Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Aventura Hotel

Screen%20Shot%202016-06-16%20at%2010.30.40%20AM.png

This is how you would do a classy Hollywood art deco themed hotel tower for minimal cost.

The Aventura rendering looks so bland and forgettable.

I like it, a quality hotel and what will probably be at a decent price.

Granted its not uber themed (I don't men themed to a taxi :lol:) but plenty here to draw guests, pool, hot tub, food court and of course the rooftop bar. The rooms will most likely be on the smaller side but will offer great views. With a lot of us Brits feeling the squeeze on our $$$ it will play well into that market as well as picking up guests who would usually stay off site, the price point will be very interesting on this one.

I like the modern sweeping look with clean lines and I for one would be happy to stay here, yet more Kudos, bravo Uni.

This is exactly my thoughts.

For most Brits, the hotel is mostly some where to sleep at night as most days you're out first thing and returning late.

If it has a Starbucks and some where decent for food it's a major bonus. If it doesn't, I'm more than happy to eat else where.

This being a value hotel, it makes me wonder what category the hotel at Wet n Wild will be. They'll probably need a solid theme to compensate for being barely off site.

It does have a Starbucks they mention it in the article, not sure on the food options I would assume some sort of QS

At least I got the contemporary theme correct. And remember, this is the same theme as one of Disney's most expensive hotels.

This place has a lot of amenities for the least expensive value resort in town. A pool with a hot tub, splash pad, and pool bar. Lobby bar and roof top lounge. And a Starbucks and food court.

Throw in being an EASY walk to Volcano Bay and the restaurants at Sapphire Falls and Royal Pacific, this will be a nice place for the $99-$125 rate (guessing).

I think it's just fine and people will like it more when they see the finished product. Besides that, for many people the hotel is really just a place to sleep for a few hours each night and get ready to go do things while on vacation, it's not really about ambiance or activities as long as you can get to the parks it's fine. I think it's also aiming to take business away from the hotels on I-drive as much as anything. When you see how many Universal (and even Disney) guests stay on I-Drive, if you offer the same thing but ON PROPERTY for the same price as off property, it makes the decision easy to stay at Aventura.

It does have a Starbucks they mention it in the article, not sure on the food options I would assume some sort of QS

My Starbucks point was more a general reference to any hotel.

I think this hotel ticks all the right boxes.

The huge benefit of it being so close to the other hotels is that you use their restaurants and bars.

While it is a "generic glass tower hotel", there really aren't any in the area so it will be unique. It will have great views of I-Drive and the stuff down there and some people want that view too.

Also, the top floors facing southwest will have great views of the Disney fireworks 3x a night as MK, EPCOT and DHS do their nightly shows.

And, for everyone poo-pooing this, it fits the plot of land, using every inch of available space to give more rooms that the resort needs. I remember the similar complaints about Saphire Falls before it was built about it being "generic" and I think it proved that in general they know what they are doing at UC.

The only hotel in Universal's portfolio that is even remotely
close to being "hyper-themed" is Portofino Bay.

Oh man I cannot agree with that at all. Portofino, Royal Pacific, and Cabana Bay are all pretty damn well themed resorts.

Also, remember this is a value resort. Show a guest this clean, modern, and yes, maybe a bit generic hotel to Disney's All-Stars or Pop Century resorts, and the choice is pretty clear.

Well that was unexpected. Looks nice though, sure the execution will be top notch which should counteract the slightly less ambitious theme. Makes sense to diversify options.

I have to agree with all the sentiments of it just looking uninspired. There are so many concepts and themes that are ripe for the picking that fit in with the resort. I agree that the theming for Royal, HRH, Portofino and Cabana are on another level compared to this and even Sapphire. I definitely like the idea of Sapphire more than how it was executed.

Yeah, this is a super bland hotel. I hope the price tag reflects that. This should become the cheapest hotel on property with Cabana Bay getting a price increase after Aventura opens.

It really looks like Universal was trying to build their version of the Contemporary. But, this design just doesn't seem iconic enough.

This is for those who are just there for a quick getaway with friends and the lack of theming most likely means less young uns running around. More of the young millennials crowd will go here just to sleep grab a drink, bullshark, and head to the parks

I think it'll be a super easy walk to the water taxi at Sapphire Falls.
Eventually I think they may start checking room keys at that dock... if people from CBBR and Aventura all flock there (instead of taking the bus) along with SF guests, the line for the water taxi will be insanely backed up.

I have to agree with all the sentiments of it just looking uninspired. There are so many concepts and themes that are ripe for the picking that fit in with the resort. I agree that the theming for Royal, HRH, Portofino and Cabana are on another level compared to this and even Sapphire. I definitely like the idea of Sapphire more than how it was executed.

Have you been and stayed at sapphire falls? I have- and I don't see how it's any less themed than the Polynesian, beach and yacht club, Saratoga springs, old key west, contemporary, coranado springs, etc.
I mean, port orleans and sapphire falls are far more themed than any of those Disney deluxes.
Sapphire is legit. The bar area, the falls and river, the colors and shutters outdoors, etc etc etc.
it's as themed a moderate as you could hope for.

I remember the similar complaints about Saphire Falls before it was built about it being "generic" and I think it proved that in general they know what they are doing at UC.
Well, to be fair, Sapphire Falls is pretty damn generic. It has great features like Strong Water Tavern, a large pool, a sit-down restaurant and Water Taxi, but the feel of the hotel overall is still fairly generic. There's a lot of bland areas and blank spaces on the walls that feel like there should be pictures. The standard rooms are also over 100 sq. feet smaller than a CBBR family suite and tries to be a little too cute with the (unlockable) barn door in the bathroom.