A Monster Calls | Inside Universal Forums

A Monster Calls

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
May 14, 2014
Seoul, Korea
The monster does not come walking often. This time it comes to Connor, and it asks for the one thing Connor cannot bring himself to do. Tell the truth. This is a very touching story about a boy who feels very damaged, guilty and mostly angry. He struggles at school with bullies, and pity looks from everyone, and at home with his mother's sickness. Will Connor overcome his problems? Will everything be okay? Will Connor be able to speak the truth?

Based on a children's book

So premiered a few days ago at Toronto Film Festival...Family friendly film despite the PG-13 rating however based on what literally everyone is saying, you will cry as I haven't talked to one person who seen it nor have any reviewers stated they didn't cry yet. So I guess we won't see this at any Universal Parks.

This film is being called The Iron Giant meets the ultimate tearjerker.

TIFF: Critics melt, weep for 'A Monster Calls'

That trailer looks so good. I hate crying in movies though.. I hope it's released in 3D so I can hide behind the glasses. :lol: