Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Biggest Horror IPs yet to appear at HHN?

Thinking about Hollywood..

> Resident Evil would be a pretty major get for USH. They didn't get it for 2013 when Orlando had it, but there's a perfect installment that could jive well with Hollywood's style--that being RE7.
> Dawn of The Dead. Some may say Night, and I don't disagree; but I think it's possibly more sensical to have a film that has more varied locations, like the mall--and the various stores within it.
> Hitchcock Mashup would also be a major get, as The Birds, Psycho, Shadow of a Doubt and more fit well as an ensemble grouping.
> Jurassic; Hollywood would be a unique test bed to do a puppet maze on Jurassic on, have it tackle the biogenetic factor from Fallen Kingdom and expand on that in a horror setting more proper for HHN. You could even have Trevorrow come in and give some ideas for varied kills.

A24 properties would be a big draw. The fan base for many of there films are rabid to say the least. The Lighthouse would be a pipe dream for me.
A24 would definitely be a big draw. Considering how much A24 tends to have more of a focus on atmosphere for its scares and less of the traditional "horror" characters that tend to work for HHN houses, do you think it'd be possible to see a house based on a particular A24 film or something more like Horrors of Blumhouse, using a few different A24 films?

A24 would definitely be a big draw. Considering how much A24 tends to have more of a focus on atmosphere for its scares and less of the traditional "horror" characters that tend to work for HHN houses, do you think it'd be possible to see a house based on a particular A24 film or something more like Horrors of Blumhouse, using a few different A24 films?
Realistically? It would be a single movie first.

EDIT - And looking at the numbers, as interesting as an A24 house would be, I don’t think it would actually be as big a draw as horror fans want it to be. It’s best box office-performing film (Heredity) ranks at 122 for horror movie domestic box office take (worse than the Final Purge, which opened in a pandemic). A24 is niche, but hasn’t hit “cult status” yet. Unless the IP is cheap, it may be hard to convince execs to buy in on using it.

Last edited:
Bioshock is gonna come one day. I just know it.
crying wojak mask Meme Generator - Imgflip

I think it's very interesting that, as far as I saw, no one has mentioned the most obvious IP that Universal is clearly in love with (and if someone has, sorry I missed it), but has never given a maze to: Chucky.

USH has a ton of Chucky merch everywhere (right alongside Frankenstein and the Bride on many shirts and masks), and he doesn't even appear anywhere at the event aside from a voice over on the Starway and an ad returning from the Terror Tram.

To honest, it isn't even my personal favorite property, but tons of people, as well as Uni itself, seem to love it. Shocking they haven't actually done a maze for it yet (at least not yet in Hollywood--not sure if it's happened in Orlando).

On a personal note, count me in on really wanting Hellraiser. I also think some Asian horror would be a welcome change... I've seen many people wearing Uzumaki shirts, and I think that'd be an incredible maze, just imagine the visuals!

I think it's very interesting that, as far as I saw, no one has mentioned the most obvious IP that Universal is clearly in love with (and if someone has, sorry I missed it), but has never given a maze to: Chucky.

USH has a ton of Chucky merch everywhere (right alongside Frankenstein and the Bride on many shirts and masks), and he doesn't even appear anywhere at the event aside from a voice over on the Starway and an ad returning from the Terror Tram.

To honest, it isn't even my personal favorite property, but tons of people, as well as Uni itself, seem to love it. Shocking they haven't actually done a maze for it yet (at least not yet in Hollywood--not sure if it's happened in Orlando).

On a personal note, count me in on really wanting Hellraiser. I also think some Asian horror would be a welcome change... I've seen many people wearing Uzumaki shirts, and I think that'd be an incredible maze, just imagine the visuals!

There was in 2009. I think if they did a house in a similar vein but in an abandoned toy store with another shot at an open floor plan, that would be cool.

Hollywood has had Chucky in a maze back in 2009 in the House of Horrors space plus he was featured on a few Terror Trams. Also, and Chucky got a scare zone in Hollywood in 2013. Plus, who can forget Chucky's Insult Emporium.

Orlando has had Chucky in a house back in 2009 (Chucky: Friends til the End) and in a scare zone in 2018 (Revenge of Chucky).

To add on, Japan does Chucky haunted houses basically every year including one based off of the Cult of Chucky.

So, has Chucky been at the Horror Night's events in almost every way possible, yes. However, has the original 80's Child's Play it's self gotten a experience that relives the events of the film at HHN, no.

Last edited:
These are all true, but in House of Horrors, it was literally just two tiny rooms out of a gigantic two story maze that also featured Dracula, Wolfman, Mummy, Frankenstien, and Psycho way more. Hardly a maze dedicated to him. Terror Tram was a better feature for him I suppose (I did forget about that), but really, I feel he's owed a dedicated maze designed strictly for him (at least, in Hollywood).

And I'm not sure how much I count the Insult Emporium. Didn't that get shut down about 1/3 of the way into the event due to guest complaints? (Again, in Hollywood, at least)

These are all true, but in House of Horrors, it was literally just two tiny rooms out of a gigantic two story maze that also featured Dracula, Wolfman, Mummy, Frankenstien, and Psycho way more. Hardly a maze dedicated to him. Terror Tram was a better feature for him I suppose (I did forget about that), but really, I feel he's owed a dedicated maze designed strictly for him (at least, in Hollywood).

And I'm not sure how much I count the Insult Emporium. Didn't that get shut down about 1/3 of the way into the event due to guest complaints? (Again, in Hollywood, at least)

In 2009, Chucky's house in Orlando was more original with a lot of other evil toys, while Hollywood decided to make Chucky's Funhouse which used the House of Horrors space similar to Face Off and Universal Monsters Remix. There was more Chucky and no other "Universal Monsters" in the space for the 2009 HHN Hollywood season.
1631993247092.png1631993515936.png

I know some Horror Nights fans are "tired" of Chucky, and while he has been featured in multiple different Horror Nights, I think that idea that Chucky has not gotten a maze/house sense the 2009 (outside of the "IP era" and also one that is not in Japan) has made other Horror Nights fan saying that he is not used enough. I do understand both sides.

To keep this conversion going in the direction of "Biggest Horror IPs yet to appear at HHN," I think it's important to note that while Chucky has been featured, never has there been a "Child's Play" related experience that let's you relive the original film.

In 2009, Chucky's house in Orlando was more original with a lot of other evil toys, while Hollywood decided to make Chucky's Funhouse which used the House of Horrors space similar to Face Off and Universal Monsters Remix. There was more Chucky and no other "Universal Monsters" in the space for the 2009 HHN Hollywood season.
View attachment 15322View attachment 15323

I know some Horror Nights fans are "tired" of Chucky, and while he has been featured in multiple different Horror Nights, I think that idea that Chucky has not gotten a maze/house sense the 2009 (outside of the "IP era" and also one that is not in Japan) has made other Horror Nights fan saying that he is not used enough. I do understand both sides.

To keep this conversion going in the direction of "Biggest Horror IPs yet to appear at HHN," I think it's important to note that while Chucky has been featured, never has there been a "Child's Play" related experience that let's you relive the original film.

Imma argue in Hollywood's case, that they haven't had a full on maze featuring him. The overlay, Chucky's Funhouse, was a reskin of what was previously there. And to be honest; it'd make more sense now. Especially with SYFY/USA's Chucky TV series to finally bring in the representation more properly.

If only for Hollywood, atleast.

It was around for two and I think a 1/3 years, and then before the 2000 last season. It was pulled from the event in 2008, but that hasn't stopped on "Trying" to insert an puppeteered Chucky every few years or so (When Cult of Chucky got a scarezone and I think during 2019).

"Creatures" (maybe different name? late--00s) was an obvious pastiche of Tremors back when the event was low-profile enough to get away with blatant IP infringement. So quite doable.
Creatures was, literally, a reworking of the planned American Werewolf in London house with gigantic, humanoid aliens that resembled a one-eyed Clayface. The only thing remotely “Tremors” about the house was that it was rednecks.

1632062242025.png

After watching Gremlins again, and after seeing how the creative team pulled off Slimer (Ghostbusters) and the Gnome Puppet (Puppet Theatre), I think a Gremlins house can work.

It would complete the trilogy of "Horrorish Comedy's" coming to the event (Frist Ghostbusters, then Beetlejuice, then *maybe* in the future Gremlins).

Is there any more popular comedy's in the same vain as those three just mentioned that is also very popular in multiple different age groups?

After watching Gremlins again, and after seeing how the creative team pulled off Slimer (Ghostbusters) and the Gnome Puppet (Puppet Theatre), I think a Gremlins house can work.

It would complete the trilogy of "Horrorish Comedy's" coming to the event (Frist Ghostbusters, then Beetlejuice, then *maybe* in the future Gremlins).

Is there any more popular comedy's in the same vain as those three just mentioned that is also very popular in multiple different age groups?
In terms of "horror-ish" comedies (where it can be a bit light on the more horror elements, in the case of Beetlejuice) enjoyed by multiple age groups, I'd say that The Addams Family is probably the next biggest. True, it's definitely more comedy, but The Addams Family has been an iconic IP for decades and their house would make the perfect setting for a maze.