Black Widow | Page 3 | Inside Universal Forums

Black Widow

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Who could have ever imagined we would go a year without an MCU film?
At least we still have WandaVision. Of course Black Widow being pushed back now means Falcon and the Winter Soldier very likely won't release until Summer 2021 now due to tie-ins to Black Widow.

• Sad
Reactions: Tristan
At least we still have WandaVision. Of course Black Widow being pushed back now means Falcon and the Winter Soldier very likely won't release until Summer 2021 now due to tie-ins to Black Widow.
Is that so? I thought Black Widow was supposed to be pretty standalone since it takes place before Infinity War.

I'm mainly upset about this because this means the shows get pushed back....the flaw of the MCU is when this happens it messes up other films/shows now.

Hope in like 2 years we get 2 years of 4 MCU a year to kinda make up for an entire year of the MCU story not moving forward. I really want to see Fantastic 4 and Xmen in the MCU before i have grey hair

Reactions: HalfGlass
I'm mainly upset about this because this means the shows get pushed back....the flaw of the MCU is when this happens it messes up other films/shows now.

Hope in like 2 years we get 2 years of 4 MCU a year to kinda make up for an entire year of the MCU story not moving forward. I really want to see Fantastic 4 and Xmen in the MCU before i have grey hair
They went 12 years without this happening. This is just absolutely uncharted territory right now. Of course, I worry that with so many big movies moving back so far that by the time they are scheduled to open, the movie theaters may not be there for them. I think instead of complaining that movies keep moving, theaters need to lobby for a government bailout of some kind in order to stay afloat.

They went 12 years without this happening. This is just absolutely uncharted territory right now. Of course, I worry that with so many big movies moving back so far that by the time they are scheduled to open, the movie theaters may not be there for them. I think instead of complaining that movies keep moving, theaters need to lobby for a government bailout of some kind in order to stay afloat.
Yes they have their own problems

I think BW could have still opened and made money...not the money Disney wants (and honestly who knows if any film will until after 2022)
If I was Disney Id bite the bullet make it 15-20 bucks around Christmas and be the only thing people are talking about. I would support them if the film wasn't over 20 bucks
The Mulan route shows 30 does not work, yes its a steal for families but who cares most people want to not leave right now and dont have kids watching the MCU films anyway. Get it out so the MCU can move on and focus on shows until the films can come out again

So... rumor on the street is the big Investors Day announcement is going to be Black Widow going to Disney+. I can see this totally being true as Disney doesn't want to push their MCU schedule anymore and they probably don't think audiences will fully be there yet in May. As also has been noted, Black Widow is likely holding up both Falcon and the Winter Soldier and Loki from being released due to related story elements.

Bob Chapek has been clear that Disney is going all-in on streaming and with them having the subscribership numbers they have now and still plenty of room to grow, I can easily see Black Widow going to Disney+.

So... rumor on the street is the big Investors Day announcement is going to be Black Widow going to Disney+. I can see this totally being true as Disney doesn't want to push their MCU schedule anymore and they probably don't think audiences will fully be there yet in May. As also has been noted, Black Widow is likely holding up both Falcon and the Winter Soldier and Loki from being released due to related story elements.

Bob Chapek has been clear that Disney is going all-in on streaming and with them having the subscribership numbers they have now and still plenty of room to grow, I can easily see Black Widow going to Disney+.

Well Netflix put out movies costing $200 million all the time so I guess it could work for Disney if it boosts subscribers.

I'll be dissapointed not to see it in a theater, big movies desere a big screen experience.

Reactions: Grabnar

Gah Disney, you always win. I’ll re-sub. Pfff

Reactions: Tristan and Grabnar

I said this the moment they've been putting their eggs in on DTC, this makes absolute sense.

Bump Black Widow to Early April--have it on Premier Access for 25 Dollars per account. It'd be a compromise that would get people's attention *Extremely* quick.

Reactions: Nick and Grabnar
I said this the moment they've been putting their eggs in on DTC, this makes absolute sense.

Bump Black Widow to Early April--have it on Premier Access for 25 Dollars per account. It'd be a compromise that would get people's attention *Extremely* quick.
WandaVision will run them into March. I think that's certainly enough to tide people over for a bit. Maybe Disney would do a day and date release with theaters on Black Widow and tell them to either take it or leave it? Then shortly after Black Widow, we can finally get FatWS, maybe around May.

I mean this makes Sense Movies won't be seeing the big bucks until sometime late next summer if not later and this film is tied into the MCU im sure in a few ways so they need to just get it out.

I'm also sure if they release it in Theaters late summer with a deleted scene or two they can pull some millions in if they really want to try and recoup some cash

Reactions: Jamesh22

Which street is this rumor on?

Marvel already said not happening. Sorry the main article is in Spanish

"It seems to me that our films are films for theatrical distribution," Alonso explained. "We always said that we believe in different formats, and it is very important to maintain the custom, the tradition, of watching certain films in community. With Avengers: Endgame we did as usual: every Friday before a movie comes out, we go to see it with people who had never seen it. If you see it with those 500 people, or the 1,000 people, or the 100 people who were in the cinema, what you feel when you see that movie with other people is something very different from what one can feel in the living room with the four, five or six people who live in your house. So, whenever possible and that it is something that health measures allow us, we want our films to be seen in the cinema."

They've denied rumors before that then turned out true. And if it's the largest thing to come out of Investor Day for Premier Access--wouldn't the first instinct be to make sure that any rumor is denied outright? They've been exceptionally keen on the subject of holding off on discussing for the contents of Investor Day.

"It seems to me that our films are films for theatrical distribution," is not a denial by any stretch. It sounds more like Marvel is fighting with Disney to keep their movies in theaters rather than Disney+ to me.

Wonder Woman is coming to HBO Max (no extra cost) on Christmas so for Sure Disney can do the Same with Black Widow

Wonder Woman is coming to HBO Max (no extra cost) on Christmas so for Sure Disney can do the Same with Black Widow

Disney already has Christmas covered with Soul.

That said, the fact WB used their golden goose, is a testiment towards things. It leans me to be much more certain that Disney may do the same with their goose.