5 Years: Your Favorite OU Memory | Page 2 | Inside Universal Forums

5 Years: Your Favorite OU Memory

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
I've only here for about a year, but I can honestly say that the Soundstage 44 demo and Transformers speculation was a very exciting time for me. You could leave the thread for a minute and come back to five more pages of Gotham vs. Marvel vs. Transformers vs. Monsters. :lol:

Ohhh this is tough, and I'm glad to see some of the stuff I've been apart of has been memorable for some of you. Makes me feel like I've done a good job for you guys. I would say most memorable on the boards was PotterWatch and finally getting in, and off the boards is getting in that damn helicopter!

Potterwatch and when I posted that quick rendering I did a while back (shh, it made me feel good about what I want to do :rolleyes:). I can honestly say that my addiction to theme parks became so much more acute when I joined here, and it's been great to know that I can share this love with everyone else. Here's to 5 more, and then onward! :cheers:

It's difficult to narrow it down to one because my experience here has been such a nice one that I've loved every minute of it. Learning all of these backstage things, and sharing these experiences with people who have the same love for the parks is always really nice. I remember learning about the bridge in IoA, and Teebin trying to find his music (and subsequently finding a lot of audio recordings :D). I can't really pick a favorite though. Guess I'll have to keep waiting for it. Here's to many more years here at OU :thumbs:

Potterwatch for sure. It's what got me on here and Phase 1 stuff gave me some of the fondest memories I know. WWoHP is probably my favorite place in the world, and a lot of that is because of this site. I mean, I've always loved Harry Potter with everything in me so it would be my favorite place regardless, but I wouldn't have those memories of following every little detail and having ridiculous things like Powerade bottles and what not happen, you know?

I think everybody on here is great and I'm so grateful to be on the same little corner of the internet with all of you guys, but I have to say that I'm especially happy to have met violarum (it feels so weird calling you that, Christ) because he kind of ended up connecting me to another circle of internet people who mean a lot to me and I had one of the best days w/ him when we met up at WWoHP. And he's just really great, honestly.

As far as specific moments--
- pissing off Universal with the extents we went to during phase 1
- resorting to helicopters when Universal started tightening up security
- powerade
- Teebin speaking in riddles, the Crane Chronicles, legit as Wednesday, etc.
- "I just died."
- that freaking courtyard
- just getting so excited with every update
- getting to see all the opening festivities together
- the entire transformers thing has been great, especially the hilarity of speculation at first
- being one of the main places for Universal Orlando-related things even before they started upping their game
- getting to see one of our favorite places up their game and make great strides in terms of quality and standards and knowing this is only the beginning
- figuring out phase II was definitely a go and knowing we'd get to do Potterwatch all over again

It's just great knowing that, no matter what, there's always a forum with great, genuine, and hilarious people to come back to at the end of the day.

Reactions: Felipe
I started following the forum in the middle of WWoHP I. Teebin created many of my favorite memories with his witty humor.

My all time favorite memory is when HateToFly asked me if I was interested in being an OU Correspondent.
Thank you HtF and BriMan.

I started following the forum in the middle of WWoHP I. Teebin created many of my favorite memories with his witty humor.

My all time favorite memory is when HateToFly asked me if I was interested in being an OU Correspondent.
Thank you HtF and BriMan.

No Bob, thank you!

I showed up thanks to DH's choppa pics on Phase 1, but this site has become a home away from home, and just being able to meet some of you and become good friends not only on here, but in person with some of you guys has been pretty awesome.

Favorite moment ever though was the cease and desist letter from UNI Legal when it came to Phase 1 leaks...meant this site was legit and truly a force to be reckoned with :thumbs:

I showed up thanks to DH's choppa pics on Phase 1, but this site has become a home away from home, and just being able to meet some of you and become good friends not only on here, but in person with some of you guys has been pretty awesome.

Favorite moment ever though was the cease and desist letter from UNI Legal when it came to Phase 1 leaks...meant this site was legit and truly a force to be reckoned with :thumbs:

And I assure you, we haven't even take the gloves off :lol:

My favorite memory? Honestly.....all of it. This site has been a beacon of light out of all the others. I would always come here when other sites either snort too much pixie dust or are too dour. This site is the most balanced. Orlando United is sane, and that is the best compliment anyone can bestow on a theme park discussion board.

We appreciate that!

Some other fond memories:

Copter Shots - I expected it to be popular, but not the craziness that came with it.
The Short-Lived Podcast - It was fun, and the guys and I had some great memories recording. There's a lot that was cut. :lol:
My first media event - It made me feel like OU was finally legitimate.

I've been a member here for about three years and part of the staff for about a year and a half and I have many memories. I remember Potter Watch, the copter shots, legit like Wednesday, Teebin's cranes and riddles, and seeing everyone's reactions to the WWOHP when it first opened. I have met a few members here in person. My favorite memory was when I joined the staff as a correspondent. It's great to contribute to such a great site. Again, huge thumbs up and thanks to the entire staff. Another fond memory that I have was very recent, the Transformers announcement. HTF, Bob, Frenzy, and I watched the announcement and that night's performance of CineSpec together. Looking forward to another great five years. :thumbs:

I joined on a whim back in 2009 to follow the construction progress of the Wizarding World of Harry Potter. Having mainly gone to Universal Orlando before I joined the site, I was ecstatic that Potter was merging with my favorite park. I began searching endlessly for a website to follow that documented the construction. I began as a member on the short-lived IOACentral, and eventually learned of Orlando United. Immediately, I was learning tons of things about theme parks in general. The members here were engaging in a way that I never expected and provided incredible insight, rumors, speculation, and not to mention the great photo updates. Soon enough, I got a feel for things, and started posting a more and more. If I remember correctly, my first major input was some graphics I had made that made sense of those shots of Hogwarts facade pieces. Potter was just an incredible project to follow until completion on OU. From the first piece of concept art, to Teebin's riddles, to the constant deliberation of what "should" be in the park (a full scale Hogwarts with literally every room? :lol:), to watching the opening ceremony video, to FINALLY walking under the arch and seeing Hogwarts over the tops of the Hogsmeade buildings for myself in person. Everything I read and wrote on OU gave me infinitely greater respect for what I was experiencing.

I short: I was a Potter fan when I first came to the site, but Orlando United in turn made me into a theme park fan.