsight, they probably could’ve put a similar ride in WEB’s plot of land if they utilized the ride Transformers style. It’s like they built this on-the-cheap and quick with no long term plan or investment

Not to get this too off topic, but it bears repeating since I've been seeing this talking point quite a bit lately. No one - and I mean no one - should want NBCUniversal to acquire Warner Bros., under any circumstances, especially for something as petty and inconsequential as wanting a competing theme park land.
NBCU getting Warner Bros would mainly be about bulking up for the streaming wars. Peacock lacks the type of compelling IP that something like Disney+ has to hook people into buying a subscription. The theme parks are an added bonus.

I think DLR really needs a new indoor coaster like Cosmic Rewind a bit more, but a SCOOP ride vehicle isn’t too bad either. Not only is it frustrating that it’s taking them literally years just to decide what they want to do, but in hindsight, they probably could’ve put a similar ride in WEB’s plot of land if they utilized the ride Transformers style. It’s like they built this on-the-cheap and quick with no long term plan or investment
WEB's plot of land (AKA what used to be Tough to Be a Bug) is measly compared to IOA Spiderman, Transformers, or Ministry of Magic at EU. I Personally think if they went with a SCOOP like vehicle in that spot it would have been no where near as impressive as Universal's offerings I mentioned above. Though maybe Disney could have at least gave off the illusion or something large if they used some practical set pieces and the curved screen tech from the JW ride at USB. And yes, Web Slingers could have been done better in many aspects, like for example they should have been open ride vehicles and used the same type of screen techniques like the ones that are employed on SLOP at USH.