Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Aquatica's 5-Year Anniversary

Felipe

Premium Member
Sep 2, 2009
The Forbidden Forest
This Friday, March 1st, marks Aquatica Orlando's 5th birthday!

Apparently, last week there was a special, and a limited amount of tickets were offered to Florida residents for only $5 each, which sold out pretty quickly.

They've also been running a promo where FL residents may purchase 1-day tickets for only $24.99, through Feb 28 (I know, that's tomorrow :p Sorry, I myself found out about it just now). So if anyone wants to go tomorrow, that's a pretty good deal!

Additionally, the Orlando Sentinel reports that, this Friday, "As part of its celebration, the water park will raffle items, bring out the animal ambassadors, have a live DJ and share sweet treats at 2 p.m."

Happy Birthday, Aquatica! :thumbs:

I still haven't been, for fear of the park filling up and having plans ruined. There's no way I'd ever consider going on a $5 day, the place will be full in no time...maybe I'll go sometime soon to see how it is. Doesn't seem like it's been 5 years either....time flies I guess!

I still haven't been, for fear of the park filling up and having plans ruined. There's no way I'd ever consider going on a $5 day, the place will be full in no time...maybe I'll go sometime soon to see how it is. Doesn't seem like it's been 5 years either....time flies I guess!

The $5 tix were limited, and spread out over a few days, so I don't think it'd have a huge effect on attendance. We're also still in the colder-weather season, and most people aren't thinking about going to water parks; so you should be good, if crowds are your worry :thumbs: I went in early August last year or the year before, which should be a more popular time of the year than now, and it was great. I was able to do all the slides several times, and had plenty of time to spare, which was mostly spent in the awesome lazy river. I highly recommend Aquatica! You should definitely give it a try :thumbs: (I found it to be loads better than Wet n Wild)

The $5 tix were limited, and spread out over a few days, so I don't think it'd have a huge effect on attendance. We're also still in the colder-weather season, and most people aren't thinking about going to water parks; so you should be good, if crowds are your worry :thumbs: I went in early August last year or the year before, which should be a more popular time of the year than now, and it was great. I was able to do all the slides several times, and had plenty of time to spare, which was mostly spent in the awesome lazy river. I highly recommend Aquatica! You should definitely give it a try :thumbs: (I found it to be loads better than Wet n Wild)

I have never been, but my one nurse goes a lot and she said they have the best crowd control of any water park and even when it is jammed packed you don't feel it and can still do a lot.

I have never been, but my one nurse goes a lot and she said they have the best crowd control of any water park and even when it is jammed packed you don't feel it and can still do a lot.

I don't agree with that. On all but one of my visits there it was packed! I hate waiting almost an hour for a water slide. The only things I didn't have to wait for we're the wave pools and Roas Rapids. Heck each of the bowl slides always have 30-60 minute waits! (I have only once gone in the summer. All the other times were in march, April, September, or October!)

The really need to add another new attraction or two.

I don't agree with that. On all but one of my visits there it was packed! I hate waiting almost an hour for a water slide. The only things I didn't have to wait for we're the wave pools and Roas Rapids. Heck each of the bowl slides always have 30-60 minute waits! (I have only once gone in the summer. All the other times were in march, April, September, or October!)

The really need to add another new attraction or two.

Odd she goes there almost every Monday in the summertime and sometimes on the weekends too. Wonder why her experiences were different. Of course it was only this past year she went, so maybe they have gotten better. She said their lines have multiple slides so they move faster than wet n wild.

Ive been twice and both times we lucked out with low crowds. I also dotn go when its in the middle of the summer or during spring break, one of my trips was in October shortly after it opened and the other time was around this time 2 years ago.