Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Biggest Horror IPs yet to appear at HHN?

Other than that, the big problem with alot of other horror properties like Rosemary's Baby is just how do you get scareactors in? Minnie Castevet just isn't that scary when jumping out of a boo hole.

I definitely agree and that's why I said it'll most likely never come to the event. Similarly the Final Destination franchise would work spectacularly poorly as a haunted house, but I feel it's a big enough name in horror to warrant bringing it up.

I think it's good to look at the whole picture when it comes to the horror genre, because while there may be some choices that just simply wouldn't work at all, there are also a few strange and inventive ideas that could completely alter how they go about making a haunted house/scarezone.

The pipe dream is Bloodborne.
Hell yeah, after finishing the game, Bloodborne is now my video game dream maze. I think it would be the effects heavy maze. Unfortunatley HHN aren't really familiar with video games so maybe in the future who knows. I feel like popular video game IPs would draw in huge crowds.

I definitely agree and that's why I said it'll most likely never come to the event. Similarly the Final Destination franchise would work spectacularly poorly as a haunted house, but I feel it's a big enough name in horror to warrant bringing it up.
Yeah, i see tons of people suggesting Final Destination, but there's no way it can work. You never see Death, so there's no chance of scares, it'll just be show scenes. If they can make it semi original, maybe, but it's not likely to happen.

Pipe dreams: 1984, Junji-Ito and Dead by Daylight.

Possibilities: Cronenberg, Beetlejuice, George Romero and John Carpenter films aside from The Thing.

SUSPIRIA (I think the original could make a better house visually, and more actual scenes to pull from)

Well since HHN turns 30 next they could always do a 90s theme HHN, and use some 90s horror IPs as mazes and/or scarezones. While I’m up for a Chilling Adventures of Sabrina maze I’m hoping for a Are You Afraid Of The Dark maze depending on Universal & Nickelodeon’s relationship.

I’ve found that I’ve seen a lot of Halloween costumes of creepypasta characters in places like Walmart or Target, almost as many as relevant licensed horror characters like Pennywise or anyone from Stranger Things.

I wonder if we would ever see a “Digital Deadliness” house a la Scary Tales for internet urban legend characters? As garbage as a lot of these stories actually are, they must have some sort of market (most definitely kids, for the record) for costumes to be sold of these characters and quite a few have been brought into the mainstream in one way or another.

Here are my thoughts for stories they could possibly, maybe, I guess if it’s a slow year, perhaps get into this possible (not good) house/zone idea.

-Slenderman
-Jeff the Killer
-smiledog
-Candle Cove
-The Rake
-Dead Bart

Yeah...on second thought let’s hope the event never gets this low on IPs. :lol:

I’ve found that I’ve seen a lot of Halloween costumes of creepypasta characters in places like Walmart or Target, almost as many as relevant licensed horror characters like Pennywise or anyone from Stranger Things.

I wonder if we would ever see a “Digital Deadliness” house a la Scary Tales for internet urban legend characters? As garbage as a lot of these stories actually are, they must have some sort of market (most definitely kids, for the record) for costumes to be sold of these characters and quite a few have been brought into the mainstream in one way or another.

Here are my thoughts for stories they could possibly, maybe, I guess if it’s a slow year, perhaps get into this possible (not good) house/zone idea.

-Slenderman
-Jeff the Killer
-smiledog
-Candle Cove
-The Rake
-Dead Bart

Yeah...on second thought let’s hope the event never gets this low on IPs. :lol:

Funny enough, Channel Zero was mentioned on HHN Hollywood's survey this year..

Funny enough, Channel Zero was mentioned on HHN Hollywood's survey this year..
Funny story I mentioned of Channel Zero not being at Halloween Horror Nights to Holland Roden who was in the third season Butcher’s Block agreed that they should have made a Channel Zero maze.

IT
The Conjuring
Jaws (I really wanna see this in the future)
Gremlins
Chilling Adventures of Sabrina
Lucifer (maybe?)

Someone recently brought up Jurassic World for HHN in another thread, which while still being very close to Jurassic Park as a property (well, technically they are the same exact thing lol), is actually a really good idea and I'd count it as a new A-Tier marketable horror property.
If you've played DinoCrisis you can understand why a JP/JW house would work lol

Someone recently brought up Jurassic World for HHN in another thread, which while still being very close to Jurassic Park as a property (well, technically they are the same exact thing lol), is actually a really good idea and I'd count it as a new A-Tier marketable horror property.

They should totally do one next year since I think JW: Dominion is going to be a huge hit that brings the whole franchise together.

Like I said in the other thread, there’s a whole group of us that have never been able to see any form of Jurassic at HHN. It’s arguably Universal’s biggest in-house IP and has plenty of horrifying elements. It’s a no-brainer.

They should totally do one next year since I think JW: Dominion is going to be a huge hit that brings the whole franchise together.

Like I said in the other thread, there’s a whole group of us that have never been able to see any form of Jurassic at HHN. It’s arguably Universal’s biggest in-house IP and has plenty of horrifying elements. It’s a no-brainer.
Granted I was a mere fetus at the time, but JP Exctinction creeped me out thinking half human/half dinos were lurking around every corner

And the actual island had Raptors running around

Gah, I miss HHN at IOA

Thinking about it, and properly, I think anything Living Dead makes a lot of sense for "big IP". Plus there is some kind of relationship Universal has with the estate, or else they probably wouldn't of been able to do Creepshow's film sequences for Hollywood (and I'm assuming Orlando if it's rumored).

Have it be exclusive for Orlando for one year, then exclusive for Hollywood the next. With Twilight of The Dead going forward, I have to think this is an IP to look out foor.

Thinking about it, and properly, I think anything Living Dead makes a lot of sense for "big IP". Plus there is some kind of relationship Universal has with the estate, or else they probably wouldn't of been able to do Creepshow's film sequences for Hollywood (and I'm assuming Orlando if it's rumored).

Have it be exclusive for Orlando for one year, then exclusive for Hollywood the next. With Twilight of The Dead going forward, I have to think this is an IP to look out foor.
I said it on the last page, but again, it's crazy that they haven't done Living Dead before now. I think it's definitely high chance to make the lineup within the next couple of years.

I've made my case for both of these before, but the two that I want to see the most are The Thing (we've had it twice already, but an original take and the sequel) and Return of the Living Dead.

I'm also made my case for The Evil Dead - Ash Williams which would be a house with a room from part one, like 3 rooms from part two, then 5 rooms from Army Of Darkness, and a post house bit for Ash vs Evil Dead. With Evil Dead 4 allegedly coming with no Ash, it would sorta be synergy and be like "how we got up to this point" so could be timely.

The Descent is one of my FAVORITE movies ever. I think it would have made a fantastic house pre-covid. You'd need the inflatable walls and stuff to bring the feeling of being trapped and in confined spaces so I don't think it's feasible for the foreseeable future. Just PITCH BLACK rooms, maybe a fake flare on the ground by the doorway so you can find your way through. Creature noises, the "facade" would be the water portion of the cave where you'd have a scareactor or puppet up on a rock, etc.

A non horror movie that I think could be great: Escape from New York. By the library stick 3 old cars, maybe one with a flame burner inside with the iconic music playing. Then the house itself would basically just be some of the crazies coming at you, Snake Plisken with the Uzi just walking out with startling scares, the wrestler/boxer with a bat embedded in the back of his head stumbling around, a jump scare with an audio cue of the guy holding the finger, a split in half taxi cab, and of course, the ending would be a Donald Pleasence look alike firing a machine gun screaming "You're the Duke of NY, A #1!!!!!" and then the song from the tape playing as you exit the house. Not a horror movie, but in the same vein as Doomsday...just (hopefully) 100x better.

Regarding Jurassic Park/World, I'd like to see that as a Scare Zone. With the super realistic looking Velociraptor costumes they have now, it could work. The costumes might be too big to be in a house, and while puppets are cool, these costumes just need to be something that can run and scare from a distance. Maybe have a mini show where a Chris Pratt look alike gets on a stage and the 4 raptors come to watch him click around and stuff. Then, at the end, he just sends them off and they each run in a separate direction at/through the crowd. Have big jungle set pieces like Anarcade where they can "hide". It could be epic...or it could suck.

A non horror movie that I think could be great: Escape from New York. By the library stick 3 old cars, maybe one with a flame burner inside with the iconic music playing. Then the house itself would basically just be some of the crazies coming at you, Snake Plisken with the Uzi just walking out with startling scares, the wrestler/boxer with a bat embedded in the back of his head stumbling around, a jump scare with an audio cue of the guy holding the finger, a split in half taxi cab, and of course, the ending would be a Donald Pleasence look alike firing a machine gun screaming "You're the Duke of NY, A #1!!!!!" and then the song from the tape playing as you exit the house. Not a horror movie, but in the same vein as Doomsday...just (hopefully) 100x better.

Since Ghostbusters house was announced, I've lobbied for Big Trouble in Little China. But this might be an even better idea. If A&D are into the movie and put in that AWiL level of detail, could be an easy contender for house of the year.

In the vein of similar non-horror but potentially scary IPs, I'd throw in The Warriors. Use radio show clips in the transition rooms, have the actors portray the various colorful gang members. Could even reuse the subway plans from Patient Zero. Might be a little too obscure of a cult movie tho, again, unless someone in A&D happens to be into it like Killer Klownz.