Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

A Chance In Hell

Seems like lots of people are not excited for this scare zones because of the locations past.

Is there a reason scare zones are in the exact same locations year after year? I know there are only so many places they can go but there is still room to mix it up year to year. I don't get why the event is so predictable year to year in terms of locations.

Personally, I think this zone will be interesting if executed well. I like that there are more props this year. I just hope they aren't simply backdrops and will actually be used as something immersive for the scare actors to use.
Yeah the locations typically kind of dictate the flow and style of the scare zone. There really aren't that many other good options for different locations. The only one that comes to mind for me would be Simpsons, and with the theming in that area I think only Treehouse of Horror would make sense. It's much easier to take a generic city or park area and overlay a theme to it. This Chance zone does seem to be trying a different approach, I think this one could be interesting.

Seems like lots of people are not excited for this scare zones because of the locations past.

Is there a reason scare zones are in the exact same locations year after year? I know there are only so many places they can go but there is still room to mix it up year to year. I don't get why the event is so predictable year to year in terms of locations.

Personally, I think this zone will be interesting if executed well. I like that there are more props this year. I just hope they aren't simply backdrops and will actually be used as something immersive for the scare actors to use.
Well, in semi recent history they have used Shrek alley (now used for the Shrek house queue), the Animal Actors plaza (which was a poor spot) and the walkway leading to Springfield from Animal Actors (which wasn't much better.) Further back they used Amity (which was a great location for zones.)

Do you have any other ideas on where they could/should be using for zones?

Do you have any other ideas on where they could/should be using for zones?
It's probably also fair to point out that some of the zones really take over entire areas of the park not just short stretches of walkway like this Chance zone does. The other one that comes to mind for me is London. Assuming they were okay with converting the entrance to DA to whatever theme they came up with, they would have to deal with the bus somehow. I could see a lot of good uses of that space, although I don't see it happening.

It's probably also fair to point out that some of the zones really take over entire areas of the park not just short stretches of walkway like this Chance zone does. The other one that comes to mind for me is London. Assuming they were okay with converting the entrance to DA to whatever theme they came up with, they would have to deal with the bus somehow. I could see a lot of good uses of that space, although I don't see it happening.

I have to assume the purple, triple-decker bus means the area is considered part of the Potter contract, same hoops to jump through as Springfield. For a major house or show might be worth it, but a SZ that barely gets mentioned in the marketing? Probably not.

I have to assume the purple, triple-decker bus means the area is considered part of the Potter contract, same hoops to jump through as Springfield. For a major house or show might be worth it, but a SZ that barely gets mentioned in the marketing? Probably not.

The bus, the phone booth, Leaky sign, Grimauld Place (sp?), Kreacher...

where else would you put more zones? what places in the park would you think are good?

where else would you put more zones? what places in the park would you think are good?

Not exactly sure where. Maybe in the Transformers alley or along the water front by Transformers. Maybe in front of MIB. Have a true 'entrance' scarezone right at the gate. That was one thing I really liked when the event was at IOA. You immediately entered a scarezone and were thrust into the event from the moment you went through the turnstile.

It just seems to me the scare zones have invisible walls to them lately that always remain the same. Maybe if they just expand the areas would be enough to mix it up. Last few years have just seemed predictable in terms of locations is all I am saying.

Also, does anyone else find it odd that Chance's scarezone is not in front of her house?

Now the question is if the photo-op at the dinner (not confirmed from what I can see) will be "the" Chance or "a" Chance. Guess I find out after the first dinner.

Now the question is if the photo-op at the dinner (not confirmed from what I can see) will be "the" Chance or "a" Chance. Guess I find out after the first dinner.
If your looking for confirmation here is the ad from FB. There were other sources confirming it but I forgot which ones specifically.image.jpeg
As far as who will be playing the role, I would expect whoever is doing it in the scarezone will be doing it in the scareactor dining. Unless the real Chance has some other role in the event later in the evening.

If your looking for confirmation here is the ad from FB. There were other sources confirming it but I forgot which ones specifically.View attachment 3025
As far as who will be playing the role, I would expect whoever is doing it in the scarezone will be doing it in the scareactor dining. Unless the real Chance has some other role in the event later in the evening.

Pretty solid - Thank you

Hey, the first night (16th sept) we sat in A Chance in Hell for AGES watching this one scare actor, he was quite small and slim, with 2 tiny pigtails wearing a nightdress/robe. He was running up to people and scaring them by shouting "whoo" - such a simple yet effective scare and he was hilarious. We went nearly every night (up to the 25th) and never saw him again!

Anyone have any clue where's he's gone as we really loved him!