Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

The Future of Lost Continent (Poseidon Fury closing May 9)

I know my opinion is unpopular, but I really want Waterworld for this area - at least for the Sindbad end of the land.

It could be a good idea to expand Seuss Landing into some of the space to create Mt. Crumpit. If they created a permanent seasonal location for How the Grinch Stole Christmas, it opens up a ton of possibilities for repurposing the BMG Soundstage.
FWIW, Waterworld is actually rumored to be in the running for one of the expansion pads at Epic Universe. Though this could be a placeholder until another more popular IP comes along.

I know my opinion is unpopular, but I really want Waterworld for this area - at least for the Sindbad end of the land.

It could be a good idea to expand Seuss Landing into some of the space to create Mt. Crumpit. If they created a permanent seasonal location for How the Grinch Stole Christmas, it opens up a ton of possibilities for repurposing the BMG Soundstage.
Islands really needs a show, but I think Hollywood deserves to have its differences from Orlando.

Honestly, I'd be fully onboard with them splitting this land down the middle.

Using half of it to expand Seuss for Mt Crumpit and a full-service restaurant.

Using the other half for maybe a mini-land containing shopping and a show.

Don’t want to derail this too much but I wanted to share this and thought this would be cool for UO to do this sometime in the future. Don’t know what IP they could do with this but the reason I posted this here I’ll share shortly.

I had some crazy dream I was in an alternate universe IoA and Poseidon’s Fury was not the show that’s about to close but it turned out to be a VERY elaborate water coaster. The ride started off as a slow flume ride and then it launched from the flume into this big coliseum that was exposed to the outdoors. The arena was the roller coaster portion and then it launched up into the mountain back into a log flume. It was slow moving before it went into a dark tunnel before it would drop in pitch darkness and have another roller coaster portion in the dark. After that, the boats would slowly float back to the station.

I rode it a second time in my dream but for some reason, the ride ended right before the tunnel that dropped into pitch darkness and redesigned the ride to end right before that dark drop. I remember walking off the ride really mad telling my friends it wasn’t supposed to do that and the park was having cheap budget cuts.

That’s all. I had to get that out somewhere lol

Don’t want to derail this too much but I wanted to share this and thought this would be cool for UO to do this sometime in the future. Don’t know what IP they could do with this but the reason I posted this here I’ll share shortly.

I had some crazy dream I was in an alternate universe IoA and Poseidon’s Fury was not the show that’s about to close but it turned out to be a VERY elaborate water coaster. The ride started off as a slow flume ride and then it launched from the flume into this big coliseum that was exposed to the outdoors. The arena was the roller coaster portion and then it launched up into the mountain back into a log flume. It was slow moving before it went into a dark tunnel before it would drop in pitch darkness and have another roller coaster portion in the dark. After that, the boats would slowly float back to the station.

I rode it a second time in my dream but for some reason, the ride ended right before the tunnel that dropped into pitch darkness and redesigned the ride to end right before that dark drop. I remember walking off the ride really mad telling my friends it wasn’t supposed to do that and the park was having cheap budget cuts.

That’s all. I had to get that out somewhere lol
Ah, yes - the old “DarKastle into DarKoaster” trick. That’s the sixth time this month…!

I wonder how they could make a Grinch expansion work that has Whoville (the Grinch one, not the Horton one) be set outside of the Christmas season?

Goodbye old friend. IOA won't seem the same without you. :(
I Love You Smile GIF by Chippy the Dog