Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Attendance Tracker

Pick a few days and don't set your alarm, wake up when you wake up...It will change your life haha
Haha this is true I can’t wait for it! After a weekend at Disney going to park opening and likely going to Hogsmeade at opening a day or two, it’s gonna be nice sleeping in one day haha. We’re already planning our first day or two to sleep and relax and do most of the non potter stuff. I honestly cannot wait and I was just there for a weekend last month

Haha this is true I can’t wait for it! After a weekend at Disney going to park opening and likely going to Hogsmeade at opening a day or two, it’s gonna be nice sleeping in one day haha. We’re already planning our first day or two to sleep and relax and do most of the non potter stuff. I honestly cannot wait and I was just there for a weekend last month
I rarely ever use the extra early hour opening at Universal. Generally there's no need to. Sleep in and relax.

I rarely ever use the extra early hour opening at Universal. Generally there's no need to. Sleep in and relax.
That’s fair, we did this last trip cause we only had 3 days in the parks, but more like 2 1/2. Wait times weren’t terrible but didn’t have express. Adding in Volcano Bay for the first time as well, which will likely take a day or 2 away from the park. We’re big repeat riders anyways. Also, gonna try lots of new dining. I’m so excited but also saving $ big time

So, just bought passes for My upcoming Disney trip. Prices have definitely gotten out of hand as we have opted for a 2 day versus 3 day since we can’t justify the value. Not good....

So, just bought passes for My upcoming Disney trip. Prices have definitely gotten out of hand as we have opted for a 2 day versus 3 day since we can’t justify the value. Not good....
Yes. Disney has raised the prices so much for 2020 (not counting the previous few years), that even if you can get one of those 25% room discounts, which are a 'very limited' number and type of room, you'll still be paying 2019 hotel room rack rates. Universal has kept their increases to a minimum for their non deluxe hotels.

Yes. Disney has raised the prices so much for 2020 (not counting the previous few years), that even if you can get one of those 25% room discounts, which are a 'very limited' number and type of room, you'll still be paying 2019 hotel room rack rates. Universal has kept their increases to a minimum for their non deluxe hotels.
Prices are that high of an increase?! What are they thinking?

What is the difference between parks and TP? What is TP?
The TP is the total of the three quarterly reports (9 months) in 2019. Comcast's report specifically mentions the Japan park's rebound in attendance (after a 2018 decline due to the Typhoon that hit the Osaka area) for an increase in attendance.....So, I would assume that the bulk of the increase came from better 2019 Osaka numbers compared to the revenue & attendance drop in Osaka during last year's third quarter.

Disney's 4th quarter report cites a revenue increase for the parks division due to ticket price increases,increases in Merchandise Licensing and other price increases, and increased spending on food, beverage & merchandise, and an increase in Vacation Club revenues. Disney cited an attendance gain for Paris....but attendance losses for Disneyland, Shanghai & Hong Kong. They said WDW was about the same as last year on revenue. They specifically stated the hurricane affected revenues at WDW. And they said GESWL costs affected revenues for both Disneyland & WDW.....Their 'overall' results of all Disney divisions beat investor expectations and the stock is up in after hours trading.

Last edited:
SWE attendance down in the third quarter YoY. :(

Hopefully it's at least in part because people are waiting for the big additions next year (IB and IG).

Problem is the 2018 third quarter was down 10% from the 2017 third quarter. So add in this year's (2019) drop in attendance, things aren't looking rosy. And then they hire a lackluster new CEO.

Funny about the third quarter. The other quarters they had been doing quite decently.

Regardless, they need to hammer away at what they offer--world-class roller coasters!

Funny about the third quarter. The other quarters they had been doing quite decently.

Regardless, they need to hammer away at what they offer--world-class roller coasters!
Yes, you're right about the coasters. They also need to bring the live entertainment back to BGW. That park hasn't been the same since they cut most of it. BGW used to have a strong adult customer base due to it's proximity to Williamsburg/Jamestown/Yorktown....and.... The problem with doing bad in the third quarter is that July/August are probably their strongest attendance months, and a couple of their parks aren't open year round.