Brazil World Showcase Pavilion? (Rumor) | Page 15 | Inside Universal Forums

Brazil World Showcase Pavilion? (Rumor)

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
I hope Brazil comes soon. Even if it is just scenery, shops, and food it's nice to have some variety and it would be awesome for South America to be represented in the WC. I feel like there is never a politically perfect time to announce a new pavilion ... Just rip off the band-aid.. All countries have a dark side including the one where Epcot is located :lmao:. Epcot represents the ideal version of that country.

I feel a water ride through the Amazon would be good, but just not now obviously. World Showcase Imo doesn't need a ton of rides, rather it needs lots of theming and high quality dining. Which for the most part, it has. After Remy and Poppins I'm not sure what other rides we should expect really in all honesty.
Every pavilion needs an attraction of some level, IMO. And I’m not counting street performers.

Every pavilion needs an attraction of some level, IMO. And I’m not counting street performers.
Idk honestly not everyone goes to Disney for rides. In fact, lots don't. Granted the majority do but there are tons of people who can only handle the "lighter" attractions at Epcot. Plus, lots of people travel for the dining.

Reactions: OrlLover and jrn14
I mean in a perfect world every pavilion would have an attraction... but I don't want them to demolish all the pavilions except Mexico/Norway/France and I'd take a new pavilion without one over just a green hillside. I do think they are making some big progress by adding two rides to the WC which is the first time since the 80s. (right?)

The issue with WS is not that there's not enough rides, but not enough to do outside of shopping and dining. You could only spend so much $ before you stop yourself.

the number one issue is that it's become a glorified pub crawl.
I don't have a problem drinking at Disney, I have a drinking problem everywhere I go.:rimshot:

On a serious note, it's super high margins and generates interest in a park that hasn't had the most significant investment. The internal ROI on Food & Wine and the other events must be through the roof because they're constantly doing them.

Reactions: jrn14 and Mad Dog
Rides, attractions, shows, movies. Whatever. It needs more.
Ya this is my point. I don't think rides is necessarily what WS needs. The space (from what I can tell, no expert here) doesn't leave them much room for any E ticket attractions really. I love Grand Fiesta Tour, Frozen looks decent, Remy seems fun but not much more than that. And we see what we may be getting from Mary Poppins. Are these the kind of attractions we want? I just think people are unrealistically asking for rides that will never exist.

Ya this is my point. I don't think rides is necessarily what WS needs. The space (from what I can tell, no expert here) doesn't leave them much room for any E ticket attractions really. I love Grand Fiesta Tour, Frozen looks decent, Remy seems fun but not much more than that. And we see what we may be getting from Mary Poppins. Are these the kind of attractions we want? I just think people are unrealistically asking for rides that will never exist.
No, we're just asking for rides that we actually WANT to ride. :thumbsup:

I feel a water ride through the Amazon would be good, but just not now obviously. World Showcase Imo doesn't need a ton of rides, rather it needs lots of theming and high quality dining. Which for the most part, it has. After Remy and Poppins I'm not sure what other rides we should expect really in all honesty.
Yep I’m in this camp here and agree with you.

The World Showcase has been the best part of Epcot for years now so it didn’t need help and clearly wasn’t “stagnant” like Future World was so people need to be realistic with their expectations from Disney. They are not going to add some insane number of rides all at once unless it was a brand new park.

I have no idea what you’re saying then. We need attractions, especially rides. It needs rides, it doesn’t matter if it’s not going to happen.

For all intents and purposes (just change the name & location), Kali River Rapids is a ride through that same Amazon type environment, with logging, slash & burn, etc. ruining the natural environment. So I can't really see Disney doing a duplicate type ride in the same resort, just different park.

For all intents and purposes (just change the name & location), Kali River Rapids is a ride through that same Amazon type environment, with logging, slash & burn, etc. ruining the natural environment. So I can't really see Disney doing a duplicate type ride in the same resort, just different park.

A water ride would be nice though.

Reactions: therock