Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

An American Werewolf in London

I am down for that too, but I want them to pick MUCH OLDER houses next go round. Pre-2010 or even 2000's would be greatly appreciated. Please and thank you.
Can't agree more, I want them to bring back houses so old that they're brand new to most of us. That would seriously be a treat

New puppet:

COWUM_WUYAE2ZvR.jpg:large

So friggin mental I love it!!! Looks like a screenshot ripped from the movie. Apparently it's the original molds too. Watched the film last night for hype and it's still easily one of my favorites. I don't care if it's the same house it's still one if not the best house of all time. Bring it on

Those werewolves weren't there 2 years ago.

I know, but the new wolf puppets are not enough for me to justify going through this house with the lights on again as they keep on proudly claiming they haven't changed a single thing except the puppets and maybe some added scares.

It's odd how that despite being almost the same as 2 years ago, this house is not getting anywhere near the love it did originally. Even with first timers. Most people I talk to rank it towards the bottom of houses this year while the one in 2013 was a classic. I just think maybe the cast in the house isn't bringing the same energy that the 2013 one did.

It's odd how that despite being almost the same as 2 years ago, this house is not getting anywhere near the love it did originally. Even with first timers. Most people I talk to rank it towards the bottom of houses this year while the one in 2013 was a classic. I just think maybe the cast in the house isn't bringing the same energy that the 2013 one did.

I think another issue is that the line-up this year is a lot stronger than 23. More competition to face.

I think another issue is that the line-up this year is a lot stronger than 23. More competition to face.
Yeah but from the transformation scene all the way to the subway wolf is zero scares. All my times though I have gone without anyone else around me and I have stared at those doors in the tranformation scene thinking I was crazy that someone use to come out of it. But I think on HNN a former scareactor from the house mentiones all the differences and besides adding the new wolf it has negatively affected the house.

Also last friday I went though walk on with friends and was in the front of our group and the dude in the transforation scene was freaking sleeping or at least resting his eyes and had to kinda snap back into character. I know its late and I bet I was the first person though in 5 mins since there weren't any people walking in the queue at all when we got in line but damn.

I think the new puppets (while impressive) have effected the pacing. They seem to take longer to set up than the old ones and while menacing, they're surprisingly easy to miss. I still love it but it's just another case of if it ain't broke don't fix it

I think the new puppets (while impressive) have effected the pacing. They seem to take longer to set up than the old ones and while menacing, they're surprisingly easy to miss. I still love it but it's just another case of if it ain't broke don't fix it

What you're noticing is the lack of strobes and fog. Had a great conversation about this tonight, but while the wolves look more film accurate (and man, do they look great), they removed a lot of the fog and strobes that made them genuinely scary.

AWIL was great, first time through house. One run I was the first one going through and got some good scares.

Issue is that it's not the best IP house this year (Insidious) and it's not the craziest/best house this year (25th/Body). It's also a repeat, and people are taking it for granted right now. Still good to get in that house really quickly!

What you're noticing is the lack of strobes and fog. Had a great conversation about this tonight, but while the wolves look more film accurate (and man, do they look great), they removed a lot of the fog and strobes that made them genuinely scary.
I never realized that you are totally right!!! Strange how the simple things can effect the bigger picture

I wonder what the opinions of the general public are on those surveys at the end of the park.
Wonder what kind of feedback this house is getting, and how this will affect having other houses brought back like avp.

I guess we were truly lucky we lasted so many years without having a repeat like this.

I noticed last night that the big wolf in the moors scene doesn't really move around like it did in the 2013 house. Did that puppet in particular get changed to have no movement or did I just catch an actor being lazy?

I noticed last night that the big wolf in the moors scene doesn't really move around like it did in the 2013 house. Did that puppet in particular get changed to have no movement or did I just catch an actor being lazy?

It's just a full-sized model of the Werewolf. It doesn't have any points of articulation, unfortunately.