Universal's Epic Universe Wish List & Speculation | Page 479 | Inside Universal Forums

Universal's Epic Universe Wish List & Speculation

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Universal’s already created a reason to not skip out on any of the parks, Potter. If you want the best experience for the brand the parks are most associated with now, you’re gonna have to hit all 3.

That being said, of course they should still be looking at improvements to IoA and especially USF in the wake of Epic.

MiB opened the year after IOA. It is my hope that we get something like Zelda the year after Epic. That may be comparable. If it has been greenlit, and which version of it we get if so. But we shall see. We just don't know yet.
The difference is that Epic is being built in the aftermath of one of if not the industry’s darkest chapters.

The goal is Epic. That may not be what some of you want to hear but 2025 is solely earmarked for that. You don't want a flashy new E-Ticket to open in the current parks in the same year to take away any attention from the darling.

The difference is that Epic is being built in the aftermath of one of the industry’s darkest moments.
And? What's your point? They're full steam ahead with no issues ATM. I do think a lot of people kinda forget this point, though.

The goal is Epic. That may not be what some of you want to hear but 2025 is solely earmarked for that. You don't want a flashy new E-Ticket to open in the current parks in the same year to take away any attention from the darling.

And? What's your point? They're full steam ahead with no issues ATM. I do think a lot of people kinda forget this point, though.

I think he's agreeing that we can't expect these huge experiences after UC was paired down in 2020.

I was curious about whether MiB opening so soon after IoA was industry standard practice, so I took a look. EPCOT opened Norway and Maelstrom 10 months before MGM opened and the Wonders of Life Pavilion with its multiple attractions 6 months afterwards. When Animal Kingdom opened, MK opened Buzz Lightyear 6 months later and Pooh the following year, EPCOT opened Test Track less then a year after AK, and MGM debuted Rock N’ Roller Coaster 13 months after AK opened.

As for shows, Fantasmic! premiered at MGM 6 months after AK opened and Illuminations debuted just over a year before MGM.

That’s just a quick glance at rides opening within a year and a half of a new park. The lesson seems to be that, yes, you want new e-ticket entertainment and attractions to fill older parks when a new one opens… and that Disney used to build a whole lot more.

PS: Magic Kingdom didn’t open anything major within a year and a half of EPCOT, but two years earlier, right about where we are now in relation to EU, a little ride named Big Thunder Mountain premiered.

I was curious about whether MiB opening so soon after IoA was industry standard practice, so I took a look. EPCOT opened Norway and Maelstrom 10 months before MGM opened and the Wonders of Life Pavilion with its multiple attractions 6 months afterwards. When Animal Kingdom opened, MK opened Buzz Lightyear 6 months later and Pooh the following year, EPCOT opened Test Track less then a year after AK, and MGM debuted Rock N’ Roller Coaster 13 months after AK opened.

As for shows, Fantasmic! premiered at MGM 6 months after AK opened and Illuminations debuted just over a year before MGM.

That’s just a quick glance at rides opening within a year and a half of a new park. The lesson seems to be that, yes, you want new e-ticket entertainment and attractions to fill older parks when a new one opens… and that Disney used to build a whole lot more.

PS: Magic Kingdom didn’t open anything major within a year and a half of EPCOT, but two years earlier, right about where we are now in relation to EU, a little ride named Big Thunder Mountain premiered.
“So you’re saying there’s a chance.” Lol

Are you the real Slim Shady or more like the gnarled tree that Luke Skywalker went into to face his fears?

awbSGU1YrWx5ofEzsfbr-lDenymZXZQNcEHqOSs6Dg0.jpg

So you consider Buzz, Pooh, and Malestrom E-Tickets? Interesting.

• Haha
Reactions: richjagr
awbSGU1YrWx5ofEzsfbr-lDenymZXZQNcEHqOSs6Dg0.jpg

So you consider Buzz, Pooh, and Malestrom E-Tickets? Interesting.
Test Track, RnR, Norway as a whole, Wonders of Life as a whole, Illuminations, and Fantasmic? Those are E-tickets, and a noteworthy number of them in relation to this discussion. Nowhere did I state or imply every attraction listed was an E (though an overwhelming majority are), and Pooh and Buzz are not, though the latter is a very solid D. They are both actual rides, however. They are also both Magic Kingdom attractions, and MK’s cultural significance and consistent popularity means it doesn’t have to worry about a new park drawing away guests to the extent they are drawn away from an EPCOT, MGM, or AK… or Uni Studios or IoA.

Reactions: UniversalRBLX

I would not consider Test Track's opening as planned in the year it opened. I thought I recall multiple issues that delayed Test Track's opening (multiple years/multiple 'open by' dates). I thought it took over a year to iron it all out (I may be wrong as it is an old memory) but I really think that Test Track was meant to open far earlier than it actually did.

I would not consider Test Track's opening as planned in the year it opened. I thought I recall multiple issues that delayed Test Track's opening (multiple years/multiple 'open by' dates). I thought it took over a year to iron it all out (I may be wrong as it is an old memory) but I really think that Test Track was meant to open far earlier than it actually did.
Yep, Test Track opened almost 2 years late.

It's very difficult for large corporations to plan things accordingly, but Disney does a very good job at making it look like it was planned with great marketing. For Disneyland's 50th, Disney made it seem like WDW was celebrating at each park when realistically those attractions were already in the works. Epcot was bound to get Soarin's after its success at DCA, Everest in the works since the park opened and complaints about the lack of attractions at DAK, etc.

In MIB's case, USF hadn't received a major ride since BTTF opened in 1991?

Elfman also shared that these days, he’s splitting his time between creating quite different kinds of music — classical, rock and roll (evoking his past as founder of the new wave group Oingo Boingo) and “monster music” for a theme park in Orlando.

Status
Not open for further replies.