Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Best resort for Epcot/DHS access?

Aug 7, 2018
Hey all! Haven’t been to Disney in quite some time. Last time my mom and I visited we were there in 2014, so it’s been a minute! We’ll be there April 2020, along with my boyfriend and my moms best friend Rhonda. Rhonda has never been. Not super important to the story here but anyways. We plan to attend Epcot and DHS the most. Have never rode a Frozen, or ate dinner pretty much anywhere in World Showcase, so we plan to do that at the very least 2 evenings.

DHS is my favorite park, and what seems most appealing to my fam and bf In terms of attraction appeal. We’re going to have park hopper so we can do whatever whenever really, which will include some extra time/rides in SWGE, M&M if it’s open, Tower or Terror, Rock n Roller Coaster, Toy Story, i could go on. Anyways, which hotel would have best access? I’m not familiar with the gondola system or the bus system really, but these are places we certainly plan to attend. Budget is not an issue, any suggestions would be helpful!! Not super familiar with Disney resorts honestly. Thanks in advance!

Hey all! Haven’t been to Disney in quite some time. Last time my mom and I visited we were there in 2014, so it’s been a minute! We’ll be there April 2020, along with my boyfriend and my moms best friend Rhonda. Rhonda has never been. Not super important to the story here but anyways. We plan to attend Epcot and DHS the most. Have never rode a Frozen, or ate dinner pretty much anywhere in World Showcase, so we plan to do that at the very least 2 evenings.

DHS is my favorite park, and what seems most appealing to my fam and bf In terms of attraction appeal. We’re going to have park hopper so we can do whatever whenever really, which will include some extra time/rides in SWGE, M&M if it’s open, Tower or Terror, Rock n Roller Coaster, Toy Story, i could go on. Anyways, which hotel would have best access? I’m not familiar with the gondola system or the bus system really, but these are places we certainly plan to attend. Budget is not an issue, any suggestions would be helpful!! Not super familiar with Disney resorts honestly. Thanks in advance!
Depends on the budget but Boardwalk is closest to Epcot and the gondola so that would be the way to hop to the studios

To add to what Joe says the Swan and Dolphin suits many people being about halfway between the resorts and with the gondola open that might take some pressure off the boats making for a better trip to DHS or Epcot.
It gets some of the benefits of on property hotels but is not one so not everything but the price is usually reasonable.

The boats are slow as molasses with a zillion stops, and long waits. Even walking, although the path to DHS is not very nice, not at all like Universal pathways, is a better alternative to the boats. . Skyway would be the best option.