Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

2nd USH Gate?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I wonder if USH pulls the trigger & decides to do a 2nd gate if it would be a West Coast version of Fantasic Worlds, just with less acres and more compact.

It would undoubtedly be smaller but if UFW is supposedly more 'multi level' than any other theme park it shouldn't be a problem.

I'd say it's also likely they could put in some of the attractions we don't currently have but which are already in Florida.

It seems that Uni is thinking of adding their own little Fantastic Worlds.

I wonder if they'd call it Fantastic Worlds Hollywood or give it a unique name out here... I'd like to see a theme park, whether it's Disney or Universal to use the words "Realms" or "Domains" as a title for once instead of over-relying on "Adventure, Kingdom, Islands, Studios, Worlds" so much..

I wonder if they'd call it Fantastic Worlds Hollywood or give it a unique name out here... I'd like to see a theme park, whether it's Disney or Universal to use the words "Realms" or "Domains" as a title for once instead of over-relying on "Adventure, Kingdom, Islands, Studios, Worlds" so much..

Agreed. Fantastic Worlds name is kind of meh to me.

I think Uni would want a different name to distinguish it from the new park in FL.

Here would be my ideal new park:

-Legend of Zelda Land
-Classic Monsters Land
-Lord of the Rings
-New Harry Potter Land with Hogwarts Express connecting to USH

Here's an interesting concept idea. (This is literally all I do in my free time is dream up new ideas for USH because I have nothing better to do).

What if Universal were to remove the entire backside of CityWalk (this would mean Margaritaville, Buca, the Raiders store and whatever else is back there) and the attached Curious George parking structure. If they opted for this option, that would free up space just behind ET where they could build a much larger clone of the ET structure and any new tenants could be relocated. They could also build a 2nd structure and hotel facility in the Woody Woodpacker lot. That would more than justify the parking requirements for 2 parks and give the new park a much more natural open layout still reaching about 40 acres in the first phase.

Untitled-1.jpg

I took this survey as well, very interesting indeed.
I have no knowledge of this survey, since I'm on Orlando's email list, not Hollywood's. But it seems nearly every Orlando Universal confidential survey (and I won't mention content since they were confidential)I've taken since Comcast acquired them, signals intent and results in significant happenings in the resorts. If there's questions in the survey insinuating significant happenings, that is a good thing, and the chances of adoption are probably credible.

I had another chance to take a survey. This time I was able to get through the whole thing. I will keep most of the details a secret. The only thing I will say is that it gave me the impression that Universal Creative is still obsessed with screen based attractions.

Yes... it was confidential, so it wouldn't be cool to spill the beans about the boat ride based on the Lord of The Rings that will have drops and some screens to enhance practical sets... and I just totally made that up... (I'm kidding... those who took the survey know I'm kidding)

Agreed. Fantastic Worlds name is kind of meh to me.

I think Uni would want a different name to distinguish it from the new park in FL.

Here would be my ideal new park:

-Legend of Zelda Land
-Classic Monsters Land
-Lord of the Rings
-New Harry Potter Land with Hogwarts Express connecting to USH
I think they will connect lands with a warp pipe from Nintendo. Dream come true?

Yes... it was confidential, so it wouldn't be cool to spill the beans about the boat ride based on the Lord of The Rings that will have drops and some screens to enhance practical sets...

Dude you just made my day! Sounds like a fantastic ride!

I thought LOTR was still a no-go for parks...

I think they will connect lands with a warp pipe from Nintendo. Dream come true?
The significant factor for these concepts is whether the section of the park (Potter or Nintendo) allows for another "ride" to be built. This worked well at Orlando with Hogwarts Express since they had space in the IOA Hogsmede area, and constructed Diagon with the train in mind. Not sure if USH* has this for their Nintendo expansion plans and/or currently built HP sections?

(...While on the topic of warp tunnels, I would love a warp tunnel connection between Fantastic Worlds and the next Universal Orlando park which might or might not be built a decade or two in the future. :grin: )

Edit
Corrected USF to USH*

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.