Blumhouse's Five Nights at Freddys | Page 4 | Inside Universal Forums

Blumhouse's Five Nights at Freddys

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
It’ll probably be a house.

It probably won’t be a good one but will probably be a house. Universal has rarely succeeded with “big” costume scares… let alone houses.

Just make it a dining experience where the first course is in the 80s then a lighting effect makes it 30 years later. Then the animatronics come to life while you eat your $159 pizza.

FNAF has now become the highest grossing Blumhouse opening weekend of all time.
Who it basically earned all of its money back and then some on opening weekend! Crazy!

Yeah this is absolutely gonna be a house next year.

What's even more impressive is that it made all that money in spite of the Peacock release.

Saw FNAF at a theater today ... two blue thumbs up.

Worked both for people who know the games as well as a standalone movie (security guard actor was great).

The Cupcake was my favorite character haha, need its merch next year.

• Wow
Reactions: Lucky Planet
We watched it on Peacock.

The situation is simple. The people who want to see a movie in theaters are going to see it in theaters. The people who don’t care to watch it in theaters are going to watch it at home regardless of when it’s on streaming. So put it on both and consolidate the advertising budgets.
Yes, especially for horror films, a lot want the theater experience. But I think you are greatly overestimating how many people even know it’s on Peacock.

Well I read an article that stated day-and-date with Peacock would not make too much of an impact on box-office as they quoted Peacock having a total of 28 million subscribers. That wouldn't work for the other streamers who have a lot more potential for box office cannibalization. Even still, there was a percentage of Peacock subscribers who still went to the movies to see it.

Overall, really happy about its success. I saw it myself and, as someone who's never played the game, was pretty bored by it but overall liked the concept and it had its moments.

It's a 7/10 Film for me

I think if it was shorted and took out most of the day parts I'd enjoyed it more

In the sequel, I think the film should only be 70 mins. The fans were talking everywhere in my theater but then clapped at the end...so they liked it but many of these fans seem to have shorttttttt attention spans

As he says, yeah this could just be referring to the Blumhouse experience, but that would be weird considering the article was released on the 27th. Add that to the fact that it says they'll be brought to life, and correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't that usually the wording for when talking about a house?

As he says, yeah this could just be referring to the Blumhouse experience, but that would be weird considering the article was released on the 27th. Add that to the fact that it says they'll be brought to life, and correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't that usually the wording for when talking about a house?

Im a little confused by the Hollywood only part of that. West coast exclusive?

• Sad
Reactions: Ahmanet
Saw the film over the weekend and it's fine. Coming from someone who knew very little about the lore, I didn't feel lost. It's not bad, just don't feel the need to see it again. :lol:

I would not be surprised if FNAF shows up next year - but I think this is the same verbiage fluff they used in September where everyone started to assume this year's event was going to feature more Freddy.

I’m not sure if they have given up on escape rooms and would want to update anything at all yet. But I think this would be a perfect replacement for one of the experiences they have there. To me I think this would translate better as a more interactive “premium” hands on experience (like the games) rather than a house.

Saw the film over the weekend and it's fine. Coming from someone who knew very little about the lore, I didn't feel lost. It's not bad, just don't feel the need to see it again. :lol:

I would not be surprised if FNAF shows up next year - but I think this is the same verbiage fluff they used in September where everyone started to assume this year's event was going to feature more Freddy.

I would be shocked if it didn't. They're going to need a heavy hitter next year to give people some reason to attend ahead of Epic (since by the time the event starts, the GP will know about it). For obvious reasons, not much else will be available.

Really enjoyed this! It would have been so easy to turn this into a super schlocky, bad, jump scare-a-thon but it was executed really, really well with an intriguing story and some clear love for the source material. I actually like that it's not just 30 minutes of build up followed by 60 minutes of animatronic chasing. The killer cuddlers were also super well done and quite frightening by themselves. It was also surprisingly brutal for a clearly intended to be gateway-esque horror film.

Would love further film entries and I think an HHN spot would do gangbusters.

Got to see it last night. As a giant fan who has been following the games and lore since 2014, I loved it! There are so many easter eggs and fun callbacks, which had me giddy the entire time lol. Matthew Lillard was seriously menacing, with the Spring Bonnie suit on AND off. This movie has the perfect balance of creepiness and comedy, with a decent amount of emotional scenes, which I believe was the best way to go as a FNAF movie with just jumpscare after jumpscare wouldn't have been as enjoyable for me.

Overall, I loved it and can't wait for the sequel! If this doesn't show up, or even just the first game, at HHN, I'll be shocked.

While I'm not saying it's as good as the OG Halloween, Saw, Nightmare on Elm Street

I think this is the start of the next Horror Icon which will be done to death....and rebooted many times before I die.

I could be wrong but feels like this and Megan could movies that get fans who will watch the films and show the movies to their kids and then when its rebooted see said movies with kids