Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Aventura Hotel

My fiancé and I are both keto, so YMMV, but the "Roast" section at Urban Pantry was pretty solid. The "All American Breakfast" comes with eggs, bacon, sausage, and potatoes, for $13 (we had them substitute the potatoes for sliced ham). It was too much for me, I dropped down to the kids portion - price isn't listed on the website, but I keep thinking it was about $10. Still a ridiculous amount of food.

Thanks for the heads up. I’ll check the kids menu and see what options there are. Is it pretty quick to grab breakfast in the morning?

Yeah don't get their pancakes. They taste nasty like paper. Overall CBBR has a better breakfast IMO. I'm staying at sapphire this year so I'll know which is better out of the 3.

We stayed at Sapphire in 2016. Breakfast was alright, but it was expensive and took over an hour to get in and out.

For the price and amount of time, Keke’a Breakfast Cafe is close to the resort and is fantastic. That is, of course, if you manage to get there by 8AM on the weekend. Place turns into a mad house otherwise.

Leaning towards hitting Whole Foods on the way and grabbing yogurt, granola, fruit, and ice coffees for our two mornings. Especially since Aventura has mini fridge - or at least that’s what I was told.

Thanks for the heads up. I’ll check the kids menu and see what options there are. Is it pretty quick to grab breakfast in the morning?

It's, for better or worse, pretty quick - everything is out in heating dishes, so it's pretty quick and easy. Especially if you're hitting it first thing in the morning, most people are still sleeping and there's no line.

The food quality was just fine, even in the heating dishes and under the lamp - to be fair, we probably got the first batch of food every morning so it was fresh.

Do we know when they are going to let housekeepers come back in to clean the rooms?
When I stayed at Royal Pacific this month they asked me if I would be OK with having the room made up once in the middle of the trip. Since then they dropped masks around the resort so it's probably going to be coming back fairly soon

When I stayed at Royal Pacific this month they asked me if I would be OK with having the room made up once in the middle of the trip. Since then they dropped masks around the resort so it's probably going to be coming back fairly soon
Awesome, thank you

Universal Orlando has announced that Aventura Hotel will reopen on Wednesday, June 16, the last of Universal's hotels to reopen.

Stayed at aventura in a skyline room on the 16th floor july 4, and 2 elevators were down the entire day. It took 30 minutes for us to get an elevator (seems to never want to stop at the 16th floor) we had bags as we were checking out. Not sure if this is a common occurance, but the elevator situtation at this hotel is a mess.

Stayed at aventura in a skyline room on the 16th floor july 4, and 2 elevators were down the entire day. It took 30 minutes for us to get an elevator (seems to never want to stop at the 16th floor) we had bags as we were checking out. Not sure if this is a common occurance, but the elevator situtation at this hotel is a mess.

It just reopened, right? I would have asked if there was some sort of guest recovery option available, as that's pretty unacceptable for such a vertically-oriented hotel.

Was Bar 17 open while you were trying for an elevator?

More importantly can you walk up/down from your room to Bar 17?

Was Bar 17 open while you were trying for an elevator?

More importantly can you walk up/down from your room to Bar 17?

It was open the night before, we did think about walking up the stairs to take the express elevator down because we were that desperate, but we had a lot of heavy bags. Thankfully we managed to finally get one.

This was my only time here, so i'm not sure how often elevators are down. The room cleaners that were walking by acted like this is a normal occurance, but either way the experience was so bad that I won't personally won't be going back.

It was open the night before, we did think about walking up the stairs to take the express elevator down because we were that desperate, but we had a lot of heavy bags. Thankfully we managed to finally get one.

This was my only time here, so i'm not sure how often elevators are down. The room cleaners that were walking by acted like this is a normal occurance, but either way the experience was so bad that I won't personally won't be going back.
I stayed when they first opened and would not go back, it really does not suit me but CBBR is right across the stree......

Yeah our previous night was at royal pacific and was great, but we had our flight changed and needed an extra night and the cheapest room I could find day of was skyline at aventura CB was full. Hadn't been there so it seemed like a good idea.

Yeah our previous night was at royal pacific and was great, but we had our flight changed and needed an extra night and the cheapest room I could find day of was skyline at aventura CB was full. Hadn't been there so it seemed like a good idea.
Funny, I screwed up and didn't reserve a room first night of HHN but when I showed up I was in no shape to drive back to Tampa. RPR put me in one of the convention rooms at $50 for the night after begging for space. My favorite place onsite. I had 10 more nights at CBBR starting the NEXT night. Guess I had fun.

I hope things improve before mid-September. We are there for 4 nights with 6 year old and an 18 month year old. We did get some really great rates which is why we are staying there.

It's the only Universal hotel that I don't care for. Mainly because it doesn't have that full resort hotel feel. But we do love Bar 17. We stop there when we're at the other Universal hotels.

It's the only Universal hotel that I don't care for. Mainly because it doesn't have that full resort hotel feel. But we do love Bar 17. We stop there when we're at the other Universal hotels.

We visited Aventura a couple years ago and found it ok. It's definitely minimalist in any kind of resort feel. And Bar 17 is pretty awesome. I really just wanted someplace cheap with easy resort transportation since one adult will be taking the little ones back to the hotel during HHN.