BGW 2-day trip May 2024 Trip | Inside Universal Forums

BGW 2-day trip May 2024 Trip

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Nick

Staff
Sep 22, 2011
Orlando
So I’ve never been to Busch Gardens Williamsburg before and know virtually nothing about the park. I do know just from looking at the website that the Loch Ness Monster reopens that day. So I guess for people who have been, what are maybe some tips or secrets to know outside of the obvious for this park?

Be ready to walk up and down hills A LOT. The park is beautiful and the train makes a good place to rest during the day as well as to travel between the villages. Rhine River Cruise is also a great place to relax and get photos. Coaster lineup is all good, with Alpengeist and LNM being my favorites. Food is decent, but over priced. I'd suggest all day dining plan if you're spending the whole day there, it can be a decent savings and lets you try more. Trappers Smokehouse is always good, Festhaus is good but not as great as it used to be, Marco Polo's is a great place to grab a bite as well. If you decide you want to do Quick Queue you can purchase day of, and sometimes for single attractions so if lines are long there is a way to get to ride everything. Pantheon seems to still be temperamental so if you see it open, do it while you can, it seems to go down periodically throughout the day from what I'm hearing. Shows are decent with Celtic Fyre being the standout. Drink cups from the Florida parks can be used there for the discounted refills, but their refills are more expensive than Tampa and Orlando. If you do all day dining you can get the refills all day as part of it.

Hopefully you have time for Colonial Williamsburg while you're there, it's a great place to visit as well.

Reactions: Mad Dog and Nick
Be ready to walk up and down hills A LOT. The park is beautiful and the train makes a good place to rest during the day as well as to travel between the villages. Rhine River Cruise is also a great place to relax and get photos. Coaster lineup is all good, with Alpengeist and LNM being my favorites. Food is decent, but over priced. I'd suggest all day dining plan if you're spending the whole day there, it can be a decent savings and lets you try more. Trappers Smokehouse is always good, Festhaus is good but not as great as it used to be, Marco Polo's is a great place to grab a bite as well. If you decide you want to do Quick Queue you can purchase day of, and sometimes for single attractions so if lines are long there is a way to get to ride everything. Pantheon seems to still be temperamental so if you see it open, do it while you can, it seems to go down periodically throughout the day from what I'm hearing. Shows are decent with Celtic Fyre being the standout. Drink cups from the Florida parks can be used there for the discounted refills, but their refills are more expensive than Tampa and Orlando. If you do all day dining you can get the refills all day as part of it.

Hopefully you have time for Colonial Williamsburg while you're there, it's a great place to visit as well.
Thanks for the information! And yeah, I think Colonial Williamsburg is something we are planning on doing.

Colonial Williamsburg is Excellent. Watch the reenactments if you have the time. Make sure you get the pass that allows you into all the buildings. BGW is a beautiful park, but not as good as it was when Busch ran it. They've really cut the live entertainment, which used to be fabulous.

Reactions: GAcoaster and Nick
I was concerned for Colonial Williamsburg getting through Covid, but they’ve really found a niche leaning into homeschool activities and rotating the days various things are open.

As GAcoaster mentioned - BGW is definitely hilly. There’s a section of walkway between the flume ride and Alpengeist that seems like it would make a sick BMX track. Also, if you have a stroller, unless it’s really light and folds up you’re likely going to be limited to crossing the river on the edges of the park which turns it into a big 2.5 mile circle. Last I knew (and I don’t think it’s changed), the river crossing by Loch Ness Monster is a ton of stairs on both sides.

It’s an hour and 15 minutes up the road, but obligatory Kings Dominion plug in case you want gray out on I305 P305.

Reactions: Nick