Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Being chosen as a volunteer for the Special Effects Show

May 13, 2017
Just curious, how is one chosen as an audience volunteer for the special effects show? I've seen YouTube videos showing people (and families) being chosen for the show. How do they pick the volunteers? I haven't been to Universal Hollywood in over 10 years and have family coming from out of the country and wanna take them there. Thanks!!

Before the show begins the hosts come out to speak to everyone waiting in line. They mention the age, build, and gender they are looking for and if you are eligible you can raise your hand. Then you just hope they choose you! You can try to get in line earlier to be closer to the host's podium.

I remember I got chosen as Marty in the Back to the Future segment when I was like ten or eleven, back when the show was on the Lower Lot.
46F629BB-67FE-4B07-A011-CBA76550B391.JPG

They start "casting" about 30 minutes before showtime. Make sure you are in line and close to the riser in front of the theater. Talk to the employees and tell them you really want to volunteer. You will see the two hosts come out and start looking at the crowd - approach them. At that point they are looking for a couple for the astronaut sequence who fits a specific type, but they will also look for a family. Be courteous and enthusiastic. Go to the first or the last show for the best chance.