What's new
Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Acid Assault

Brian G.

Editor-in-Chief
Jan 21, 2008
Orlando, FL
For decades now the city has been degrading from the effects of Acid Rain that still falls today, caused by factories which sprung up on the city’s edge during the 20th century. Those that have lived and survived the blistering decay are all alone in the city.

Discuss Here!

Not really, I forsee a lot of crashed vehicles, smoke, fire, and people with face melted make up on. Think Swamp Thing

I found some interesting stuff in NY today
jbkAgZKGvx6xJ3.jpg
The scaffolding in the Bus Stop area is holding 8 projectors that are pointed at the Metropolis Tribune & Macy's buildings. Does anyone know for sure what these are for? Because I'm hoping for those amazing building projections like the one at MK for Magic, Memories & You to give the effect that the building are all beat up.

Please please please prove me wrong but I'm afraid this is going to be a repeat of that crappy scarezone they did 2 years ago in NY. The artwork and story on the website were awesome then the actual scareactor costumes and scarezone were pathetic and really BORING. Hopefully Universal has learned from that mistake.

I have a feeling this is going to be more like Containment than Apocalypse buuuut saying one of those two streets is better than the other is like saying you'd rather a rhino sit on your chest opposed to an elephant. Acid Assault seems a low-budget filler street.

I've never enjoyed the scarezones they put in this area of NY because it's just too big and open, so you either see the scares coming or you never have a scareactor near you... Unless they build it out a lot more so you have to walk through a narrower path with more places for scareactors to jump out at you, I don't think it's going to be a good one.

So, a friend got to talk to one of the HHN creative guys today(sorry, don't have the name of the guy) and...

The projectors will cause New York to crumble and fall around you due to the acid rain. And at one point, building will COMPLETELY collapse, and seem to not be there anymore. At least that's what the guy said.

So, a friend got to talk to one of the HHN creative guys today(sorry, don't have the name of the guy) and...

The projectors will cause New York to crumble and fall around you due to the acid rain. And at one point, building will COMPLETELY collapse, and seem to not be there anymore. At least that's what the guy said.

Crumbling will be easy. But be gone completely? That'll be pretty impressive. Although I guess it will be pretty dark...:shrug:

Very intriguing rumor. It sounds like they have some interesting surprises in store for us this year.

That would be quite awesome!

I wonder if it's going to be the NY Library building? It looks quite "projectable"

Also looking at the pictures in today's construction update, this SZ is looking more and more interesting.... What's behind the huge wall?? :look: lol