Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Avengers Campus (DCA)

Here's something that nobody is thinking about:

If the Spider-Man ride truly is a shooter, and TSMM is in the same park, does that mean TSMM's days are numbered?

I'd say no.

If you can have more than one omnimover ride in the same park you can surely have more than one shooter.

Here's something that nobody is thinking about:

If the Spider-Man ride truly is a shooter, and TSMM is in the same park, does that mean TSMM's days are numbered?

I wouldn't think so. TSMM is still popular and after the remodel of Paradise Pier to Pixar Pier, it needs more than 1 pixar themed ride (Incredicoaster and I don't count any of the other half assed rides as rides)

Uh RnRC overhaul is Iron Man, not Avengers. The other attraction is another phase 2 attraction.
Other Avengers characters will be in the Paris RnRC overhaul other than Iron Man. Admittedly, I don't know much about the Paris project. I do know that the Avengers attraction was ready to go, but a sudden change in perspective at TDA (due to operations speaking up loudly) told WDI to go back to the drawing board after their plan was shown to have terrible capacity. This is largely why it's a phase 2 project. WDI had to restart from scratch.

Since when is capacity a concern with Imagineering? :lol: namely 7 Dwarfs Coaster, FOP, Navii River, Alien Saucers, Radiator Springs, Frozen, etc.
Capacity hasn't been a concern for Imagineering in a long time. It's in the back of their head, but always near the bottom. It wasn't Imagineering that was concerned. Team Disney Anaheim weren't happy with the capacity and told Imagineering to start over. TDA was concerned, not Imagineering.

People tired of WDI's pretty rides, but severe lack of capacity have been given free reign in Anaheim since DLR's new President took control.

Iron Man made his debut in issue #39 of Tales of Suspense in March of 1963, He was a founding member of The Avengers (Issue #1) in Sept. 1963. Iron Man didn't get his own stand alone comic book until May 1968.

Iron Man was an Avenger 5 years before he was really his own thing.

Iron Man made his debut in issue #39 of Tales of Suspense in March of 1963, He was a founding member of The Avengers (Issue #1) in Sept. 1963. Iron Man didn't get his own stand alone comic book until May 1968.

Iron Man was an Avenger 5 years before he was really his own thing.
Yeah. In the early years he & Capt. America shared a comic. Neither were in the hero superstar popularity class. During Marvels first silver age years Fantastic Four and Spider Man were the super star sellers. X-Men was always iffy back then, constantly on the verge of cancellation. Even Avengers was not in FF league when it came to comics sold. That's why they kept playing around with the Avengers line up. Now character popularity is kind of upside down from what it was in the early/mid 60's.

I don't believe it'll be anything like TSMM apart from it using screens and being an interactive "shooter". You can raise your expectations a little bit.

Agreed, I think done properly this could work out well. I could see this being a more teen/adult targeted ride with Tony Stark introducing a new Spidey suit and needing to test it, etc.

Has it ever occurred to anyone that a scaled-down interactive version of Runaway Railway is probably what this ride will be? Digital mapping sounds a lot like RR to me.