Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Avengers Campus (DCA)

Yeah nah, I don't see them wasting the potential on that. Since the Spider-Man video game launched. I've literally seen more Spider-Man merch being worn than Star Wars merch this week in the parks.
Yeah, but that’s because Insomniac created a great game utilizing Marvel’s premier character.

It’s just as possible that WDI drops the ball with the same character. The character means nothing if you don’t execute.

HOWEVER, I can see a Spidey flat as well as a E-ticket Spidey ride a few years later (creating a bit of a mini-land).

WDWMagic is saying that there will be no new rides when Marvel opens in 2020. There will not be any new E-ticket until '21 or '22 at the earliest.
The current incarnation of Marvel land has always been described to me as the adult version of Toontown. Meet and greets and shops, possible dining location.

That's depressing..and hilarious.

WDWMagic is saying that there will be no new rides when Marvel opens in 2020. There will not be any new E-ticket until '21 or '22 at the earliest.

This is the first time I'll say that I'm okay with Disney delaying an opening. Why would you open a whole new land and then have nothing new open? Sure GotG will be open, but from a business perspective, this can go very wrong. When a new land opens guest expect rides with them, so when they see a "(Insert Ride Name Here) will be opening next year" sign, there will be heavy backlash.

Isn't Marvel suposed to counter balance Galaxys Edge so that the crowds don't only go to Disneyland? If thats the aim, meet and greets are not foing to cut it.
What happened to the rumoured Captain America Coaster?

Disney really needs someone to come in and look at their budgets and timelines. They should be able to do a lot more with the cash they splash around!

Well, they don't have to worry about much competition from USH. With Cars Land, Star Wars, and the eventual Tomorrowland overhaul, DLR is no slouch.
Disney really needs someone to come in and look at their budgets and timelines. They should be able to do a lot more with the cash they splash around!
To be fair, WDI budgets and UC budgets aren't really comparable because UC gets a lot of free design work done by their vendors. Almost always, WDI designs everything to a tee, then sends out bids to be picked up by BVCC or outside vendors. Often, UC gives some guidance and has vendors do most of the design during the bidding process. Therefore, UC can get things done much cheaper, but WDI has 100% absolute control that UC doesn't really have. Naturally, there's other downsides to the UC model too in terms of QA, but that's the way they do things.