Attendance Tracker | Page 12 | Inside Universal Forums

Attendance Tracker

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
As Izzy said, the hotter than normal tropical temperatures may well be keeping the locals away from the theme parks (not water parks though). Probably not the major reason, but possibly a contributing factor...It will be telling if Universal lifts the IOA AP power pass black out early.

As Izzy said, the hotter than normal tropical temperatures may well be keeping the locals away from the theme parks (not water parks though). Probably not the major reason, but possibly a contributing factor...It will be telling if Universal lifts the IOA AP power pass black out early.

I agree, it is not the only factor. Which is why I said it is the perfect bad storm for Disney. Well actually all of central Florida. As the election year and the Brazil economy effects everyone. I just think it is effecting Disney a little more than others because people are getting frustrated with Disney for various reasons.

Oh and can someone please lower the temperatures? I am really getting sick of 97 to 99 degree weather.

Reactions: SeventyOne
Thing about the water parks: used to hit capacity on Summer days before restrictions on Brazilian tourists were lifted. If they are slow, this isn't just Brazil, even if I suspect that is still the biggest piece to this puzzle.

Reactions: Parkscope Joe
I agree, it is not the only factor. Which is why I said it is the perfect bad storm for Disney. Well actually all of central Florida. As the election year and the Brazil economy effects everyone. I just think it is effecting Disney a little more than others because people are getting frustrated with Disney for various reasons.

Oh and can someone please lower the temperatures? I am really getting sick of 97 to 99 degree weather.
Yeah, that's a tough temperature, especially with humidity. A few years ago we were at Busch Gardens Williamsburg in August, and the temperatures were at that level every day. It was absolutely miserable and nearly impossible to spend more than a couple of hours at the park, Williamsburg, or Jamestown during the day. Even the hotel pool water was too hot, and the water park was also miserable. We ended up spending most of the vacation in our hotel suite, bars or restaurants. I vowed never to travel south of the Mason Dixon line in August after that very horrible vacation. I would think a lot of locals are staying away from the parks because of the above normal heat. I've always thought 92 & 93 degrees with humidity is bearable. But once it hits 97, 98 & 99 with high humidity, it's a whole new ballgame.

Yeah, that's a tough temperature, especially with humidity. A few years ago we were at Busch Gardens Williamsburg in August, and the temperatures were at that level every day. It was absolutely miserable and nearly impossible to spend more than a couple of hours at the park, Williamsburg, or Jamestown during the day. Even the hotel pool water was too hot, and the water park was also miserable. We ended up spending most of the vacation in our hotel suite, bars or restaurants. I vowed never to travel south of the Mason Dixon line in August after that very horrible vacation. I would think a lot of locals are staying away from the parks because of the above normal heat. I've always thought 92 & 93 degrees with humidity is bearable. But once it hits 97, 98 & 99 with high humidity, it's a whole new ballgame.

It has been like this for about a week now and the 15 day forecast shows no relief in site. This is not normal Central Florida summer temps. It is normally high 80s/Low 90s with high humidity. The afternoon rains normally keep the temps down along with the cross winds. I have no clue what is causing these high temps, but I don't like it :angry:

Reactions: SeventyOne
It has been like this for about a week now and the 15 day forecast shows no relief in site. This is not normal Central Florida summer temps. It is normally high 80s/Low 90s with high humidity. The afternoon rains normally keep the temps down along with the cross winds. I have no clue what is causing these high temps, but I don't like it :angry:
Perhaps that's having a larger effect than we're anticipating.

I just checked (12:45 PM) the WDW & Universal line times. All the WDW & Universal parks lines are longer than on any day last week. Monday seems fairly busy at this point in time.

I just checked (12:45 PM) the WDW & Universal line times. All the WDW & Universal parks lines are longer than on any day last week. Monday seems fairly busy at this point in time.

I have been told Monday is the most crowded day for Magic Kingdom and that you should always do any park other than MK on a Monday. Interesting that they all seem more crowded. Maybe people avoided July 4th trying to avoid the crowds?

Looking at Universal on site hotel rooms for Oct. , it looks like most categories of rooms are booked up, or close to. And that's with an extra 1000 rooms onsite (Sapphire). Things may well end up back to normal for Universal once HHN starts.

Reactions: IzzyB
Looking at Universal on site hotel rooms for Oct. , it looks like most categories of rooms are booked up, or close to. And that's with an extra 1000 rooms onsite (Sapphire). Things may well end up back to normal for Universal once HHN starts.
October...otherwise known as "New summer"

Reactions: Mad Dog