Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Area15 Orlando (Opens 2024)

Is Orlando ready for the type of entertainment Area 15 offers? Orlando is a spot for families and Area 15 is for. . .well here is a statement from them:
Neither the Company nor any of its Web services are designed or intended to attract children under the age of 13.
Almost everything at the current Area 15 revolves around drinking and doing adult things, even Omega Mart has a bar. Let's not talk about the proposed location lol. I am looking at things from the things I have seen, done and felt at the current Area 15 and I cannot see much of that being allowed in such a family oriented orlando. Especially what went on at the burlesque show at distillery tour lol

Is Orlando ready for the type of entertainment Area 15 offers? Orlando is a spot for families and Area 15 is for. . .well here is a statement from them:

Almost everything at the current Area 15 revolves around drinking and doing adult things, even Omega Mart has a bar. Let's not talk about the proposed location lol. I am looking at things from the things I have seen, done and felt at the current Area 15 and I cannot see much of that being allowed in such a family oriented orlando. Especially what went on at the burlesque show at distillery tour lol

You are aware the largest convention center in the U.S. sits no more than 2 miles from this place, right?

"Restaurant Row," just up the road from this, has at least two dozen restaurants that don't cater to the under-13 crowd. I-Drive has massive Howl at the Moon and Senor Frogs outlets. Historically, 8-Traxx in Pleasure Island was the highest crossing bar per square foot in the country. Any given night, there are as many adult tourists looking for a night out in Mouse Town as any city in America.

I imagine the offerings will be adjusted slight for Orlando.

You bring up Burlesque Dancers as if the Disney crowd can't even handle it. The Edison had them since opening and only went away when they closed for COVID. I'm uncertain what is going on now, but the Disney Springs website touts Burlesque Dancers.

Drawing the line at 13 years sounds COPPA-driven. Not that LV’s Area 15 is made for kids, but that sounds like what their lawyers told them to write.

I imagine the offerings will be adjusted slight for Orlando.
That'd be my guess too; Area15 is in Vegas and there's a certain expectation there.

Meow Wolf: House of Eternal Return has a small bar too, but it's definitely not the main attraction, it's more of like how they serve drinks at a bowling alley.

There's a cool giant junk robot holding an "Area 15" flag on the site (along the Eastbound lanes of I-4). I want to get a picture but I was driving on I-4... :skull:

If I get a chance I may try to find a way to get a shot on the side road.

Lots of talk about the Area15 Vegas/HHN expansion and next to nothing about this. Dying for even a shred of information here. The timeline they provided in 2022 seems way off at this point and we still have no announced tenants or details of any sorts.

F0hL3sEXoAICpN6

I wonder if this was in the works prior to the HHN Vegas idea and maybe they're waiting to see if it's a concept that could work in Orlando?

Also wouldn't be surprised if it's just a shortage in construction resources as Orlando is in a construction boom right now with EU, I4, new apartments, etc.

Also wouldn't be surprised if it's just a shortage in construction resources as Orlando is in a construction boom right now with EU, I4, new apartments, etc.
Just up that street Pinstripes (looks like a Splitsville rip-off) says opening "Fall 2023"--it has no walls up. The apartments across the street say "Summer 2023"--they're just framework. So this makes a fair amount of sense.

Or the area could be in a state of flux. Walk-Ons came in with big plans, now it's gone. The complete redevelopment of Pointe Orlando is supposed to open next year I think, but nothing has been touched on the second floor. Baby Target steaming ahead but the more tourist-dependent shops may be gun-shy.

There is a massive construction worker shortage in Florida. It is delaying projects and causing a spike in construction costs.

It's a perfect storm. Florida is the fastest growing state in the US requiring lots of housing construction combined with a massive increase in construction projects because of last year's hurricane damage, compounded by a new state immigration law.

Lots of talk about the Area15 Vegas/HHN expansion and next to nothing about this. Dying for even a shred of information here. The timeline they provided in 2022 seems way off at this point and we still have no announced tenants or details of any sorts.

F0hL3sEXoAICpN6
Nearly half a year later and still no movement or further news. Driving past that robot statue has turned into a bummer at this point lmao.

download.jpg