Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

4th of July 2022 (UO)

Brian G.

Editor-in-Chief
Jan 21, 2008
Orlando, FL
Universal Parks announced their plans to celebrate the 4th of July at Universal Studios Hollywood and Universal Orlando.

Universal Parks announced their plans to celebrate the 4th of July at Universal Studios Hollywood and Universal Orlando.

I'm glad they're actually doing fireworks on the 4th...Years ago they had a very "will they or wont they" approach to 4th and NYE

I'm glad they're actually doing fireworks on the 4th...Years ago they had a very "will they or wont they" approach to 4th and NYE
This will be the first July 4th since the parks reopened from Covid with fireworks on either July 4th or NYE. They probably would've done them on NYE last year if it wasn't for Omicron hitting at the exact wrong time. I mean, they had just done a full HHN with literally no social distancing among guests or even mask mandates.

Does anyone know where the best viewing for the 4th fireworks will be? Will it be the lagoon or the stage?

This will be the first July 4th since the parks reopened from Covid with fireworks on either July 4th or NYE. They probably would've done them on NYE last year if it wasn't for Omicron hitting at the exact wrong time. I mean, they had just done a full HHN with literally no social distancing among guests or even mask mandates.
I was speaking more of the 2010's when you never knew if they were going to do a big show, just play the evening show, or do nothing at all

I usually look for the bright spot, but that 4th of July fireworks was the lamest I have ever seen. 3 minutes and it didn’t even have music.
They are too big of a park to pull that kind of stunt.
It would have been better not to have had any.

I usually look for the bright spot, but that 4th of July fireworks was the lamest I have ever seen. 3 minutes and it didn’t even have music.
They are too big of a park to pull that kind of stunt.
It would have been better not to have had any.

Where did you watch the fireworks? Because it had music…

Where did you watch the fireworks? Because it had music…
Along the lagoon (New York and San Francisco side). They just had regular park music playing.
When it was over people just stood there with their cameras still out waiting for more. We even heard guests asking park workers if that was it.

Along the lagoon (New York and San Francisco side). They just had regular park music playing.
When it was over people just stood there with their cameras still out waiting for more. We even heard guests asking park workers if that was it.
The music for the 4th of July display is only played from the Music Plaza stage

It was definitely the most confetti I had ever seen! But I will admit, it seemed like a bit of trick to tell people the fireworks could be seen from everywhere but the main show is happening in a certain area. I get the crowd control reason, but still a little deceptive.

Last edited:

Basically what he said below. They could’ve played the music lagoon side.

It was definitely the most confetti I had ever seen! But I will admit, it seemed like a bit of trick to tell people the fireworks could be seen from everywhere but the main show is happening in a certain area. I get the crowd control reason, but still a little deceptive.

Sometimes it's better not to put on a fireworks show, than to have one that's half a__- _ ed, due to local restrictions, and doesn't meet anyone's expectations.

Fireworks have definitely never been Universal's strength lol

Remember the days of the massive firework shows that they shot from the sound stages? Pumped the music into both parks.

I wonder why they just don’t do a tag at the end of cinematic celebration

Remember the days of the massive firework shows that they shot from the sound stages? Pumped the music into both parks.

I wonder why they just don’t do a tag at the end of cinematic celebration
I remember there being a time where the plot between MIB and Simpsons was used as well as the plot where Hogwarts is now

Obviously today there is an apartment complex near the MIB/Simp plot and a Hogwarts on the empty plot in IOA

As far as Cinematic, I suppose that could work, but they may be concerned about potential crowding of the area, it's not like MK and Epcot that can seemingly hold a parks worth of people in their viewing locations