Are Shows Universal? | Page 17 | Inside Universal Forums

Are Shows Universal?

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
I would fully expect USF Production group to simply start renting out the BMG space again for production. Would be surprised if something else goes in there in the short-term.
I would expect this too. Especially because USF Production Group is the one who was operating it and renting it out to BMG anyway. This is NOT park space as of right now and so the only type of "show" that could go in there would be if someone rented out the theater.

Maybe Universal P&R rents it from the Production Group in theory. But let's go over that. BMG had very, VERY little room in there and some of you guys are talking about a Broadway show? It would have to be an in the round show really. A show that doesn't need really any set piece changes, similar to what FOX did when they did Rent Live! out of a Sound Stage and in the round. That's really the only way it's feasible. But the most likely thing is as Jwhee said and that it just becomes a production space.

Here's a picture of the Rent Live set. I believe they did the whole thing from here and parts of the set was actually over guests heads (which I guess doesn't translate great to live theater not meant for TV), but my point is that an in the round show with a set that is static would work in this space. A large broadway type stage would not.
Loft-WideBlue.jpg

Reactions: natespf and Legacy
I've claimed a show is coming...I do not know what said show is yet. And that's the truth. This will not be a ride of any kind. It's a show. End of discussion. As soon as I know what said show is, I'll report it.

It will also not be a restaurant of any kind, a shop, a bowling alley or even a car museum.

To be fair Universal is willing to rent out just about anything for productions. So if they don't have immediate plans it could be a flex space until it is time for something else.

I would read the thread. There's a lot of discussion about it.

TLDR then? I’m not that interested in the subject that I would read all 17 pages to try to understand why little seem to like Uni shows.

EDIT: Rephrasing my question, why does Universal tend to get more misses than hits when it comes to their shows?

Last edited:
TLDR then? I’m not that interested in the subject that I would read all 17 pages to try to understand why little seem to like Uni shows.

EDIT: Rephrasing my question, why does Universal tend to get more misses than hits when it comes to their shows?

Respectfully, it's not our job to summarize the multiyear discussion for you. If anyone else is feeling inclined, by all means. Otherwise, if you're curious, I'd again encourage you to check out the conversation here.

It's funny cause Universal has six day shows and one night show at Studios

Only two of their theaters were shuttered (unless you count BMG)

As far as Universal "missing"

The shows that "missed" are now closed

I think this is a very far fetched assumption that most of their shows miss.

All of the hits I can think of:
-Terminator 2
-Bourne
-WaterWorld
-Poseidon
-Horror Make Up
-Disaster
-Beerlejuice
-Wild West
-Animal Actors
-Barney

and probably many more..

Some of the misses sure do stand out though.

I think this is a very far fetched assumption that most of their shows miss.

All of the hits I can think of:
-Terminator 2
-Bourne
-WaterWorld
-Poseidon
-Horror Make Up
-Disaster
-Beerlejuice
-Wild West
-Animal Actors
-Barney

and probably many more..

Some of the misses sure do stand out though.

Oh yeah I always think of Terminator 2:3D as a ride for some reason. Disaster technically IS a ride though, and I think the consensus is that both versions of Poseidon’s Fury were pretty mediocre.