Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Bob Iger

Funny, I never heard a peep about Iger being there last night, although that would explain some of the scrambling I saw in a few places. The FP comments were great, by the way. :lol:

Nothing special, just some really good fireworks, and it looked like that team was trying to outdo the Epcot pyro team and their holiday tag finale with the amount of fireworks set off for this finale. I'm told the team was given a ridiculously high budget for this and that they went out and got some of the loudest, biggest shells they could safely use...I can certainly believe it! Can't wait to start processing the photos I took, and those of you who know how to find me on Flickr, keep an eye out starting next Friday for them.

I knew I shouldn't of gotten my hopes up, but I did. I should have known something big wouldn't happen with such little evidence and the way Disney World is now. I find it funny how Bob Iger ran out of things to do and got bored in only two hours.

I was there on Saturday. Massive crowds. There was helicopters all over the place around 9 PM and I have no clue what that was all about. Both me and the person behind me were confused, because I had never seen a helicopter above Disney never the less 3.

Fireworks were AWESOME. Finally got to do Jack Sparrow thing. The wait was 5 minutes after fireworks because the park died down, but during the day it was 30 to 45 minutes. Never got to ride TSM because it was running between 60 and 75 and Fast Passes were gone when I got there. What caused half the issues is from 8:30 to 10:30 PM they had many rides closed for fireworks. While the fireworks were very cool, I see why they don't do this on a regular basis. Between the shows that close early (Indiana Jones, Beauty and the Beast, LMA, Disney Jr) and the rides that had to shut down during fireworks, it caused issues.

Yea, their launch area is quite small for the park. They can do the little stuff that comes off the castle at MK just fine, but big shells they just don't have enough fallout space with the road right behind the back of the park and everything.

Same reason why IOA could never do the potter opening fireworks every day (they had to shut down to public streets to do that fireworks show)

I was there on Saturday. Massive crowds. There was helicopters all over the place around 9 PM and I have no clue what that was all about. Both me and the person behind me were confused, because I had never seen a helicopter above Disney never the less 3.

Fireworks were AWESOME. Finally got to do Jack Sparrow thing. The wait was 5 minutes after fireworks because the park died down, but during the day it was 30 to 45 minutes. Never got to ride TSM because it was running between 60 and 75 and Fast Passes were gone when I got there. What caused half the issues is from 8:30 to 10:30 PM they had many rides closed for fireworks. While the fireworks were very cool, I see why they don't do this on a regular basis. Between the shows that close early (Indiana Jones, Beauty and the Beast, LMA, Disney Jr) and the rides that had to shut down during fireworks, it caused issues.

The only reason that Indiana Jones closed early is because of Swoozie :p