Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

An American Werewolf in London

Well he acted like he was in pain from transforming. This year, seemed like the guy was just suffering from a stomach ache. :lol:
Yeah, like I said, I knew what the point of the scene was, but the actors this year really just sort of didn't attempt to get into it or do much more than lay there.

I like to think of each house as a movie. AWIL '13 was great and everybody loved it, then, the sequel is released this year and it gets panned by critics and will never live up to its predecessor. How many horror sequels are as good as the original? ZERO*. So I think that in a weird movie analogy way, AWIL 15 being horrible was the best thing ever.
*Maybe Insidious 2 but that's what I've heard...

I like to think of each house as a movie. AWIL '13 was great and everybody loved it, then, the sequel is released this year and it gets panned by critics and will never live up to its predecessor. How many horror sequels are as good as the original? ZERO*. So I think that in a weird movie analogy way, AWIL 15 being horrible was the best thing ever.
*Maybe Insidious 2 but that's what I've heard...
Aliens depending on who you ask (I think the first is better).

What would you guys blame this flop on? The small, but diminishing changes they've made to the house? The casting choices for this house?

I'm just so interested in knowing how a house that was so well-received comes back almost completely the same and manages to to fail.

What would you guys blame this flop on? The small, but diminishing changes they've made to the house? The casting choices for this house?

I'm just so interested in knowing how a house that was so well-received comes back almost completely the same and manages to to fail.
In this case the cast. Sure, some things got removed, but that doesn't excuse the cast's lack of energy. Even TWD's cast was trying harder.

A mix of different things.

1. This year featured some really strong houses, whereas HHN 23 didn't.
2. Cast didn't seem as into it. I don't know if it was just because they couldn't top the original cast or didn't want to.
3. Too soon of a return.

2. Cast didn't seem as into it. I don't know if it was just because they couldn't top the original cast or didn't want to.
3. Too soon of a return.

There is one more,
Rooms were lacking actors. Some rooms had empty boo holes. I think I counted around 4 or 5 places where there were actors in 2013.
this time either the guys with the flashlights were standing in front of them, or the doors to the holes were closed. So not only was the energy of the house not as good, it was missing a lot of scares

3. Too soon of a return.
I doubt most of them even knew how the original cast performed the roles, so i'd say it's not that they didn't WANT to top HHN23. They just weren't as good.

There was less scareactors in the 2015 version, and the ones that were placed there were brand spanking new/not into it. I know of no one who had even returned to their roles.
Yup. I know multiple people who auditioned (first time), didn't get picked and then received an e-mail a bit later that they were interested in hiring them as a scareactor. They both got placed in AWiL.