A Quiet Place (HHN 2024) | Inside Universal Forums

A Quiet Place (HHN 2024)

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Brian G.

Editor-in-Chief
Jan 21, 2008
Orlando, FL
Discuss!

If they hear you, they hunt you! A Quiet Place is coming to Halloween Horror Nights in Orlando & Hollywood!

Last edited:
Reactions: SeventyOne
So I am gonna say this before I talk about the house:

ASL Representation in a themed environment is a genuinely amazing thing to see, but to have it be for one of your headliner haunted houses where you will need to be trained and coordinated to make sure you consistently do it? That is what genuinely makes me on-board and happy with this.

The first two films are spectacular and are probably some of the best horror in the past decade on a GP level--can't wait to see what Murdy and the mechanical teams come up with on the Death Angels. Also really happy it is not just the first film--and hopefully that means we see the cold open from Part 2 as a major element.

Reactions: ghostsarejerks
Ima watch both films back to back just to hype me up. I’m glad this IP is coming. The jumpscares should be really good

I already said in the Orlando thread, but I'm excited HHN is trying something new and different with A Quiet Place. I think the movies are solid, high-concept creature features, and have a very unique atmosphere. There's a sense of dread missing from the event most of the time, and I feel reassured that the creative teams are trying to incorporate as much of those elements from the film (silent sound designs, actors signing in ASL). How successful will it be? Who knows...but also it'll be exciting to come into close contact with those monsters since they've only existed as digital creations in the films. More puppets and animatronics means a more diverse line up, which is always a cool thing IMO.

Also to note, this house is based on Part 1 AND 2.

Invasion Day (Day 1) makes a lot of sense when considering the promotional video. It's probably the main thing from Part 2 that makes sense; as it then allows you to transition to Part 1 with ease (makes me wonder what the facade could be).

I already said in the Orlando thread, but I'm excited HHN is trying something new and different with A Quiet Place. I think the movies are solid, high-concept creature features, and have a very unique atmosphere. There's a sense of dread missing from the event most of the time, and I feel reassured that the creative teams are trying to incorporate as much of those elements from the film (silent sound designs, actors signing in ASL). How successful will it be? Who knows...but also it'll be exciting to come into close contact with those monsters since they've only existed as digital creations in the films. More puppets and animatronics means a more diverse line up, which is always a cool thing IMO.

Mentioned this in the 33 thread too; but I highly agree. It feels ambitious in a way that feels ripe with potential for USH--especially if this is Mechanic's big project following Chucky: UKC. Really excited to see what they're capable of in this element.

__
Meanwhile--I am gonna continue the thing I have been doing this year in vectorizing the HHN logos! This will continue onward with Hollywood getting PNG logos for all shared and exclusive content, much like Orlando has already.

Quiet Place.png

I do not care for these films....but Houses can always be fun even if I don't love the IP

I really liked the exorcist house last year and had no interest in the film

Do we think this house is the one next to the Mummy Q?

I do not care for these films....but Houses can always be fun even if I don't love the IP

I really liked the exorcist house last year and had no interest in the film

Do we think this house is the one next to the Mummy Q?
I think the spec map has it in the former Walking Dead building, which would make sense they would put it in one of three soundstage-type indoor locations with lots of space.

I do not remotely care for the movies this is based on, but I will say the use of ASL is nice and I hope it leads to wider casting opportunities for people who actively use ASL in day to day life. I'm also curious what this is even gonna look like, since as I mentioned some months back, A Quiet Place was previously cited as a near impossible IP to adapt faithfully. Hopefully if its pulled off well we'll see maze design in hollywood pivot to allowing for more quiet atmospheric portions rather than kinda bombarding us with sound.

I don’t love these movies but I absolutely think material works well for the event and I think the TWD spot makes perfect sense as a location. Looking forward to this one.

But! We’re burying the lead a bit here. If this goes well and Paramount and USH can forge a fruitful partnership, the IP that would fall into our lap is extremely enticing. Could be a big step forward in that department.