Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

2017 International Festival of the Arts at Epcot

My Disney vacation is booked for Feb 10th-13th, I'm glad this is going on, will definitely be spending a day at Epcot.

So wait, Flower and Garden is not good? I've been wanting to go for years.
I mean... it's basically evolved into Food & Wine with plants. And even worse musical talent.

If you are into gardening and stuff it's worth it with the demonstrations and stuff that they have, but it feels very half-assed.

I mean... it's basically evolved into Food & Wine with plants. And even worse musical talent.

If you are into gardening and stuff it's worth it with the demonstrations and stuff that they have, but it feels very half-assed.
The character topiary displays at F & G was always my favorite thing there, but I haven't been in a few years.

I forgot most people don't know the cheaper pass options exist because they are Florida resident only. I wish I could buy the weekday off season pass for less than half the normal pass price for all the parks.

Okay, completed my full review:

Epcot International Festival of the Arts – Review & Full Coverage – Orlando ParkStop

P1080879.jpg

P1080958-2.jpg

P1080983.jpg

festivalend.jpg

Considering this festival basically runs straight into F&G, I really wouldn't mind if they cut down on F&G days and extended this festival.

They have a real winner in this one.

You can now purchase prints for all the Figment scavenger hunt paintings. They've been added as selections in the "Art of Disney" self-serve kiosks at Epcot and Disney Springs. I am going to get the one from France for sure! I love how his reflection is waiving back!

P1090021b.jpg

My personal pick for best of the events. Not just the topiaries--tho those are fun, should be up 365--but little touches all over WS (e.g. the Shakespeare Garden and Tea Garden in UK). While not as many booths as F&W, the food offerings tend to be more interesting, and until last year at least were cheaper. As the artists of the 60s die off, the concerts are basically becoming the same Gen X/older Gen Y staples as F&W. And there just aren't the stupid crowds you get at F&W.

I disagree with some people on here, F&G is my favorite over F&W. I haven't been to FofA so I cannot comment on that.

EDIT: I forgot to say why (kinda like Trump.. saying stuff without any backup/evidence).. I love the topiaries they put out, and I'm also very into gardening. I'm an "urban grower" here in Ft. Lauderdale with many veggies planted, and also love growing orchids.

I disagree with some people on here, F&G is my favorite over F&W. I haven't been to FofA so I cannot comment on that.

EDIT: I forgot to say why (kinda like Trump.. saying stuff without any backup/evidence).. I love the topiaries they put out, and I'm also very into gardening. I'm an "urban grower" here in Ft. Lauderdale with many veggies planted, and also love growing orchids.
Same here. I'm into landscaping, and work my three plus acres most of the year. I really like what Epcot does with the garden festival. And I was disappointed with the Epcot food & wine festival. It wasn't anything better than the ethnic festivals we've had in the Pittsburgh area for the past 50 years. Just way more expensive.

We went this past Saturday. I really liked the idea of Festival of the Arts, but I think it needs a bit of work. There were a lot of talented artists and some fun things that you could do, but it felt like almost all of it was right up front with not much afterwards. The merchandise was a lacking too, but I guess if you count the art booths it makes up for it?

While there was some good food that looked really impressive, after eating at one two booths it just didn't seem worth it because it was hit and miss and small portions. The BLT and Cobb salad were great, but the charcuterie, mushroom risotto, scallop, and pork were all not good.

I eventually decided I just wanted to get a regular portion of food and drink, but I guess everyone else did too at that point... the lines for everything but the special food carts were insanely long. First time I have ever left Epcot starving. Maybe the festivals have changed a lot since the last one I went to a couple of years ago?

Went to one seminar. Was shown how to properly pot a plant. Walked out with a plant in a decent little ceramic pot.

By the time I got home I had a nice pot full of dirt and the remnants of a plant.

I still use the bag they gave me to hold all the stuff for groceries. So that's green...

Ok, that's a lie. I go through disposable plastic bags like they're free or something. But I have the bag under an end table and I keep cat toys in it. And that includes catnip, so that's green.

Went to one seminar. Was shown how to properly pot a plant. Walked out with a plant in a decent little ceramic pot.

By the time I got home I had a nice pot full of dirt and the remnants of a plant.

I still use the bag they gave me to hold all the stuff for groceries. So that's green...

Ok, that's a lie. I go through disposable plastic bags like they're free or something. But I have the bag under an end table and I keep cat toys in it. And that includes catnip, so that's green.
So you do have something in common with Teebin after all. You're both cat lovers....Me too. :)

Decided to go yesterday one last time before it went away. I really do like this festival. I like art, Figment, and weird foods though, so it was pretty much catered directly to me. Got to meet a few more artists in person, which is always fun, and tried a couple more dishes, plus had one last piece of the Almond Frangipane Cake I like so much before it's gone.

From what the cast members working the food booths told me, the festival was a huge success and will probably run every day next year, instead of weekends only. This is good news for me (although part of me longs for the days when Epcot didn't have festivals running non-stop all year, but oh well.)

Some final pics from this year's event:

Almond Frangipane Cake:
IMG_2135b.jpg

Port Wine-poached Pear, Vanilla Panna Cotta, and Pistachio Crumbs:
IMG_2100.jpg

Deconstructed Breakfast: Spiced Apple Tea Shake with Maple Syrup, Candied Bacon & Waffle Crisp:
IMG_2042.jpg

Updated my review with the new pics as well. Just 10 more days until the next festival begins at Epcot, and it looks like they're already getting ready already:

IMG_2079.jpg