Ant-Man and the Wasp: Quantumania | Inside Universal Forums

Ant-Man and the Wasp: Quantumania

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Nov 23, 2013
Seattle, WA!
Deadline is reporting that Jonathan Majors (Lovecraft Country) is tapped to join the cast of Ant-Man 3..as Kang the Conqueror.

Payton Reed will be returning for the director's chair, alongside Paul Rudd and Evangeline Lilly. No release date has been given for the film however.

...and to fill my own piece in--Kang The Conqueror being potentially in the MCU could be..actually quite massive. In theory--it'd be the biggest method of backdoor piloting the Fantastic Four and Doctor Doom, into the MCU--in a way that'd make sense.

Last edited:
I really hope this film is better than Ant 2, to me Ant Man 2 is the worst MCU films since Thor 2 and at least even then Loki had some good scenes in Thor 2.

Ant Man 2 felt like bad filler from an Anime and really hope this film feels like its in the universe more and affects things.

Reactions: Lucky Planet
I really hope this film is better than Ant 2, to me Ant Man 2 is the worst MCU films since Thor 2 and at least even then Loki had some good scenes in Thor 2.

Ant Man 2 felt like bad filler from an Anime and really hope this film feels like its in the universe more and affects things.

While it may be contradictory to some--I actually prefer Ant-Man and Wasp over the original. Both are really good in their own manners, but as a story of showing the bond between the main 3 of the cast grow, alongside seeing how in Langs case; seeing the trickle down of Civil War come to form.

Is it low stakes? Yeah. But given what came before it--I was perfectly fine with it being a more, smaller slice that had things for future use.

__

In the terms of Ant-Man 3, part of me was honestly thinking Modok. Hulu's series be damned, that made sense to me given everything so-far..but then as Kang been spoken of now, it now makes a lot of sense due to the events of Endgame. And the element of Time Travel now kind of a weird, middle ground for the MCU.

While it may be contradictory to some--I actually prefer Ant-Man and Wasp over the original. Both are really good in their own manners, but as a story of showing the bond between the main 3 of the cast grow, alongside seeing how in Langs case; seeing the trickle down of Civil War come to form.

Is it low stakes? Yeah. But given what came before it--I was perfectly fine with it being a more, smaller slice that had things for future use.

__

In the terms of Ant-Man 3, part of me was honestly thinking Modok. Hulu's series be damned, that made sense to me given everything so-far..but then as Kang been spoken of now, it now makes a lot of sense due to the events of Endgame. And the element of Time Travel now kind of a weird, middle ground for the MCU.
I just didn't care for the villains or what was happening so hoping less of that and also less bland colors. The first film if you watch still has some colors/angles left by Edgar Wright the second film is soooo generic looking and filmed once again even Thor 2 to me beats it because at least that film was trying for something, didn't do it well but it tried to be something besides just another super hero film.

Its funny Antman lost Ultron as a villain and because Cap is out they are now passing Kane onto Antman....I don't think it will fit as well but hoping for the best.

Reactions: Lucky Planet
That tech is really great and think it will work better than Green screen for sure
It's great because the actors don't need to pretend as really. Everything is there for them and they can see what is actually happening around them instead of having to imagine it.

It's great because the actors don't need to pretend as really. Everything is there for them and they can see what is actually happening around them instead of having to imagine it.
Also the lightening.

Like love End Game but my god Wish they could have used this tech for the finale battle

Looks good. I realize it’s just a teaser, but I was hoping it looked a bit more epic than this lets on… maybe they’re saving a lot.

Probably won't be a popular reaction, but I think that looks kind of awful aside from Majors. And I'm a fan of the first two ANT-MAN movies.

Looks like it was shot almost entirely on the Volume. No convincing sense that these people are in any tangible, physical space.

For a first trailer, this is fine. I’m pretty excited for this film so hopefully it’s good, although I’ve heard it’s a bit high on the comedic side (although I like the type of comedy in Ant-Man rather than say, Thor 4, so we’ll see).

We got ourselves M.O.D.O.K.!

Without watching the trailer - MODOK has been rumored to be played by the terrible villain from Ant-Man 1, right?

Anyway, Kang looks so badass in this trailer. The Ant-Man movies have been relatively low grossing movies (compared to the rest of the MCU) so it'll be interesting how much money this film makes.

Reactions: Nico
When Kang stomps on Ant Man's face and cracks the helmet, man I'm excited. Marvel seems to be going for a more serious tone in this movie. Finally, cutting out all that comedic goofiness.

Reactions: Jerroddragon
Without watching the trailer - MODOK has been rumored to be played by the terrible villain from Ant-Man 1, right?

Anyway, Kang looks so badass in this trailer. The Ant-Man movies have been relatively low grossing movies (compared to the rest of the MCU) so it'll be interesting how much money this film makes.

That's Corey Stoll all right.

My guess is he'll play a similar role to Red Skull in Infinity War/Endgame to get closure on that character.