Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Avengers Campus (DCA)

Can't believe my Churro stand phase 2 idea was better than the actual planned phase 1!

What I find odd here is they are using Spidey in this way. I'd have thought they would want to make the Amazing Adventures of Spiderman at IOA look old, but based on the sounds of this they are happy to play second fiddle to a ride which will be 20 years old when Disney open their version.
I don't think Disney has to worry about the majority of their guests comparing it to IoA's Spidey when 98% of those people don't even know that ride exists. But I think it will be t least slightly better than TSMM.

So do we think the Avengers ride will be different to the one planned for Hong Kong and eventually Paris? Because the Paris version will sit right next to an Iron Man rollercoaster so I'm not so certain it will be a coaster.
I think it will be more similar to the Guardians coaster.

Sorry, I meant firing "up" the DISH.

DISH stands for Digital Immersive Showroom. It's a room/system at Imagineering in Glendale and their office in WDW at Epcot to ride through attractions, experience a land virtually, and examine any sightline problems, among other things. Here's a video of a ride through in the room of the Incredicoaster and walk-through of TSL.

That’s awesome. I’ve seen it before but never like this. That was a great watch.

So do we think the Avengers ride will be different to the one planned for Hong Kong and eventually Paris? Because the Paris version will sit right next to an Iron Man rollercoaster so I'm not so certain it will be a coaster.
Yeah, I’ve actually never heard of the Avengers ride being a coaster. I’ve heard Simulator similar to Battle Escape.

The Spider-Man shooter is hysterical. A clone of an attraction that sits just down the path, thank you Disney, very cool!

Also I've also heard the Avengers attraction is a coaster, but not in Hong Kong or Paris. Take that for what you will.
Mmm...no.

Spiderman is a shooter. Nothing like TSMM though. Think projection mapping onto sets.

The Avengers attraction is a coaster at all 3 parks, but Paris will be an overhaul of RnRC, the other two are getting a totally different ride. The Hong Kong and DCA version should be quite special.

Just 75% lame, not 100%.
If shooters aren't your thing. Spiderman is a D-ticket. Avengers is an E. Not everything should/can be a headlining E-ticket. I know a lot of people wanted to see a direct Spiderman competitor to IOA's attraction, but not everything is a competition, and why would Disney build a Spiderman E instead of an Avengers E? It doesn't make any sense.

Spiderman should be a darn good shooter though.

Why does that park need another shooter, though? There's already a perfectly fine one there. I think that's where some of the underwhelmed reactions are coming from.

If shooters aren't your thing. Spiderman is a D-ticket. Avengers is an E. Not everything should/can be a headlining E-ticket. I know a lot of people wanted to see a direct Spiderman competitor to IOA's attraction, but not everything is a competition, and why would Disney build a Spiderman E instead of an Avengers E? It doesn't make any sense.

Spiderman should be a darn good shooter though.

I understand that not everything has to be an E ticket but these are two of the hottest IPs in the world right now. It demands it.

Mmm...no.

Spiderman is a shooter. Nothing like TSMM though. Think projection mapping onto sets.

The Avengers attraction is a coaster at all 3 parks, but Paris will be an overhaul of RnRC, the other two are getting a totally different ride. The Hong Kong and DCA version should be quite special.

That sounds better than I thought actually.

Paris RNRC is not what I was talking about - we already know that is a coaster being converted to an Iron Man theme, but Paris are eventually supposed to get the same Avengers E ticket next door replacing Lights Action Motors...

The rumors I have always heard for Hong Kong are Kuka Arm based - I guess that can be on a coaster track though which might be where the crossover is.

Mmm...no.

Uh RnRC overhaul is Iron Man, not Avengers. The other attraction is another phase 2 attraction.