Brazil World Showcase Pavilion? (Rumor) | Page 2 | Inside Universal Forums

Brazil World Showcase Pavilion? (Rumor)

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
I agree, I'm just surprised. Disney has been pretty "PC" about religion in the past. Are there any other religious depictions/writings in the park that I'm not aware of?
Not a permanent depiction, but for the Festival of the Holidays, every pavilion shows how they celebrate the holidays (much of which has to do with religion) and, of course, the Candlelight Processional.

Reactions: SeventyOne
This pic from Blog Mickey shows where the pavilion is slated to go (between Italy and Germany):

disney-performing-arts-brazil-1.jpg

The building there now is the Disney Youth Performing Arts space, which interestingly is who will takeover the theatre where the Circle of Life currently shows. That doesn't 100% mean that this venue is being vacated, but it does open up the possibility for them to demo the structure since Performing Arts will have another home with lots of seating.

It'll be interesting to see if changes start being made to this area or it just continues as is.

I agree, I'm just surprised. Disney has been pretty "PC" about religion in the past. Are there any other religious depictions/writings in the park that I'm not aware of?

They're still rolling with the Candelight Processional. Then again, they make bank with it.

As a side note: When we went this year in the seats (for dinner reservation packages), I looked around and said to my wife "Have you ever seen an older and whiter crowd than this at WDW?" She said she was thinking the exact same thing. Has nothing to do with Brazil, just found it humorous.

Reactions: RevFreako and Nick
It's a Landmark, nothing the bubble wrap society can do about it. It's like China without Budha and dragons... it just ain't Chinese.

Say what you will , but Disney feels somewhat responsible for “bubble wrap society”.

I do wonder how they will “fake” the mountains of Rio though. I mean they will need to do way better then Beast’s castle.

Reactions: tankart150
Say what you will , but Disney feels somewhat responsible for “bubble wrap society”.

I do wonder how they will “fake” the mountains of Rio though. I mean they will need to do way better then Beast’s castle.
I honestly feel it will look something like Avatar ironically....Brazil is so beautiful, I hope it doesn't turn out like the concept art I've seen

Reactions: tankart150
Yeah, Pandora does a great job of adding a lot of perceived depth to it's mountain range as well.

Pandora also cost $$$$$$$$$$$$$$. This is a much smaller project. So I highly doubt it will be that detailed/lush.

Also on the ride/no ride debate. I do like more rides, but I think part of the appeal of the countries is that there aren't rides everywhere. It allows you to enjoy the theming/shows, eat/drink, and shop, without the pressure of getting a fast pass, or waiting in a long line. A "Carnival" type daily parade or show would be pretty popular I would imagine.

Pandora also cost $$$$$$$$$$$$$$. This is a much smaller project. So I highly doubt it will be that detailed/lush.

Also on the ride/no ride debate. I do like more rides, but I think part of the appeal of the countries is that there aren't rides everywhere. It allows you to enjoy the theming/shows, eat/drink, and shop, without the pressure of getting a fast pass, or waiting in a long line. A "Carnival" type daily parade or show would be pretty popular I would imagine.

If this pavilion opens up with no carnival type show or a side show, it will be highly disappointing.

If this pavilion opens up with no carnival type show or a side show, it will be highly disappointing.

I would fully expect people dressed up in "carnival" type outfits walking around and taking pictures with guests. It's cheap, and would be a crowd pleaser.

Smaller in size, but that doesn't mean money isn't there to blow. Not Pandora money, but still not chump change.

And I agree the pavilion could be perfectly nice with no ride. It's just disappointing they would decide to design a country - with a ride intended - and the ride need to be cut because of overspending.

Smaller in size, but that doesn't mean money isn't there to blow. Not Pandora money, but still not chump change.

And I agree the pavilion could be perfectly nice with no ride. It's just disappointing they would decide to design a country - with a ride intended - and the ride need to be cut because of overspending.

Pandora's mountains are also meant for up-close viewing, if the mountains are done using perspective/distance like the Eiffel Tower, less detail (money) is needed.

Reactions: Nick and Mad Dog
Has Disney set a date for Brazil to be built/open yet?
No.

According to @Marni1971 however, we could see groundbreaking soon and it's expected to be ready for Epcot's 40th in 2022. It was expected to be announced at D23, but there was a lot of things they had to work out with the contract before they could make an announcement, so they haven't.

I know @Joe would say this isn't going to get built and honestly I don't blame him. Disney has a bad history when it comes to adding Pavilions to World Showcase.

I would fully expect people dressed up in "carnival" type outfits walking around and taking pictures with guests. It's cheap, and would be a crowd pleaser.

Thats actually a good idea. They could do a nightly "Carnival" party and do a big one yearly when the Brazillian one is going on.