2022 BGT Touring Plan? | Inside Universal Forums

2022 BGT Touring Plan?

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Skold

Platinum Member
Feb 17, 2016
Aight, I've read down this forum and there is a pretty good plan pre-IG. But...

I'm headed to BGT for June 2, after a week at UOR, and I have not been to Tampa in over 20 years.

I'm a rope-dropper, so what is a good plan?

IG, Cheeta Hunt, Cobra, Montu?

I'm looking for a good 4 - 5 ride rope drop plan, then we'll chill and do what's available, then hit the rest of the must do's at night. 10 AM - 10 PM apparently.

What is the best 4 -5 ride RD plan? Looking at you @shiekra38 :cheers:

Wow!

JovialThoseDotterel.webp

First couple of trains of the day on Gwazi, then over to Cheetah Hunt for a 5-10 min wait, then Cobra’s Curse which could still be 5 mins or less, then Montu, walk on most likely.

Then I like to walk through Edge of Africa, ride Falcon’s Fury & Scorpion, both without waits. Then walk right onto Kumba for its 11am opening time. After Kumba would be the time to get both water rides done if interested in them. After that, SheiKra then Tigris. I tend to find SheiKra initally builds up a a longer wait.

You can have pretty much the whole park done by lunchtime even on busy days if you approach it like this.

Reactions: shiekra38 and Skold
Aight, I've read down this forum and there is a pretty good plan pre-IG. But...

I'm headed to BGT for June 2, after a week at UOR, and I have not been to Tampa in over 20 years.

I'm a rope-dropper, so what is a good plan?

IG, Cheeta Hunt, Cobra, Montu?

I'm looking for a good 4 - 5 ride rope drop plan, then we'll chill and do what's available, then hit the rest of the must do's at night. 10 AM - 10 PM apparently.

What is the best 4 -5 ride RD plan? Looking at you @shiekra38 :cheers:
Not sure how I missed this, but Mako Mania's plan is pretty solid

IG, Cobra, and Cheetah all are notorious for long lines

Montu has a bump in the afternoon, but Kumba, ShieKra, and Montu are usually walk ons (i.e. less than 15 minutes)

If any of the B&M's are busy, literally come back in an hour or two and you'll be fine

But yeah, plan on IG, Cheetah first

Reactions: Skold
Appreciate it guys! UOR plans are going okay so far. But we’re doing a one-day BGT run before exploring Tampa. So, as we all know, these one day park visits are hit or miss.

T-minus 4 days!

This was a great plan but we had to call a few audibles. Writing it down in case anyone has the same questions months or years later. :bored:

@MakoMania and @shiekra38 are spot on.

We arrived for 10:00 RD @ 9:15. Car line, which opened up the gates @ 9:25. In IG line @ 9: 50 for "10:00 opening"; we were five groups back. IG is now delayed 10 or 20 minutes according to some nice TAs yelling this while walking the line. They open the queue at 10:10 and we were off by 10:35, having been on the first train of the day. CH was a posted 30 by this, we went on but it was 40. After that, Cobra was 35 and Montu 40, so we skipped but we were very familiar w/ Egypt now. Did the Sheikra, Tigris one-two in no time after that.

Took a (crappy) hotel break and came back and hit Cobra and Montu after, worked out awesome before the storm came in. Thanks again! We were able to use this plan as a baseline and correct for "circumstances" twice, and it all worked out!

Last edited:
Reactions: shiekra38