Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Biohazard: The Escape 2 Review aka Resident Evil

Jan 16, 2016
Good Morning, afternoon, or evening depending on the time that your reading this. If you gave up reading this after the first line I'm just going to write the word BANANAS so you quickly glance through and think why did this person write the word bananas, the truth is there is a no reason. But now that everyone else as given up I want to talk about the actual subject, which is Biohazard: The Escape 2. Located all the way in Osaka, Japan inside of Universal Studios Japan, Biohazard: the Escape 2 is I assume the sequel to the first escape room where you have one hour to escape. It takes place in what looks like a four story rethemed office building splashed with blood with various rooms from research labs to medical rooms, it's a highly themed escape the room experience. When you enter the attraction, you are put in a small group and they are your family for the next two hours. They give you an smart phone and tablet the has English, Chinese, Japanese, Korean, and a couple other languages that I didn't have time to notice. So it's very accessible if you live in Asia or if you speak/read English, so stay in school kids. They also give you a map that explains the layout of the experience. And I can honestly say it is huge, many different rooms on the four levels and some you need special access to get into.

You are introduced to the story with a quick "presentation on the umbrella company" until something goes wrong. One of the hosts who is wearing all white gets shot I think they use a squib and its pretty shocking/surpising because it comes out of nowhere. A group of counter umbrella corp. takes over the presentation proclaiming that they've taken the T-virus the guy who has the T-virus leaves the room and mysteriously dies. I hate it when that happens and in true resident evil style his death accidently releases the virus through out the building. At this moment the U.B.C.S. shows up and points shotguns and guns at the counter group. But zombies appear in the room that you are in and they focus their attention of the problem of the many zombies. Pushing them back through the doors and shutting the automatic doors. Then from the other side a Tyrant comes through the door and starts beating the crap out of everyone. They shot it infront of an electrical box and open the automatic doors and push him out with the zombies with shotgun blasts as force. We are told the automatic security system is active and will blow up the building in one hour, hey how lucky that's the average time of an escape the room, your only hope is to find the various antidotes to the virus and escape. And with that you are pushed inside of the building.

You can start on any floor you like, but at the beginning only the third and first floor are accessible. And the puzzles are extremely challenging, if you know your resident evil lore some of the puzzles might be easier to solve at the beginning. But, the massive difficultly curve really hits after you figure out your first five puzzles. I forgot to mention that all this time there are zombies jumping out at you, or blended into rooms. So you might be looking for something and distracted you leads to a very surprised you, when a zombie appears out of nowhere. Which does add to the experience.

My group and myself honestly didn't get that far into the puzzles before it was time for the "end game". It was really really difficult. At the end of the show they show you in Japanese, what all the solutions were. And man they were ridiculously complex. It takes about twenty minutes to explain it all. You might have to have a B.A. in puzzle solving just to make it through this. But, somehow there was one winner who was allowed to escape through the exit of the attraction. The rest of us dolts were treated to an ending show were Nemesis, the tyrant, and the bad guy from resident evil two come out and wreck havoc between the U.B.C.S. and the counter umbrella group. Which by the way, their costumes looked ten times better then the haunted house at Halloween Horror Nights 23. It was a little cheesy but at the end we all died. And the words appeared, "You are dead." It was a kookie experience, I have no idea how you would be able to solve all these problems on your first time through but hey thats life I suppose. It's worth a look, if you are in Japan and really want to do this is worth the trip but I would save your time for the Biohazard: the real attraction which is much better.

But if this wet your appetite for more Universal Studios Japan check out this video I just shot featuring the early morning rope drop and the new rollercoaster the flying dinosaur.

I absolutely loved your video. I felt like I was there. Man, the entrance to USJ looks epic.

I absolutely loved your video. I felt like I was there. Man, the entrance to USJ looks epic.
Oh man many thanks! The park is excellent, but it is way more packed then the parks in the states, as if anyone has the day off the area be prepared for long waits! But if you go on the weekdays there is near to no one there which is great!

Oh man many thanks! The park is excellent, but it is way more packed then the parks in the states, as if anyone has the day off the area be prepared for long waits! But if you go on the weekdays there is near to no one there which is great!

I can see that. I never thought in my life I'd see Jaws with a Single Riders line. :lol: