Aventura Hotel | Page 41 | Inside Universal Forums

Aventura Hotel

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
"Bar 17 Bistro" is shockingly, appallingly bad name. Like wow.
I assume they went with "Bar 17" because it's likely on the 17th floor, but why add "Bistro" to the end? Just call it Bar 17 if you're gonna use something stupid like this.

I assume they went with "Bar 17" because it's likely on the 17th floor, but why add "Bistro" to the end? Just call it Bar 17 if you're gonna use something stupid like this.
I'm guessing they wanted to make sure people know it's not "just" a bar, but even then, go with "Bistro 17" or something

The bar area is almost completely covered and the roof will have tons of lightning rods on it. This will not close during a thunderstorm.

Do any of you find it mysterious that we never, in all the photos, see a window actually being hung? It’s as if they just appear overnight through some kind of black magic.

I wonder if we’ll wake up one morning and the blue windows will have changed to silver windows (protective coating peeled)

The bar area is almost completely covered and the roof will have tons of lightning rods on it. This will not close during a thunderstorm.
Will depend on severity and closeness of the storm. Universal takes extra precautions when it comes to storms.

Reactions: Jon84
There’s a bar near me called Bar 147 and it’s probably one of the most awful pubs I’ve ever been to and I can’t shake that image with how similar the names are.

In terms of closing the bar during lightning - there is absolutely no way Universal didn’t consider weather when building/designing.

The idea of shutting down a restaurant when a storm approaches is absurd. Having people leave their food / potential orders / drinks to take an elevator downstairs is not going to be the protocol for an afternoon thunderstorm.

In terms of closing the bar during lightning - there is absolutely no way Universal didn’t consider weather when building/designing.

The idea of shutting down a restaurant when a storm approaches is absurd. Having people leave their food / potential orders / drinks to take an elevator downstairs is not going to be the protocol for an afternoon thunderstorm.
Exactly

Probably why it’s closed during the day.

Reactions: Ridgepole
If I had a cocktail and food coming to my primo table location it would take an impending nuclear strike or comet impact to dislodge me.
even then.....

Last edited:
Reactions: Joel

Ok, you can stand up there during a thunderstorm. Seems like it would be a really good time. Like when you are eating outside and it starts raining. So Much Fun. Enjoy. I would have preferred an enclosed restaurant with the same views.

Ok, you can stand up there during a thunderstorm. Seems like it would be a really good time. Like when you are eating outside and it starts raining. So Much Fun. Enjoy. I would have preferred an enclosed restaurant with the same views.

Is it much different than some sort of small bar w/ sidewalk tables with sort of a Contemporary (WDW hotel) outside fireworks viewing area mash up. I mean, to me, it looks like the bar area might be covered....maybe they have fold down plastic windows like many sidewalk cafes in anytown USA?

Reactions: fryoj