Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Brazil World Showcase Pavilion? (Rumor)

I'd rather see rides added to existing pavilions.
This is about where I’m at. Honestly, I’m not sure if WS actually needs to add a country ever again. Use the expansion pads for rides to make the existing pavilions less incomplete.

I don't think there are many natural IP fits for the existing attraction-less countries, and -- unfortunately -- that would appear to be a prerequisite for a new ride in World Showcase.

I don't think there are many natural IP fits for the existing attraction-less countries, and -- unfortunately -- that would appear to be a prerequisite for a new ride in World Showcase.

Brothers Grimm dark ride for Germany that features storybook versions of several Disney Princesses (Snow White, rapunzel, etc) among the other characters Disney hasn’t taken yet lol.

it’ll never happen, but I still think about it every day lmao

Not surprised, no, but certainly increasingly frustrated that Disney won't just spend the money themselves and get some new country into World Showcase.
Especially when the bar and steakhouse would do nothing but make money.

This is a prime case of what can really annoy me at times. In this industry, you gotta' spend money to make money. An one would think that spending the money to put in a couple things that'll certainly make that money back and then some would be a no brainer, right? But nope, they don't wanna' spend their own money. They're holding out for that sponsor money which grows increasingly more elusive as years go on...

This is a prime case of what can really annoy me at times. In this industry, you gotta' spend money to make money. An one would think that spending the money to put in a couple things that'll certainly make that money back and then some would be a no brainer, right? But nope, they don't wanna' spend their own money. They're holding out for that sponsor money which grows increasingly more elusive as years go on...
They had a sponsor at one point (or maybe multiple) in this projects life. I'm not sure exactly why it never got the green light, but i'm thinking the sponsor pulled over disagreements . Maybe Disney wanted them to pay more than they were willing to or Disney wanted to add a ride or else they decided it wasn't worth building. Whatever happened obviously killed the project. To me it's not a huge loss since there was no ride rumored to be a part of it, but it is still a slight disappointment.

Something that got brought up recently that I think would be a fun addition would be Pinocchio's Daring Journey to Italy. There's plenty of space in between USA and Italy for a ride (although not large enough for a new country so might as well use it). While some may say this would just be more Fantasyland invading WS, the character of Pinocchio was created in 1883 by Italian writer Carlo Collodi. I'd argue Pinocchio would fit into Italy far better than Frozen, Rat and definitely as well, if not better than Poppins.

Obviously this isn't gonna happen anyway so it doesn't matter, but I just think this would be a fun ride to bring over to tie into the country. They could even do a Pinocchio exhibit showcasing the work of Carlo Collodi's version of the character.

Disney are stuck between a rock and a hard place with World showcase. Even if they were to pay for it themselves, you’ve got the backlash of every country wondering why they had to pay.
Can they simply not disclose the information on who did or didn’t pay?
Do we know if China paid 100% or 12%? Do we know if “France” paid a penny for the expansion?

Its all confidential anyway, and I don’t see Canada opening up an inquiry to see who paid for the Brazil expansion in Epcot.

Something that got brought up recently that I think would be a fun addition would be Pinocchio's Daring Journey to Italy. There's plenty of space in between USA and Italy for a ride (although not large enough for a new country so might as well use it).
That’s a pretty tight fit. They have enough room for a massive building on the Germany side instead.

And speaking of Germany. I’m unsure what type of attraction they would have; but the Africa plot is absolutely enormous. An E ticket to draw people to the furthest corner of the park would be an ideal location.

Last edited:
Do we know if China paid 100% or 12%? Do we know if “France” paid a penny for the expansion?

Its all confidential anyway, and I don’t see Canada opening up an inquiry to see who paid for the Brazil expansion in Epcot.

That’s a pretty tight fit. They have enough room for a massive building on the Germany side instead.

And speaking of Germany. I’m unsure what type of attraction they would have; but the Africa plot is absolutely enormous. An E ticket to draw people to the furthest corner of the park would be an ideal location.

They don't want to disclose but they also don't want any tension with the countries already there. It's just the way it is.

Everybody laughed at the idea of Wakanda being part of World Showcase but that might be the only way for Disney to spend their own money to add to World Showcase.

China - Mulan
Germany - Snow White. It's not explicit, but would definitely fit.
Italy - Pinocchio
Canada - Brother Bear? Never specified where it's set, but could be Canada. If not, it could fit in America.
Stumped for Morocco though!

Not saying this should happen, and the latter two definitely wouldn't be massive draws for the public, but there are IPs they could use if they absolutely wanted to.

They don't want to disclose but they also don't want any tension with the countries already there. It's just the way it is.
Says who?
How do you know that’s “just the way it is”.
We simply aren’t privy to any of the discussions past or present. Nor do we have any idea of what percentages, if any, each individual country paid or the specifics of any contracts.

If it’s Wakanda representing mid and Southern Africa they made the smart decision.
Agreed. More than that, Mid and Southern Africa already have a large land in Animal Kingdom also. Just as much of India and parts of Southeast Asia are represented in AK as well. I’d much rather see areas that had zero representation in other parks to avoid redundancy.

Says who?
How do you know that’s “just the way it is”.
We simply aren’t privy to any of the discussions past or present. Nor do we have any idea of what percentages, if any, each individual country paid or the specifics of any contracts.

Agreed. More than that, Mid and Southern Africa already have a large land in Animal Kingdom also. Just as much of India and parts of Southeast Asia are represented in AK as well. I’d much rather see areas that had zero representation in other parks to avoid redundancy.

You're right, we're not privy to any of the discussion past or present but if Disney is trying to make a deal with a corporation or country to back or fund the development of a new country, you can guarantee that information will be shared via a case study. Norway and Morocco are the only two countries to be opened after Epcot opened but they're also the only two countries to be backed by their own governments to some degree. Every country that opened on opening day didn't have their government backing.

How do I know that's just the way it is? Because we haven't had a new country added to World Showcase in over 30 years and Disney don't seem to be prepared to pay for it themselves.

At the risk of turning this into the "World Showcase Wish List" thread, I'd like to see Greece. You'd have distinctive architecture, for sure, and if Disney needs an IP tie-in for a ride, have the cast of HERCULES take us on a journey through Greek mythology.

Obviously, my dream pavilion would be the old concept from the early 1990s for Russia, which would have instantly been the best pavilion in World Showcase... but we all know the geopolitical climate will not currently allow that.

It’s tight yes, but it’s not like PDJ needs a giant show building.

At the risk of turning this into the "World Showcase Wish List" thread, I'd like to see Greece. You'd have distinctive architecture, for sure, and if Disney needs an IP tie-in for a ride, have the cast of HERCULES take us on a journey through Greek mythology.

Obviously, my dream pavilion would be the old concept from the early 1990s for Russia, which would have instantly been the best pavilion in World Showcase... but we all know the geopolitical climate will not currently allow that.
Yeah, just imagine how akward it would be if they had built the announced Iran pavilion!