Ant-Man and the Wasp: Quantumania | Page 9 | Inside Universal Forums

Ant-Man and the Wasp: Quantumania

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
I liked Kang a lot in Loki season 1. At the end of Loki 1, I liked him in the desk talking to Loki. I did like that version of Kang. He was bretty good

But, I already said it earlier here, but yeah. I really didn't care much for Kang in ant man 3. He was better in Loki. Kang in ant man 3 felt underused ironically, and his plot was kinda generic. I didn't feel the threat from him that the movie wanted me to feel. He wasn't scary like Thanos.
Even the 3 Kang in the end credits scenes felt more menacing. Those did feel more serious.
I just think the writing in ant man 3 was so awful.
You're never going to see two versions of Kang that act exactly alike. The character requires the actor portraying Kang to have an insane range and to be able to perform many, many different Kang variants who all have their own personalities. It's also sort of Kang's problem as a character. If he is able to be defeated but just keeps coming back as a new variant form, not only is he not coming across as a big threat since he's already been beaten, but there's no one single Kang that we are getting to know as the villain. It's seemingly infinite in number.

watched this on disney+ while on a flight and … Just really disappointing after a solid sequel in ant man and the wasp. you can see what they’re going for but the story is just undercooked and too fragmented to work.
Yup. This isn't really the biggest issue with the movie (more just the script as a whole and the direction it took), but like, how did they let their big bad for the saga get beat by a bunch of ants?

Reactions: Grabnar and Jake S
Yup. This isn't really the biggest issue with the movie (more just the script as a whole and the direction it took), but like, how did they let their big bad for the saga get beat by a bunch of ants?
It really lacks jeopardy. how scary can this guy be if this I’d how they beat him? I get that ant man is a palette cleanser in their universe, but inserting more drama/terror to better establish this guy is for real would have gone a long way.

Reactions: Nick
It really lacks jeopardy. how scary can this guy be if this I’d how they beat him? I get that ant man is a palette cleanser in their universe, but inserting more drama/terror to better establish this guy is for real would have gone a long way.

I kinda hated the inhabitants of that little world. The little aliens and stuff. They weren't very developed. I didn't care for their world. It was weird

I want a movie just about the ants tbh, would've been a better film

The film has so many issues that I think so many things would have to be changed to make it work

1) Kang should have been set up in phase 4 and this film you think will be like Infinity War where the hero's lose but they win....only for it to be a Kang that would have fought the council but it has to be set up, it can't just be a post credit knowledge
2) Cassie whole arc is about helping people, and could have been interesting to have Kang want her to help him and leading to hurting her family by doing what she thinks is right
3) Modok could be the same character but made him not a joke, make him powerful and driven by revenge
4) Bill Murry does not need to be in this film, love him but just a waste of time
5) this film need to have a heist of some sort, it's Antman and he really doesn't get to show how smart he is...just punches people
6) Luis not being in the film to recap End game.....what a missed opportunity

this film need to have a heist of some sort, it's Antman and he really doesn't get to show how smart he is...just punches people
Set it during Infinity War where our Ant-Man is heisting the Infinity Stones which splits that Universe into a Multiverse.

Last scene introduces Kang as he comes in and immediately kills Thanos to get the stone for himself which shows him as The Big Bad. With that Universe under the rule of the Council of Kangs he then hops into our Universe.

Would also be semi-comics accurate.
Kang-Kills-Thanos-Avengers-Mech-Strike.jpg

• Wow
Reactions: Lucky Planet
I don't understand why they can't write better stuff like both of your examples.
I honestly don't know. Phases 4-5 have many things that seem to have little love behind them

She Hulk literally every episode attacks half it's audience and was just mean spirited to many MCU characters and the MCU as a whole, Hawkeye show was not really about him but passing down what he learned to Kate (also the way they treat Kingpin...shows the writers in that show had ZERO love for that character)
MCU seems too focused on the future and cameo's that the stories leading up to the next big showdown seem to be there just because they need a film to come out and link to the events.

I know Spiderman No Way Home isn't perfect but at least the people behind it seemed to love all the characters shown...heck they improved Electro greatly

But I think the main issues for me are, wayyyy too much set up, no love for the hero's we like and pushing younger hero's on us because they are cheaper to pay, and honestly it seems like most projects have no love behind them just another product made

Reactions: Grabnar
DNSkfnjYXSN_yHDy8MMEF.jpg

One of the worst examples of CGI in the MCU.
Sure but Fix the CGI....and the character is still an issue

Which is why when many point to the MCU and say the CGI is bad, I'm like who cares if the story and characters were compelling we'd complain but End Game final fight area is....a joke its just a bad CGI wasteland but no one really cares because of the moments, lines and events happening

Reactions: Grabnar
I mean there's really no way to do MODOK in a serious-ish way like they were trying to do in this movie. The character is ridiculous from the jump. The Adult Animation show on Hulu is fun and fits the character. This doesn't.

Reactions: Nico