Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Adventurers Guide to Halloween Horror Nights XXI

Did you find this guide helpful?

• Yes

Votes: 19 86.4%
  • No

Votes: 1 4.5%
  • I hate HHN

Votes: 2 9.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I'm not denying SS have very little lines at the end of the night, I agree because most people will go clockwise, so you expect the masses to be at the tents and the parade building in the later hours, but funnily last year when I went on opening night, I was able to walk on to Catacombs and Havoc at the end of the night :p

Last edited:
Well it's the end of the night so there are always a couple of wildcards but the vast majority of the time I can hit soundstages at about 11-11:30 and start knocking them out. When my house count starts to become more defined, you'll notice that I'll have higher soundstage counts than most of the others and it's not because I prefer the soundstages (albeit, sometimes I do), it's mainly because soundstages have shorter waits towards the end of the night.

I went last night (Thursday, 9/29) and we did a lot-Jaws, MIB, The Mummy, all houses, all scarezones (sans Nightmaze), and B&T. They let us in at opening time (6:30).

We went through 7 and Grown Evil to the Forsaken, In Between, Nevermore. Then the first B&T (7:30) , then MIB. Because of the cluster**** that is the Jaws queue house, we skipped S&S and Jaws and went to Bloodengutz. We went on the Mummy, through Acid Assault and Your Luck Has Run Out, then ate and chilled at the Monster Cafe for about 25 minutes.

We then proceeded and did Winter's Night, Nightingales, The Thing, Jaws, and Saus N Steam. Backtracking worked well for us. We also revisited Grown Evil and 7 at night after we went through Canyon of Lost Souls. The only reason we didn't go through Nightmaze is because we kind of forgot it was there and were focused on getting the houses done. We got out before 12, which was closing time.

We did all this WITHOUT an express pass.

I'm a big supporter of the EP. I get one every year, but this year there just wasn't extra money to do it. So I decided to test my luck [lawlz] on the first Thursday and see if we couldn't get it done. And we did. Now, would I go sans EP on a Friday or Saturday? Hell no. But I definitely think if you can go Thursday you should.

I also think this year was outstanding, better than last year. My only gripe is that we missed Nightmaze, but we had enough time to do it. We just kind of forgot it along the way.

The first couple of Fridays and Saturdays you can get it done without an express pass no problems.

Our little group last night got in right at opening time and started with soundstages. Winter's night first, then waited for nightengales to open, even though it had a small line. We walked right into Nightengales then right into Thing, 5 minute waits on all 3. We then hit Blood n gutz, 5 minutes, then saws n steam, 5 minutes. We then hit nevermore, 15 minutes, forsaken, 5 minutes, and in between, 20 minutes (really only 10 though). All houses were done by 8pm. We then hit a couple scare zones, saw Bill n Ted, death drums. Entire park was done by 10pm. We split up then and my friend and I did a few more houses, I left at 11pm. Could have easily done all houses 3 times. Granted it was the first thursday and it was a slower night. The key is to be at the front gates by 5:30pm. The let us through the metal detectors at 5:30pm. We were at the ticket turnstiles right in front. They opened the gates around 6pm where we went straight to Winters night. Whichever route you choose the key is to jump the crowd, get there early. If you wander in at 7pm good luck doing it all. Another issue with tent houses first is the lighting, even blood n gutz in the light was really bright inside and pretty much had zero scares.

Our little group last night got in right at opening time and started with soundstages. Winter's night first, then waited for nightengales to open, even though it had a small line. We walked right into Nightengales then right into Thing, 5 minute waits on all 3. We then hit Blood n gutz, 5 minutes, then saws n steam, 5 minutes. We then hit nevermore, 15 minutes, forsaken, 5 minutes, and in between, 20 minutes (really only 10 though). All houses were done by 8pm. We then hit a couple scare zones, saw Bill n Ted, death drums. Entire park was done by 10pm. We split up then and my friend and I did a few more houses, I left at 11pm. Could have easily done all houses 3 times. Granted it was the first thursday and it was a slower night. The key is to be at the front gates by 5:30pm. The let us through the metal detectors at 5:30pm. We were at the ticket turnstiles right in front. They opened the gates around 6pm where we went straight to Winters night. Whichever route you choose the key is to jump the crowd, get there early. If you wander in at 7pm good luck doing it all. Another issue with tent houses first is the lighting, even blood n gutz in the light was really bright inside and pretty much had zero scares.

Yep that was a very good way to go.
Friday was a little more difficult as I hit Rockit (twice) first and a little more crowded.

I followed the order of the Guide when I went last Friday. With the good strategy in mind, plus a combination of the light crowds since it's still early in the event, and the AP VIP, I was able to get everything done and at a very chill pace. I was originally worried because I was going with other people who wanted to do rides, but we were able to do all houses, all rides and some multiple times. We could have even done more if we weren't tired of walking around so much... Forsaken and In-Between were walk on, I had maybe a 5-minute wait for Nevermore. Then we did MIB, followed by a 2 minute wait on Saws N Steam. Onto Bloodengutz with another 2 to 5 minute wait! I was in shock of our luck! :lol: We had done 5 houses and a ride within the first hour! Then we rode Mummy and continued onto The Thing, Winter's Night and Nightingale's with no more than a 10-minute wait on each. I don't remember the specific order of the rest of the night, but we went on Simpsons, saw Bill & Ted, had dinner at Monster's Cafe, walked around the Scare Zones and saw Death Drums. Then we went back to do In-Between and Saws N Steam for a second time, rode Jaws, and finished the night with a second ride on Mummy and Rockit.

This was the most successful run I've ever had on a single event night! AND NO RAIN EITHER!! We were very lucky! ;D It was awesome! :D

I followed the order of the Guide when I went last Friday. With the good strategy in mind, plus a combination of the light crowds since it's still early in the event, and the AP VIP, I was able to get everything done and at a very chill pace. I was originally worried because I was going with other people who wanted to do rides, but we were able to do all houses, all rides and some multiple times. We could have even done more if we weren't tired of walking around so much... Forsaken and In-Between were walk on, I had maybe a 5-minute wait for Nevermore. Then we did MIB, followed by a 2 minute wait on Saws N Steam. Onto Bloodengutz with another 2 to 5 minute wait! I was in shock of our luck! :lol: We had done 5 houses and a ride within the first hour! Then we rode Mummy and continued onto The Thing, Winter's Night and Nightingale's with no more than a 10-minute wait on each. I don't remember the specific order of the rest of the night, but we went on Simpsons, saw Bill & Ted, had dinner at Monster's Cafe, walked around the Scare Zones and saw Death Drums. Then we went back to do In-Between and Saws N Steam for a second time, rode Jaws, and finished the night with a second ride on Mummy and Rockit.

This was the most successful run I've ever had on a single event night! AND NO RAIN EITHER!! We were very lucky! ;D It was awesome! :D

Glad it worked out for ya! :thumbs:

Just to back up the strength of this guide; when I went opening night (arriving at 6:15), we were delayed about an hour and a half due to rain, and still got everything done.

Oh yeah, and we weren't there at 5pm sharp for the AP VIP. I had to work that day, and even getting out a little early, we still got to the park around 5:45pm. The AP VIP is highly recommended, even if you get in after the 5pm start time.

Great strategy = great night! :thumbs:

Are there 2 holding areas for the Stay & Scream ticket? We have them for both a Thursday & Saturday. We have express passes for Saturday so not as concerned & plan to eat at Finnegan's like we did last year but I was thinking for Thursday, it would be nice to be closer to the front of the park. Is there an area there we can stay as well?

I was with Snowman Thursday sept 29th I was waiting at the end of Winters Night we gathered the group and did it in the order he said. We never rushed had a nice pass even had time for drinks and bathroom. The Tent House do need to be hit at Night but there where NO LINES up front except on Rockit. We walked on the Mummy at around 10:30. I will say we did Snow's plan and it worked fantastic he made us stand in line for Nightingales and it was the perfect move as the Thing Crowd was gone when we left the house.
Also if you are pressed for time SKIP Bill and Ted save that 30 minutes of your life. But a drink or a corndog instead.

Alright, so according to the Adventurer's Guide (thank you Tyler!), the plan of attack should be:

Forsaken
In-Between
Nevermore: The Madness of Poe
Saws and Steam
H.R. Bloodengutz
Soundstage Houses (The Thing, Nightingales, Winter's Night)

Is that right? I shouldn't try to hit Saws and Steam first due to capacity?