Blumhouse's Five Nights at Freddys | Page 2 | Inside Universal Forums

Blumhouse's Five Nights at Freddys

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Eh, they're five years too late. This is going to be Slender all over again.

I've been consistently willing to hear it out.

FNAF isn't as much of a dying brand as people are wanting to think it is. Is it as strong as when things began to move? No. But good marketing, a good script, and positive receptions can go a long way for an IP like this being adapted.

Odds are this is Universal. They still have the First Look deal with Blumhouse to 2024 (as far as I'm aware), and I can't see them passing up an IP like Five Nights. Even despite the somewhat faded popularity that it has compared to before-hand.

As someone who is a genuinely big FNAF fan, I can’t wait for the film. I just really hope they don’t mess it up. Those games have a very specific creepy atmosphere, especially the sound design and environments. The animatronics can certainly be creepy, but it’s the sound and environmental design that give those games that haunting creepiness.

I should mention I am a fan more so of the original Cawthon series not the newer ones. They’re fine but went to kid friendly for my taste. The older at least were far more adult and darker.

Also hope for a HHN house of course. Preferably by itself but they will undoubtedly lump it with another property for The Horrors of Blumhouse.

Especially if it's distributed by Universal

Pretty much, now granted it doesn't guarantee one bit that this will show up at HHN. After all a Chucky scare zone/house didn't show up this year and it almost felt like a given with the success of the tv series.

Nonetheless, if the film is distributed by Universal, there's absolutely no doubt it can finally join the speculation discussion once those threads have started.

Reactions: Darko
Fs_tUxlaEAAHmN0

October 27th, Theatrical and Peacock.

• Love
Reactions: Crypt Keeper
I have a gut feeling a FNF house is being talked about. They could put it in that blackbox space that the design of Villain Con enables.

It's a completely stupid move. This film had the potential to make some good bank at the box office.
Then again, who cares about Peacock? It's overall market share is meager at best compared to heavy weights like Netflix and D+. Maybe there is still hope to rack up decent dough at the box office.

Putting this on Peacock day-and-date feels very shortsighted to me. This is a movie that could still make quite a lot at the box office despite the franchise's somewhat waning popularity.

Them also having this read by this fall is also legitimately shocking to me. The Blumhouse postproduction cycle is typically much longer. Some editors/VFX folks are going to have some long nights.

It's a completely stupid move. This film had the potential to make some good bank at the box office.
I think this is actually multifaceted. On the outside, it may look like a lack of faith or Universal/Blumhouse leaving money on the table but there are things going on behind the scenes.

First and foremost, Blumhouse, Atomic Monster, and Universal still have the merger of the new company coming up. This film likely will be one of the first films released under the new company and with Universal being a major partner....this is probably a political discussion.

Secondly , the film rating . It's easy to say its ruining bank at the box office but if they are pushing it for a rated R film...100% go to peacock and have those underage watch it at home.

Its also coming out against a new SAW movie. SAW is proven film franchise... FNAF is a proven game but not film franchise.

Reactions: AlexanderMBush
Halloween Ends simultaneously released on (paid tiers) of Peacock and still managed to gross more than $100 million on a $33 million budget, so ... if they're able to grow Peacock at all with this strategy while also generating revenue at the box office, I get why they're doing this.

and quinn is right regarding the rating. though it really ruins the romance of sneaking into an r-rated movie as a 15 year old. do kids not do that any more?