Avengers: Doomsday (2026) | Page 2 | Inside Universal Forums

Avengers: Doomsday (2026)

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

How we feeling about RDJ as Doom?

• Love it!

• Intrigued

• Wait and see mode/Meh

• Hate it

Results are only viewable after voting.
I mean we will see how they handle it

I'm not saying the MCU will die....but they start a new timeline and of course sometimes MCU guys show up but without a real rebot could be hard to have a new Tony Stark Ironman that isn't just looked at as a variant.

Also the MCU needs to rest...like not now but one day we need like 5 years with ZERO content. Its what hyped up the new SW sequels so much and hopefully by phase 9 Disney has a newer series that can take the spot light for a few years, so super hero films can feel fresh again.....or Disney just keeps going and the series slowly dies and that is what I see happening but I hope they just give it a real ending when people still care about it
I think eventually this version of the MCU will end and we’ll reboot so we can bring back new versions of characters that have been killed off.

I guess the question is, what could they do that would make closure of the current MCU and the creation of a new one worth it other than having different character portrayals?

Maybe one day people won't like money. That might be the day they stop creating new MCU material for an extended period.
I mean all things die

Sure people thought westerns would live forever and we haven't had a Star Wars film in years....so it can happen

I'd chalk SW up to other aspects beyond just that perception.
And Star Wars will be back. Also, Star Wars is not a franchise that was ever meant to do what the MCU does, which was why they've let it take a break from theaters. It's better formatted for D+ (although Obi-Wan should've been a movie).

The MCU is formulated like a TV show. It is broken up into different "seasons" (phases). I'd say we're onto the spin-off from the first show right now for comparison sake. Each "saga" is sort of like it's own show in a sense. However, the two shows are still connected and this honestly could go on forever.

When Disney was milking Star Wars theatrically, they released five films in five years. Four made over $1B. Sure that's great. But Star Wars has literally never released more than one film in a year, never mind the 3-4 that the MCU does. And there's never been a more successful franchise than MCU films at the box office. At this point, pretty much every film they release is almost guaranteed at least $300M domestically if not well more than that. Worldwide these films do still do extremely well and China isn't letting any Marvel films in any more to pad their numbers.

Like I said, I just don't see how this whole thing ends other than Disney running it into the ground. As long as they are making money, Disney's going to keep churning the films out.

I’m curious about Feige. By some accounts, he has “pulled back” just due to the sheer number of yearly productions between theatrical and Disney+. I wonder if/when he hits a threshold for being the head of the MCU. I’ve also seen rumors on YouTube that he’s not super jazzed about the restructuring since Chapek - but who knows how legit those are.

I’m curious about Feige. By some accounts, he has “pulled back” just due to the sheer number of yearly productions between theatrical and Disney+. I wonder if/when he hits a threshold for being the head of the MCU. I’ve also seen rumors on YouTube that he’s not super jazzed about the restructuring since Chapek - but who knows how legit those are.
Honestly, after The Multiverse Saga, I wouldn’t be the least bit surprised if Feige leaves. He pretty much will have done everything interesting there is to do with Marvel.

He could very well stay, but I could also see him excited about a potential to move over and now be the Creative head for the DCEU, which would give him an entirely new toy box of players to play with.

Reactions: GA-MBIT
Honestly, after The Multiverse Saga, I wouldn’t be the least bit surprised if Feige leaves. He pretty much will have done everything interesting there is to do with Marvel.

He could very well stay, but I could also see him excited about a potential to move over and now be the Creative head for the DCEU, which would give him an entirely new toy box of players to play with.

Ha that’s how I actually got those rumors. People saying that after the WB/Discovery merger, they should do everything to get Feige. I don’t know how I feel about that.

I am excited for Kang and Secret Wars. I still can’t pin point what the current Avengers line up is.

Ha that’s how I actually got those rumors. People saying that after the WB/Discovery merger, they should do everything to get Feige. I don’t know how I feel about that.
I haven't seen any rumors, it's just something I could see happening. He's been with Marvel for over 20 years and by 2025, the MCU will be 17 years old itself. After doing something for such a long period of time, it's only natural to want something new eventually.

Now that something could be as simple as LucasFilm if say he was threatening Disney to leave for WB. He could wrap up the story he wants to tell in the MCU and replace Kathleen Kennedy as head of LucasFilm as by then she's gotta be thinking about retirement as she'll be 72 or 73. But Feige would have a lot less pressure imo as head of DC Films as the DCEU has been very hit or miss and it'd be exactly like running Marvel Studios, but just with DC characters, so he'd get to tell completely new stories.

With Star Wars, the fan base is extremely toxic and will rip you apart over the slightest things, but I think the appealing part there is the possibility of being the first person to really step in and finally create new characters and move past the Skywalker Saga. It's a vast galaxy, not everything needs to be tied to one family. That would be a fun challenge, but I wouldn't envy him in that position whereas I think he'd have it pretty easy at DC.

I am excited for Kang and Secret Wars. I still can’t pin point what the current Avengers line up is.
I think we're looking at a "money shot line-up" of:
  • Captain Marvel
  • Captain America
  • Black Panther
  • Spider-Man (as long as everything is good with Sony)
  • Hulk
  • Hawkeye
  • Thor
  • Ant-Man & Wasp
  • Shang-Chi
  • Sersi (& various Eternals)
That's who i'm counting in more of the core of the Avengers, but that doesn't mean that's all who will be in the movie. Doctor Strange will certainly be in the movie, but Cumberbatch has said that Strange isn't an Avenger, so i'm not counting him currently. Spider-Man could be a no go. These movies could be a swan song for at the very least Clint. I could see him retiring for good after this (or dying) knowing that the Avengers are in good hands with Kate Bishop. I could see Adam Warlock popping up in this movie in an extended role, too.

Oh, and the Fantastic Four.

Last edited:
Reactions: Nico
Honestly after Secret Wars and Invasion....what Big story lines could do they do besides that? Like Phase 7 on I think will struggle on source stories but for sure can make up some cool ones....or I guess give us a more comic accurate Civil War
Coming back to this, we may already have a hint as to where the future lies after The Multiverse Saga, as there was other trademarks filed by Marvel that have not been made public. These of course could be alternate choices for The Multiverse Saga, but they filed permits for "The Eternity Saga" and "The Timeless Saga". Basically, we'd be coming full circle and they'd be fighting an even more bananas version of Thanos.

They also filed trademarks for "Nomad", "Celestials: End Of Time", and "Captain America: Red, White and Black". This video does a good job of explaining the potential future and how it could bring an end to the MCU while still leveling it up with each saga along the way. Eternity Wars would be the start of the end in this theory.

Loveness is also writing Quanumania, so this should be no shock considering Feige mentioned at D23 that Ant-Man 3 will lead directly into Kang Dynasty.

So in all the Jonathan Majors news, it came out through Variety that this movie is scheduled to shoot next Spring, although "Disney is monitoring the fast-moving situation and has time to move deliberately."

I'm assuming if they feel they can't go forward with Majors, they will recast quickly enough that they can still start shooting the movie next Spring. However, I do think no matter what happens they may not be able to change Majors' appearance in Loki given how significant of a role he supposedly plays in the season.

This is all in the case they have to recast of course. There's still a possibility he's proven innocent, but the issue is the US court system is very slow moving and Marvel doesn't have that kind of time imo to be shooting blockbusters with him in the lead role when he's on trial for assault. Him being on trial also causes issues with scheduling for filming as you can't guarantee he'll be able to come in every day as he could get called in for something related to his case. Just my opinion, but with a role this big and something like this looming over Majors, I don't see how they can commit to him longterm right now.

Last edited:
They can add a post credit scene on his actor changing plus rumors of Kang in Moonknight will give them another way to let people get used to the new actor

It suck the casting of Kang was pretty much perfect, so I hope the next actor can do the characters as well

Reactions: fryoj
I should stress this is rumor, but Jeff Sneider is almost always right on his Marvel scoops so I’m inclined to believe the following, which I see as very good news (especially after Quantumania).

Supposedly the decision to move on from Loveness was made before the Writers Strike.

While we know almost nothing plot wise for KD and SW, I wonder if at some point a large portion of the major Marvel villains from the Infinity Saga come back and the Avengers have to battle them all in Secret Wars.

I should stress this is rumor, but Jeff Sneider is almost always right on his Marvel scoops so I’m inclined to believe the following, which I see as very good news (especially after Quantumania).

Supposedly the decision to move on from Loveness was made before the Writers Strike.

I'm seeing the rumor is rumbling once again that Loveness is out as the writer, this time along with Michael Waldron out as writer for Avengers: Secret Wars.

Can't say I'm surprised about the rumors for Loveness, Quantumania was supposed to be a good launch point for Kang, and it was a whiff on making him feel like a serious threat. Loveness also didn't help himself by openly refusing to take MODOK seriously. Yes, he's a goofy character in general, but taking goofy characters seriously is a mainstay in comics, and a character being goofy should never be an excuse for poor writing of that character.

Can't say I'm surprised about the rumors for Loveness, Quantumania was supposed to be a good launch point for Kang, and it was a whiff on making him feel like a serious threat. Loveness also didn't help himself by openly refusing to take MODOK seriously. Yes, he's a goofy character in general, but taking goofy characters seriously is a mainstay in comics, and a character being goofy should never be an excuse for poor writing of that character.
Honestly, I feel bad saying it because and I don't like to see people lose their jobs... but I sincerely hope Loveness is replaced. Loveness was good writing for Rick & Morty, but what he showed in Quantumania is not up to snuff with what is expected and certainly not what is expected out of an Avengers film.

I wish Marvel would stop bringing on these R&M writers and maybe just, ya know, do the obvious thing and try to get Ryan Coogler for Kang Dynasty. I'm honestly not too comfortable with Michael Waldron either for Secret Wars, but at least Multiverse of Madness was solid imo. Not earth shattering, but solid. Not sure it should've earned him an Avengers film though.